Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Completed [Play-by-Post] Magic World/BRP: "In Search of the Sorcerer"

Siveon

Bot
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
"What you describe might be the aroma of fey, Rhenmyr." Marcán describes his conclusion, "Hopefully we didn't alert them of our present location."

Grimgravy

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire
"If it has any sense and didn't disappear with the glowing fog, it will know something dispersed it. Perhaps we can crest the hill in several places and then light up the area somehow? Or should we proceed in the dark?"

nikolokolus

Arcane
Just wanted to check in and see if everyone is still into it this thing.

I've noticed interest might be flagging a bit and to be frank, I've lost a bit of interest myself in this particular campaign. Even though it's a homebrew setting of my own design, I'll be honest, I'm kind of bored with it. That isn't to say I've lost interest in running another play-by-post game of some kind.

So we have a couple of options. We can retire the game, or take a break on the current campaign and come back to it at a later date, or we can do something else entirely. Personally I'm kind of eager to try a slightly different genre or theme -- science-fantasy, gothic horror, sandbox, megadungeon, DCC RPG gonzo, whatever.

So any suggestions, preferences or other thoughts?

ERYFKRAD

Barbarian
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
I'm all right with continuing. Seriously, our momentum always drops when we're talking or exploring and shoots right up when we fight or plan. Is okay.

Siveon

Bot
I had holidays and returning to another semester pretty soon. I personally would like to continue.

nikolokolus

Arcane
OK. We'll keep at it. I might be "shaking things up" a bit though ...

(Have no fear that isn't code for "kill a bunch of characters.")

L'ennui

Magister
I'm still interested in the campaign, even though it's been quite busy lately. Started a new job right after the holidays, wife is pregnant so I pull double shifts on the house chores and parenting fronts.

Grimgravy

Arcane
Patron
I'm cool with whatever. Glad to continue. I'm keen to see if having eaten Gryphon heart, Rhenmyr inherits its mythical powers or indigestion! Plus the piper and whatnot. We're all going to die.

ERYFKRAD

Barbarian
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Uh, using light sources might give away our position, but that might not matter, seeing as it's Fey and all...
Now that I think about it, maybe our Magic-guy and druids, and Bard should just walk up to it, while ranger and I sneak up behind. Just in case. Or maybe just the wizard and bard in front, and the rest of us ready to jump it. Siveon L'ennui Wayward Son Grimgravy @Llewyn ap Gruffyd thoughts?

Wayward Son

Fails to keep valuable team members alive
Sounds good to me. My hide is piss-poor anyhow. I might be able to use fast talk(62) to convince it to not kill us.

Siveon

Bot
I should probably do any negotiating, at least in common and in Keltic, due to my fast talk of 85 and all.
No, I'm not bragging at all. :M

Yeah, we should go with the Barbarian's plan. The sneaking-disabled should walk up to our would-be enemy (with a light) while another group tries to flank 'em.

nikolokolus

Arcane
Who's sneaking and who's walking up? Sneaking to the left or the right of the summit will take about 5 rounds (about a minute). There is a horshoe shaped arete wrapped around the sides of the depression at the summit about twenty feet higher than the top of the broken broch.

I can cast my moonrise spell and drag it around with me. I can also leave it somewhere as we continue to walk as a distraction if we need it.

Wayward Son

Fails to keep valuable team members alive
I can walk up to provide some minor protection on our fast-talkers. And I can attempt to rectify any negotiating failures.

Grimgravy

Arcane
Patron
I'm down. Rhenmyr will alscend from the flank. What of Ker, Helly , I remember him being stealthy but he's also a druid. He could go either way.

ERYFKRAD

Barbarian
Patron
Right, so Rhenmyr and Borric could sneak up either side, at somewhat staggered intervals, so one failed stealth check doesn't affect the other guy? Also, using cloth to plug ears, just in case the Fey plays funny music.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom