Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Completed [Play-by-Post] Magic World/BRP: "In Search of the Sorcerer"

nikolokolus

Arcane
Amazon Dodges to gain separation to use her spear (70%) roll [1d100] = 67%
The large woman wheels around and darts away from Amon, holding her spear in one thewy arm (Amon and/or Moggle will need to successfully dodge to get inside of her guard unless somebody has a long weapon).
Amazon stabs at Amon with her spear(55%) roll [1d100] = 5%, damage [1d8+1] = 2+1 = 3 + [1d4] = 2Special!
special damage [1d8+1] = 4+1 = 5 Total = 10 damage (Llywelyn ap Gruffydd roll to parry or dodge, armor defends as normal).

Moggle tries to slip past the woman's pointy stick
Moggle dodges to get past the amazon's guard (90%) roll [1d100] = 80%Success!
Moggle stabs with his small sword (85%) roll [1d100] = 39% damage [1d6+1] = 2+1 = 3 minus [1d4] = 4
Amazon attempts to dodge(70%) vs. Moggle: roll [1d100] = 61%Success.
She sidesteps his sword thrust, but is now unable to use her spear against Moggle unless she re-establishes reach next round.

nikolokolus

Arcane
Amon's shortsword suffers a nasty nick in the blade trying to parry (subtract 2 points from its hit points).

nikolokolus

Arcane
(Updated Round 1)
ROUND 1:

Strike Ranks
INT Ranks

Urash 21
Amon 19
Marcán 15
Solon 14

DEX Ranks
Rhenmyr 18
Amon 16
Amazon 16
Moggle 15

Borric 14
Madame 11
Marcán 9
Urash 9
Solon 9

Eunuchs 9

Marcán chases after the madame, but can't totally close the distance before she opens the door and hustles herself and the girls into a large sitting room.
Borric still has his actions/moves and the Eunuchs go last.

nikolokolus

Arcane
qeuQIbq.png

Grimgravy

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire
Una? Not Oona? You grabbed the wrong red haired Pict woman. Right phonetics wrong spelling!

:negative:

nikolokolus

Arcane
Una? Not Oona? You grabbed the wrong red haired Pict woman. Right phonetics wrong spelling!

:negative:
lol. Funny how the mind twists details over time.

If I'm being honest I fucked it up to begin with; Una is the correct Celtic spelling. Maybe the trip across the veil scramble her vowels?

nikolokolus

Arcane
That's a special, you get a free riposte/counterattack, roll brawl again.
Rhemyr listens for foes on the second floor and hearing nothing moves to aid Amon.

Listen (48): [1d100] = 49

Serpent Spear(79): [1d100] = 28
What's the damage on my spear? I have 1d6+1 on my sheet, but you've been rolling 1d8 for others. Translation issues from DnD to Magic World?
damage is 1d6+1 . . . As for why I messed that up in my head? I dunno, probably got it crossed up with some other game, or weapon in the rules; either way it works out to the same average. As in all such cases, pay no attention to the man behind the curtain.

nikolokolus

Arcane
ROUND 2:

Strike Ranks
INT Ranks

Urash 21
Amon 19
Marcán 15
Solon 14

DEX Ranks
Rhenmyr 18
Amon 16
Amazon 16
Moggle 15

Borric 14
Madame 11
Marcán 9

Urash 9
Solon 9
Eunuchs 9

Last edited:

Siveon

Bot
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Marcán goes for the very dramatic hostage situation.

What is that, a grapple check? Or is she still booking it?

Siveon

Bot
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
I'll probably be home from work in 5 hours, I'll see it then (I didn't save that stat in Unseen)

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom