Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Completed [Play-by-Post] Magic World/BRP: "In Search of the Sorcerer"

As Amon runs by he yells out.

"Mab, Ogres, follow me!"

nikolokolus

Arcane
Urash collects himself and jumps to the relative safety of the dock and pulls himself up where he falls heavily forward somewhat winded and his fingers blistered.

Everyone looks down into the water where the vague serpentine monstrosity, at least 20 meters long, coils itself around what's left of the boat and pulverizes it in its leathery green coils. The boat vanishes beneath the roiling waters and as quickly as it begun, an unearthly calm settles over the surface; there is no sign of the wolf-headed eel-like thing.

As you all stare into the waters dumbstruck, Amon comes running up, leading Mab and the 4 brutes entrusted to him, shouting and brandishing weapons, but it's a little anticlimactic; there's nothing left to skewer or smash.

Curiously a large salmon jumps out of the water and lands on the dock . . .

Grimgravy

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire
Rhenmyr secures Oona in his makeshift harness then grabs the fish.

"Any of you know how to de-fish someone? Or how to keep one alive on land? When we get somewhere 'safe' I'll want to know where diplomacy failed."

nikolokolus

Arcane
Moggle audibly smacks his lips at the sight of the great flopping fish, then screws up his face at Rhenmyr's words, "What!? Oh right . . . Your red-haired friend. Hmmmm, tricky. Faerie glamours of the elder folk aren't little things. First things first, let's get a barrel and fill it with water. You there lunk." He points at one of the ogres, "Fetch me a barrel of water. Lively now. Chop, chop!"

In short order the ogre fetches a large barrel of water and Moggle scoops up Márcan and dumps him inside.

Grimgravy

Arcane
Patron
"At least he wont drown on dry land. I suggest we be on our way before more trouble finds us. Any suggestions as to destination?"

Rhenmyr offers Urash a hand up.

nikolokolus

Arcane
Oona who has been completely disoriented and out of it since you found her is seated on the ground clutching her head and groaning, "Where in the? . . ." She looks up and sees you all standing around and quickly fights at the rope harness and springs to her feet, furious and a little confused and puts up her fists defiantly, "Ya cannae trick me again with yer faerie tricks. Touch me again an' I'll belt yer fookin teeth ootae yer skull . . . Besides, ya got all the details wrong; yer illusions doon e'en look liike 'em."

Grimgravy

Arcane
Patron
"Well, this should make getting you home easier. I didn't relish the idea of carrying you the whole way. Not that you're heavy, of course, but it's damn far. And I want to keep my teeth. We've lost enough coming to pull you out of here. On that note, do you know how to de-fish someone?"

nikolokolus

Arcane
Oona listens intently to Urash and Rhenmyr with her brows furrowed, Oona's Idea roll (75%) roll [1d100] = 37% and when you finish, she tentatively lowers her fists, "You two aren't nearly glib, nor charming enough to be that gods-be-damned monster who brought me here. And what's all this rot about 'fish;' sounds like riddling nonsense?"

L'ennui

Magister
"Uhm... Well, actually, the fish is a comrade of ours. He wasn't always a fish, I know this sounds ridiculous. Must have been a spell from the Lady. We're hoping to turn him back into his normal, human form. Somehow."

nikolokolus

Arcane
"Uhm... Well, actually, the fish is a comrade of ours. He wasn't always a fish, I know this sounds ridiculous. Must have been a spell from the Lady. We're hoping to turn him back into his normal, human form. Somehow."
"Who? That dirty Pict wayfarer?" (she doesn't see Mab standing behind her, who coughs) ". . . Oh . . . Who then?"

Amon, a bit out of breath stops to catch his breath.

"The lady...she has Borric under her control. I don't think we can mount an effective rescue without losing most of the rest of us to her magics. She, she is the most beautiful and most frightening thing I have ever gazed upon. I felt as if I would not be able to leave her presence, but I was able to snap out of whatever she was trying to do and run."

Amon looks over at the fish in the bucket.

"Marcán was turned into a fish? That, well I'm not sure if that is better than being a slave to the lady, or worse. "

Amon looks at Oona.

"So, you are Oona. It is a pleasure to finally meet you. With all of the trials and tribulations we have endured in this strange land, I was beginning to wonder if we were ever going to find you? As we have now found you, I believe I will suspend my search for the book of Al-Hakim. Our lives are in great danger as long as we continue to reside here."

nikolokolus

Arcane
Oona looks down at the wriggling fish in the barrel and a look of despair crosses her face, "Oh . . ." She absentmindedly reaches for the barrel before pulling her hand back.

"I wonder . . . " She turns and reaches up under her shift and spends a few seconds hunched over and fidgeting and then turns back around. "That goblin who abducted me made a big deal about this . . . So when he was 'taking liberties with me' I stole it and 'hid it.' Do you think it's important? I ask because I think he used it somehow to turn Uvan into a vole . . . then he ate him."

She holds up a ruby-red crystal pendant, minus a gold chain about the size of a fingertip. It seems to almost glow with an inner light.

"Could you fix Marc with this?" (Her use of a nickname isn't lost on anybody).

Last edited:

nikolokolus

Arcane
Urash concentrates for a few moments and when he opens his eyes they glow with a faint luminescence. The fish radiates a very strong magic that is at least double his Power. The nature of his ensorcellment apears to be some kind of hex that is bound to its lifeforce. The pendant likewise radiates a very strong enchantment that is also at least double Urash's Power, As near as you can tell the pendant serves as both a repository of magical energy, and has other unknown matrices laid within its depths.

nikolokolus

Arcane
Solon's eyes go very wide at the sight of the pendant and he instinctively reaches for it, "The Tear?!" he grabs hold of Oona and shakes her roughly and peppers her with questions, "Where did you get this thing? This was stolen from me!"

Oona sneers at the fat old man and strikes him in the groin with her knee. Solon is stunned and hunches over in agony, "Touch me again pig without my permission, and I'll cut them off!"

Last edited:

Grimgravy

Arcane
Patron
"Of course you didn't steal that from Solon. It looks nothing like ladies undergarments. Watch out for that one, Oona."

nikolokolus

Arcane
FYI, Siveon Marcán ain't dead yet . . . L'ennui make an Idea roll

With the sinking of the boat and the excitement over, the varied inhabitants of Dreg quickly disperse and leave the lot of you to your own devices.

You are free to do and go what/where you will.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom