Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Completed [Play-by-Post] Magic World/BRP: "In Search of the Sorcerer"

ERYFKRAD

Barbarian
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Take over men, I have no idea how to NPC.

nikolokolus

Arcane
Amon looks directly at the lady and feels an almost overwhelming urge to bend his knee and worship the most beautiful thing he has ever seen. However, something in the back of your mind screams at you to run and you snap out of it. The Lady is looking at you with a slightly puzzled expression and smiles faintly. Right about the time you are recovering your senses you notice the hulking Kurgan's shoulders slump and his guard relex before he rounds on you and whips out his hammer; he's about 10m away. Borric starts to charge at Amon.
We're either in a chase or a fight. Amon's call.

Last edited:

nikolokolus

Arcane
ERYFKRAD I'm really sorry about Borric, he made a heroic sacrifice keeping everyone safe. At this point I don't know if it's possible for him to be recovered; it all depends on how things play out. On another note, if you'd like to keep playing I can let you have Moggle, or you could play Mab (since I think Wayward Son is done), or if you want to play an Ogre character that might be a possibility . . . In any case, I think we're nearing the natural conclusion of the campaign in some ways; it just depends on how things play out here on the wall, and cliff, and the boat, etc.

Last edited:

ERYFKRAD

Barbarian
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
ERYFKRAD I'm really sorry about Borric, he made a heroic sacrifice keeping everyone safe. At this point I don't know if it's possible for him to be recovered; it all depends on how things play out. On another note, if you'd like to keep playing I can let you have Moggle, or you could play Mab (since I think Wayward Son is done), or if you want to play an Ogre character that might be a possibility . . . In any case, I think we're nearing the natural conclusion of the campaign in some ways and depends on how things play out here on the wall, and cliff, and the boat, etc.
Choice and consequence. Coulda run but didn't. Seeing as we're near done, I'm content to spectate and commentate.

nikolokolus

Arcane
Llywelyn ap Gruffydd check off Amon's INT box; he's eligible for improvement because he had less than a 50% chance of success to resist (in point of fact it was INT 19 vs. APP 25, so exactly 20% chance of success)

Amon, after seeing the angry charging Borric, activates his cloak blinking from sight.

Is the front gate open? Can I walk and get down from the wall by stairs? If so, he walks to the front gate and atempts to leave. The 15 minute timer on the cloak starts now.

Move quietly:
[1d100] = 46 vs 68 = Success.

nikolokolus

Arcane
Marcan was the last one to get on the rope right, can he still peek back over the ledge?
Are you sure you want to climb back up and peek? You certainly can.

Amon, after seeing the angry charging Borric, activates his cloak blinking from sight.

Is the front gate open? Can I walk and get down from the wall by stairs? If so, he walks to the front gate and atempts to leave. The 15 minute timer on the cloak starts now.

Move quietly:
the corner bartizan-tower appears to have a spiral staircase. It's about 30 meters away.
Borric's opposed listen roll (50%) roll [1d100] = 23%
Amon slips away and Borric seems to stop in his tracks confused by the sudden disappearance of the threat to his mistress. Amon walks briskly away and pads silently down the stairs. Amon hears a clear, sweet voice shout, "Through the gates; he is shrouded by the veil. Release the cwn annwn."

Siveon

Bot
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Okay, next question, how much did Marcán hear of the roof stuff? I assume none?

Marcan was the last one to get on the rope right, can he still peek back over the ledge?
Are you sure you want to climb back up and peek? You certainly can.

Move quietly:
the corner bartizan-tower appears to have a spiral staircase. It's about 30 meters away.
Borric's opposed listen roll (50%) roll [1d100] = 23%
Amon slips away and Borric seems to stop in his tracks confused by the sudden disappearance of the threat to his mistress. Amon walks briskly away and pads silently down the stairs. Amon hears a clear, sweet voice shout, "Through the gates; he is shrouded by the veil. Release the cwn annwn."

Since Amon can't run while invisible, I hope those puppies are ready for this!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2urNVmKnEaQ

nikolokolus

Arcane
Marcán pokes his head over the parapet and shouts at Borric, and also manages to avert his gaze from "The Lady." For his trouble Borric wheels around from farther down the curtain wall and doubles back rushing toward Marcán with his great maul held high over his head. Marcán realizes that Borric is rushing at him with deadly intent
Borric swings at Marcán who is behind cover (94%/2=47%) roll [1d100] = 38%Success!
Despite the cover provided by the parapet Marcán discovers that he's vulnerable to the hulking Kurgan
Siveon cannot parry because he's got his hands full holding on to the rope. He can make a Dodge, but is limited by his Climb skill (49%)
Elsewhere . . .

Amon gets beyond the gate and makes sure he doesn't lift both feet off of the ground at the same time, so he is never technically running.
Damn! GM foiled again! ;)
About 30 seconds after passing the gate, a baying sound echoes across the top of the island floating in a sea of clouds; the sound chills Amon to the bone and makes him go a little wobbly in the legs. With the cloud bank less than 100 feet below, he wonders if it might be OK to pick up both feet and say "fuck it!" and run as fast as he can?

Meanwhile . . .

Rhenmyr secures Oona in the bow, Moggle slides down the last 30 feet of rope and lands softly in the stern, Solon moves faster than anyone has ever seen him move (but gravity seems to be assisting), and after about a minute or so. Everyone but Amon, Borric and Marcán are safely aboard. With the thick bank of fog shrouding the island and obscuring any vision overhead there's no telling what's going on up there and what could be holding them up. Moggle peers nervously over the side of the boat into the black water sluggishly moving past. "We shouldn't tarry! There's rumors about The Lady and a guardian that protects her isle; a beast called 'Old Chook' who dwells in the deeps."

Grimgravy

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire
"Were they right behind you, Urash? Can friend bird see what is going on up there? Can you hear anything, Moggle?"

Rhenmyr strains his ears looking up in frustration.

You can roll a listen for me if needed.

nikolokolus

Arcane
Rhenmyr listens (56%) roll [1d100] = 2% and an Idea roll to figure out what the hell it means (65%) roll [1d100] = 19%
Rhenmyr strains his ears looking up and he get's the strangest sensation. He hears the faintest baying of a hound, but it sounds as if were carried across a great distance or is muted some way, you suspect the unnatural fog shrouding the island has something to do with it. More troubling, you sense a vibration in the planks of the boat. You press your ear to the wood and you hear some kind of "call" being carried through the medium of the water. It's low, sonorous and guttural and freaks you the hell out.

Grimgravy

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire
"Shit! You hear that? Moggle's right we need to be moving already. How far behind you were they!?"

Once Amon clears the gate, he starts to run.

How far is the Amazon boat from here? Also, just because it's been a while, isn't that little village we visited on the island and nearby?

nikolokolus

Arcane
Dodge Check (87) vs [1d100] = 93

oof times

Would I know that's the lady behind?
You saw a figure to your left, but only out of the corner of your eye. More pressing is the fact that Borric just hit you with his maul . . .
Marcán can't get down quickly enough and Borric smashes Marcán [1d10+3] = 3+3 = 6 plus [1d4] = 3 inflicting 9 damage (make an armor roll, and make a CONx3 roll to see if you can hold on to the rope . . .)
Once Amon clears the gate, he starts to run.

How far is the Amazon boat from here? Also, just because it's been a while, isn't that little village we visited on the island and nearby?
The dock where the barge is located is going to take you about 3 rounds to get to in a full sprint if you run down the switchback trail. The village of Dreg is actually across a narrow channel about 150' from the edge of one dock to the other. The shore-to-shore distance is closer to 200'
"Shit! You hear that? Moggle's right we need to be moving already. How far behind you were they!?"
Urash was the last one to get on the boat. He saw Marcán pause in his descent and climb back up, but no words were exchanged and the shroud of the fog quickly enveloped him.

L'ennui

Magister
"They were right behind me! Or so I thought, anyway..."

Urash beckons his little bird and utters a brief incantation.

Casting Bird Vision:
[1d100] = 74 vs 92

Urash then launches the bird into the air, upwards into the fog.

nikolokolus

Arcane
Marcán gets the hell smashed out of his shoulder and the pain threatens to knock him off of the rope. Fortunately he hangs on for dear life and slides down the rope to the narrow ledge at the base of the wall. Borric leans over the wall and starts to climb down when he suddenly stopps and looks up when called by a feminine voice, "Stop. Leave him and come here my love."

Urash sends his rook skyward and sees nothing but white for a few dozen seconds. The clouds dissipate and through the bird's eyes he sees Borric leaning over the wall with his maul and Marcán appears as though he is just beginning his descent to the boat below. There is no sign of Amon, but the compound wall is alive with other activity. The woman that you saw previously is standing impassively about 20 m away from Borric and several of the large nude warrior-women in her thrall are sprinting toward the gate. Behind them, two very large, heavily-muscled, bone-white wolf-hounds, with blood-red ears and eyes surge out of the front door held back a leash, tethered to a handler; a large man with an antlered helm that obscures his face. He is stripped to the waist and appears to be wearing fur leggings.

Siveon

Bot
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Lel at work give me a minute for this

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom