Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Completed [Play-by-Post] Magic World/BRP: "In Search of the Sorcerer"

nikolokolus

Arcane
Shield vs arrow block (15%) roll [1d100] = 97%, armor vs. arrow [1d8] = 2 7 damage, Major Wound! Rhenmyr's arrow sinks deeply into the man's cheek through the unprotected part of his open-faced helm. He howls in pain and anger and charges onward with his lance, blood streaming down his black lacquered scale armor.

Lance charge vs. Rhenmyr (55%) roll [1d100] = 85%, damage [1d8+1] = 6+1 = 7 + [3d6] = 16 damage bonus Fail! His lance sinks deeply into the thatch of the roof below Rhenmyr's feet. He wrenches it free and discards his shield so he can lever the lance like a two-handed spear.

Grimgravy

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire
So, I'm a lot closer to the edge than I thought if he can charge me with a lance. I was expecting something to be thrown. Did he crash into the house or move past? What's the positioning for round 4?

nikolokolus

Arcane
So, I'm a lot closer to the edge than I thought if he can charge me with a lance. I was expecting something to be thrown. Did he crash into the house or move past? What's the positioning for round 4?
These are not particularly tall structures. Maybe 11-12 feet at the peak. It still gives you the advantage of high ground (so I goofed, he should have been -10% to his attack, and you will get +10% to any melee attacks).

Siveon

Bot
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Marcán strikes down one of the nearest fallen bandits. Specifically one of the more wounded.
Sword (89) vs [1d100] = 21
Falcata Damage [1d8+2] = 4+2 = 6 + [1d2] = 1 +[1d4] = 1

"Lay down your arms and surrender, else you'll all meet the same fate as your allies. Know that if you run, I will simply hunt you down like the dogs that you really are. You, who have disturbed my home - will pay the ultimate price."
Fast Talk (85) vs [1d100] = 96 Well it sounded threatening enough in Marcán's head!

nikolokolus

Arcane
Sorry my dudes, it's been a crazy busy week.
Rider attempts to parry Marcan's sword thrust (45%) roll [1d100] = 37% and succeeds
Prone rider parries Borrric's maul (45%) roll [1d100] = 35% and somehow manages to absorb the brunt of his blow with his shield.
Rider parries Amon's sword thrust (55%) roll [1d100] = 96% and fails Armor roll vs. Amon's sword thrust: [1d8-7] = 5-7 = 2 damage gets through and inflicts a flesh wound.
He didn't crash into the house, but appears to be trying to climb up on to the thatched roof next round. You'll be able move and act before that happens though.

nikolokolus

Arcane
The 6 prone riders attempt to dodge to get on their feet and out of the flames which is starting to burn through their armor. Dodge rolls to get up from prone (35%): roll [1d100] = 97%, [1d100] = 14%, [1d100] = 94%, [1d100] = 89% [1d100] = 66%, [1d100] = 83% Only one of the men manages to get on his feet (and he turns his back to start running (so free attack against him) with Borric swinging his maul over their heads and menacing them, they belly crawl through the fire as fast as they can (Siveon & ERYFKRAD: One free attack each from Marcán and Borric at two of the men trying to crawl away, they and the other three will still be on their bellies until they try to stand up again next round, but they'll likely be outside the radius of the flames at that point). Depending on the outcome of these free attacks the following might be amended.

Round 4 (Dex Ranks)
18 Rhenmyr
16 Amon
14 Borric
11 Riders (4 on their bellies in the flames, 1 on his belly outside of the flames, 2 dead, 3 fleeing, 2 around Amon and 1 at Rhenmyr's location).
9 Marcán

nikolokolus

Arcane
One roll each (unless you have 101+ in a weapons skill) and yep, that's a special against a defenseless foe, so roll double damage (armor still defends). Your second weapon attack is a critical, so we'll see if it can be reduced by a parry.
parry vs. Marán's critical sword thrust (45% prone) roll [1d100] = 45% Critical vs. Normal success = Special success for Marcán, roll double damage for that attack too.
armor rolls vs. Marcán: first deflects [1d8] = 7 damage, second deflects [1d8] = 4 damage

nikolokolus

Arcane
Dead and Dead! Marcán chops one crawling man's head off with his flaming sword and skewers another through the throat.

The remaining crawling men abandon all hope and once they are outside of the flames throw down their weapons and surrender. The men near Amon don't appear to have gotten the memo yet, nor has the rider near Rhenmyr (Borric can still take his free swing)

nikolokolus

Arcane
parry (45%) roll [1d100] = 46% and armor roll vs Borric's attack: 11 - [1d8] = 3 damage = 8 damage inflicted (Major wound). The man futily raises his shield to deflect Borric's maul and he screams in pain as the shock crushes his arm. The man's shriek of pain seems to carry far enough to get the attention of the men surrounding Amon. They turn and see the flaming oil and their 6 companions surrendering to Borric and Marcán and they immediately break off and gallop for the gate (Llywelyn ap Gruffydd Amon gets one free swing at one of the fleeing men).

nikolokolus

Arcane
armor roll vs. Amon's free swing: damage deflected [1d8-3] = 1-3 = 2. Amon manages to inflict a minor wound on one of the fleeing men.

Currently 5 riders are fleeing the hillfort and have gotten beyond the gate, as well as the other wagonneer. 5 men have surrendered and pat out the flames on their clothes. Their faces are sullen and grim. Borric and Marcán get the impression that these men are not so much afraid as they are resigned to their fate. One of them speaks up, "Well brigands, what do you want? If you seek ransom I doubt any will be paid for humble mercenaries like us and this place has already been picked clean. But I can promise you one thing; when our comrades get back to our employer I can assure you that he's going to send a considerable force to come and take his revenge. If you were wise I'd suggest you could perhaps restrain us in a locked cell somewhere and flee this place while you still can."

Siveon

Bot
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Marcán picks up the mercenary by the collar, teeth bared. "You dare call me brigand, you uncleaned welp?! This is my home, it is my right to defend it, whatever is left. I do not care what you think, if you even can, I care about information. But I will not tolerate advice from dirt."

Marcán runs his blade through the eye of the outspoken man, and looks to the rest of them. "Now, who hired you rats, who is your employer? Where do they live, and where have you taken my people. If any of you so much as mutter anything aside from information I will cut you down where you stand. Talk and you may see tomorrow."

Attack roll?

nikolokolus

Arcane
Marcán picks up the mercenary by the collar, teeth bared. "You dare call me brigand, you uncleaned welp?! This is my home, it is my right to defend it, whatever is left. I do not care what you think, if you even can, I care about information. But I will not tolerate advice from dirt."

Marcán runs his blade through the eye of the outspoken man, and looks to the rest of them. "Now, who hired you rats, who is your employer? Where do they live, and where have you taken my people. If any of you so much as mutter anything aside from information I will cut you down where you stand. Talk and you may see tomorrow."

Attack roll?
ERYFKRAD forget the Luck roll, if you want Borric to go off chasing the men on foot, then that makes sense within the context of the fight.
Borric sprints at full speed after the fleeing riders. In a matter of about a minute he catches up to the wagon that is trying to trundle its way down the switch-backed slope. Just before Borric is able to close the full distance with the wagon he gradually begins to regain his senses; the blood-lust starts to fade and he feels his lungs burning and is slightly fatigued. Regardless, Borric realizes that he'll overtake the man driving the wagon in about 20 seconds. The riders galloping ahead of the wagon are long gone down the road.
No attack roll needed. Defenseless opponents and it's not like he had any chance to anticipate your act.
The man howls in pain and clutches his bleeding socket as he slumps to the ground. The men around him are clearly rattled -- The screaming blood-thirsty Kurgan running through the gate probably enhancing their terror. One of the men breaks, "We were hired by a Hyperborean who calls himself Dunamir, I don't know the name of his master, but we've been tasked with ferrying goods from here and other places to a hold-fast in the forest. The man who presumably leads Dunamir does not speak directly to us, but I've seen his face once or twice; he is slightly built and cowls himself in a hooded robe at all times without sigil or mark. That's all we know. Please, for the love of the gods, we had no hand in the disappearance of the people here; they were gone when we got here. I assume they are the people held in the cowled man's great pens -- hundreds of them by my count. We can take you to them! Please have mercy!"

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom