Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Completed [Play-by-Post] Magic World/BRP: "In Search of the Sorcerer"

Wayward Son

Fails to keep valuable team members alive
"Well, this is a cheery sight, no?"

Grimgravy

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire
Rhenmyr examines the skulls closest to him. "Cormac, do you have any insight into this? And candlelight? Who or what is tending them?"

Cormac thinks back to his early days of training, but doesn't remember anything like what he is seeing. "I've never seen nor heard of anything like this before. It is quite disturbing. The piles of skulls lead me to believe that whoever put them here, had no respect for the living, or the dead."

[1d100]World Lore = 46 vs 24

nikolokolus

Arcane
"Quite unsettling... Actually, come to think of it, this reminds me of... "

World Lore :
[1d100] = 98 vs 104
Unfortunately a result of 96-00 is always a failure regardless of skill being avove 100. the main advantage of 100+ skills is that fumbles drop from 99-00 to just 00 and you get "arete" bonuses (see Advanced Sorcery pg. 102)

L'ennui

Magister
"Hmm... Yes, it reminds me of gravings of the mausoleum of Ninertha, in the East. I'm afraid that's not much use to us down here, however."

Last edited:

L'ennui

Magister
Urash climbs one of the stairways along the walls, prodding the steps with his staff. Once he reaches the mezzanine he will peer into the apse to see what is there.

nikolokolus

Arcane
The apse is a shallow alcove graven with strange symbols that you do not recognize, but looking at them makes you feel uneasy.

In the center of the apse is a black marble pedestal about three feet tall. In its center a tall, empty, crystal decanter lying on its side. There is a bright pool of something bright, shiny, ruby red on top of the pedestal around the decanter's mouth.

Cormac looks around at the remains on the floor. "Give me a bit of time, and i might be able to find out what we are up against." Cormac picks up a skull and begins the process to learn how this poor soul died.

[1d100] Necrology = 30 vs 138

Last edited:

L'ennui

Magister
Urash leans in to look at the spilled liquid. He whispers : "Hmm. Seems like somebody made a mess... I wonder what this substance is. Too bad I failed that alchemy class back in the day, hmm, Maru? Oooh, I really messed that final exam, little one. The fumes had me dizzy for a week."

Stepping back, Urash shivers as he looks at the symbols before going back to the others.

"Esteemed colleagues, if any of you are brewers or connaisseurs of elixirs and potions, there is some spill here which may be salvageable or at least of interest. Or perhaps just wine! I'm not going to taste it."

Last edited:

Grimgravy

Arcane
Patron
Rhenmyr takes up a guard position at the top of one of the stairs. "Spilled wine or mystery potion? Did you see anything worth descending all those stairs?"

nikolokolus

Arcane
Cormac retires to quiet corner with a skull in-hand. Disjointed images flash through your mind. First you see a woods as if you were running through them. You turn around see a bipedal lizard wielding a great saw-toothed sword chasing you to ground. The sword cuts through the air in a sweeping arc and the vision starts to lean at a crazy angle as you feel "your" head topple from its shoulders and tumble to to the stony ground, just before the lights dim and nothingingness consumes you. This happened a very long time ago . . . a gulf of time so vast that your mind can barely encompass it -- tens of thousands of years ago (at least).

Grimgravy

Arcane
Patron
"If there's nothing but some strange fluid and unintelligible symbols, and moldering bones, I suggest we leave. This place reminds me of the world we saw from the balcony of Ghul's tower. I'd rather not run into anything akin to the winged beast we saw there."

Rhenmyr will defend the group but wont be taking the lead, here. So, a no to checking mystery fluid for him.

ERYFKRAD

Barbarian
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Borric will roll Physik to determine if the liquid is blood of any creature.
nikolokolus please roll for me if you don't mind. I'd do it but I'm at work and we might as well speed this up?

L'ennui

Magister
"Friend Rhenmyr, I believe there is still this path to explore. Our misery is not at its end."

Urash points to the tunnel that continues beneath the mezzanine with his staff.

nikolokolus

Arcane
Borric will roll Physik to determine if the liquid is blood of any creature.
nikolokolus please roll for me if you don't mind. I'd do it but I'm at work and we might as well speed this up?
I'm really busy today, but I'll get it when I come home today in about ten hours

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom