Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Completed [Play-by-Post] Magic World/BRP: "In Search of the Sorcerer"

Grimgravy

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire
"Upstairs and though a few rooms. Then over the wall and down. We can set a few fires to discourage being followed."

Last edited:
"Well, if we are not going to chase the other ladies, then maybe we take the fat woman with us? We have Solon who has proven himself to be a fine addition to our group of travelers, even if we did get off to a rocky start. Amon looks over to Solon. "The fire was fantastic by the way." Amon looks back over at the lady. Maybe she can do the same? Or if not she just comes with us anyway and we keep her from causing trouble."

Grimgravy

Arcane
Patron
"Take the woman or not. But let's not tarry. That bell means no good for us." Rhenmyr heads back upstairs.

Last edited:

Grimgravy

Arcane
Patron
"Amon has 'things' to bind and gag Marcán's prize if need be."

Rhenmyr leads the way to the postern.

"Out the door and along wall a bit there is a rope to the boat. I'll see about a fire."

Candle, fireplace, carpet, underthing Amon didn't loot. A fire should be easy to produce?

"Agreed, silence her and Marcán's prize can be lowered to the boat. The worst case scenario is we have to drop her into the water first, and then into the boat. It's quite a ways down if I do say."

Amon turns his attention to Moggle.

"Moggle, maybe we can quickly grab a few things upstairs before we go? We could check out the other rooms before our friends get the fire started."

Siveon

Bot
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Don't mind me, I'm just kind of expecting an answer. Unless restraining also meant gagging. Which would've been an oversight on my part.

Grimgravy

Arcane
Patron

nikolokolus

Arcane
Str vs Str [1d100] = 16

"Would you now call off the guards, the bells, and whatever else lie await outside of this building?"

The Madame curses and scowls, "There's naught I'll do to save you, kill me if you must, but my girls have done for ya; the lot of ye are at The Lady's mercy now. If ye somehow escape her wrath and ye get back ta yer schemin' Prince and his lickspittles, tell him The Lady's seen his prison -- his eternal doom. Yea though he try to summon Balor one-eye himself, Danu denies him passage and her geas is upon him." She punctuates her last sentence with a wad of spit and starts to cackle a little maniacally.

Siveon

Bot
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
"Hold yer tongue! We are in no way allied with that kidnapper. Balor? Danu? We've only come here, to this world, for one thing and one thing only: the red haired girl Oona. She is a... a dear friend of ours, and now apparently her entire mind has been sucked away by the likes of this Prince. Or his lackey. Our plan was to simply steal her away, but I thought the Lady could help us. My mistake. If you excuse me, I have to flee for my life." Marcán responds in a lash of similar anger toward the madame.

If not interrupted Marcán binds the hag to a nearby chair with spare rope and leaves back into the main room after the others.

Honestly getting a lot of needed info from this fuck-up, I'd say net positive so far if nobody dies.

Grimgravy

Arcane
Patron
I can't seem to get the pic to load, it's in my drive folder. Rhenmyr wants to check the door marked A and do a quick search.
Search(47): [1d100] = 75
If nothing interesting turns up, he closes the door and moves the sofa to the hall and uses clothes/firewood etc to set it alight after everyone is out. He closes the door behind him and shoves the bed up against the door.
Repeat process for door B. Search(47): [1d100] = 43
He prepares to shove the desk/chair in front of B and set them alight as well once everyone is out.

nikolokolus

Arcane
4hRsbYB.png

Rhenmyr pokes his head in the door and quickly scans the room and deduces that both doors lead into this room. Without taking any real time to to toss the place or really look around, all you can tell is that the room is more "lived in" than the other room across the hall. There is an empty spear rack and shield peg along one wall, and the room doesn't have the musky scents present in the other room
Searching can take a bit of time, at least 1 minute/5 rounds per search interval. You failed your first roll which means you would spend about a minute looking and not really find anything, if you want to take the time for the second search I'll allow it, but just rember that's 10 rounds, or you can abort it.

nikolokolus

Arcane
Moving couches and creating barricades are going to take about 5 rounds. Everyone who is participating in that activity cannot search. Everyone hauling furniture and creating barricades, needs to make an effort roll; levels of success determine if the job goes more quickly or more slowly.

Solon starts casting a spell and indicates that starting a fire won't be an issue.

Grimgravy

Arcane
Patron
With only one room behind the doors, ignore the second search roll. I only intended a quick perusal for valuables, nothing thorough. Just one barricade/fire in the hall looks good enough.
Effort(90): [1d100] = 98 spent too much time looking around to be much help it seems.

Amon, after determining there is nothing of value in the upstairs room, will go back down and check the door where the "ladies" went down and see if it is secure.

nikolokolus

Arcane
I mostly wanted to know the other room part. How bad is it?
I'm probably missing something obvious, but I'm not sure what you're asking. You bound and gagged the madame downstairs, you're now upstairs. What other room do you want to know about?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom