Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Completed Play-by-Post: In Search of the Sorcerer

nikolokolus

Arcane
The Pict listens to Borric in only a half-distracted manner, purses his lips angrily, and shakes his head before looking away.

Grimgravy

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire
"You have been cooperative. Perhaps Brule will allow you to choose the manner of your death. How many of your afflicted brethren are unaccounted for?"

nikolokolus

Arcane
The man looks at Rhenmyr flatly, "'Brethren?' Only Uvan and Rashid that I know of. As for death, I choose quickly. I grow weary of talk."

Last edited:

Siveon

Bot
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
"Indeed, I believe this man told us everything he knows, and now we shall let his former people decide what to do with him. We've a traitor to find."

nikolokolus

Arcane
With the interrogation over, the three men are dragged into the center of the greathall and two more ropes are thrown over the beam in the ceiling. The villagers and Brule make no ceremony of the grim business -- their guilt is assured and their fates are sealed. The men kick their feet reflexively as they are hoisted into the air and the lights go out in their eyes one-by-one.

Ymae totters back up the hill and arrives just after the last man has expired. She huffs a bit, "Oh dear?" she exclaims. "Brule! You dolt, had questions for those three! Blast your haste."

Brule recoils a little abashed, "They were questioned and they spoke their piece. The one called Rashid, Uvan's lap-dog, was here the other night and Syelle sent him back out into the wilds." He points at Rhenmyr, "Maybe you should be talking with that one? He said he received visions when we were in the fens . . . my niece and brother." He finishes, letting his words hang in the air.

Ymae waves her hands and shakes her head, "No! Not that! One of them might have known the changelings true name, I could have used that precious bit of information to figure out how it overcame Syelle and where it came from. There hasn't been a changeling in the highlands for two generations."

Meanwhile, Cormac and Urash carefully inspect the door to Syelle Ru's personal chambers on the third floor and ponder how it might be breached. Urash senses no magic about it, so it is unlikely to be warded or glyphed . . . at least from the outside.

Grimgravy

Arcane
Patron
"Maybe there are clues in Ru's room. If not, we'll have to pull the information Ymae seeks from Uvan or rashid. I'll be happy to recount the visions for the good lady after we complete the search." Rhenmyr joins Cormac and Urash.

"Rhenmyr, Urash and I have been trying to figure out how to open this door. We have hadn o luck so far. Why don't you take a look? I know the old crone blasted the main doors down, but I don't trust her enough to ask for help. We might all end up with a deal we don't want to make."

ERYFKRAD

Barbarian
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
"Ha, few are the doors that stand stout against a Crowbar." Says Borric, drawing his crowbar from his pack.

L'ennui

Magister
Back from hunting trip. No moose this year.

"Be our guest!"

Urash motions the barbarian over to the door. Tellingly, he also takes several steps back and winces nervously as Borric approaches the door.

Grimgravy

Arcane
Patron
"Is there, perhaps, a window?" Rhenmyr gets ready for any surprises Borric may unleash.

nikolokolus

Arcane
Borric tries to wedge his prybar into the door jamb, and discovers that there is no give, in fact you doubt you could fit a fingernail between it.

L'ennui

Magister
"Hmm... perhaps a window would be of use, indeed."

Urash heads outside to check if there are windows that seem like they might lead to the room beyond the uncooperative door.

nikolokolus

Arcane
The great-hall is windowless, although on the gabled ends there are shuttered portals that are battened down.

The structure is roofed with dense thatch that steeply slopes from the pitch of its roof 30' high almost down to the ground. The door to Syelle's room appears to be made of thick oak with bronze strap-hinges; it is un-reinforced by all appearances.

nikolokolus

Arcane
While Borric fumbles around with the prybar, Rhenmyr glances down at the mighty maul propped up against the door frame and raises an eyebrow.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom