Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Completed Play-by-Post: In Search of the Sorcerer

nikolokolus

Arcane
While Mab and Marcán begin interrogating the prisoners, Urash and Cormac cautiously ascend the stairs. You check several rooms and determine that they are all rooms belonging to Talorc's family, including the chieftains bed-chamber. At the end of a long hallway, there is one last door unchecked and it is firmly shut. Pulling on it reveals that it is locked.

nikolokolus

Arcane
Ker feebly tries to stand and fails. A couple of the villagers rush forward and help him to his feet.

Knowing that he is with Brule, they lead you to Fidach's vacant hostelry and help you inside. One of the men give orders to a raven-haired girl to fetch hot water and blankets. Ker is stripped down, cleaned-up and put into fresh bedclothes. Ker's eyes droop shut and the first good sleep in a warm bed in days overcomes him.

nikolokolus

Arcane
The door appears normal in all respects. Although, it would appear that highly complex devices like keys and locks are beyond the Picts' level of mechanical expertise. The door is simply held fast when you lean against it or push on it.

Last edited:

nikolokolus

Arcane
With the switch to Magic World imminent, I'm waffling on whether or not to switch magic systems at this time. I sort of think it would be good time, given that we've reached a natural break in the action, and thematically it might be helpful for you all to see the magic system employed by an NPC like Ymae.

Then again I think just about everybody is out of spells at this point so it might be a moot point.

Any thoughts?

Grimgravy

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire
In view of the captives, Rhenmyr begins to harvest teeth and claws from the changeling corpse. "This could be you, if you don't get helpful. Of course, you're not dead, so it would be more unpleasant. And I would be inclined to keep you alive afterward. You'd have to rely of the kindness of others. Given the mess in here, kindness for you may be in short supply."

L'ennui

Magister
I'm off to hunt for the weekend, maybe I'll have internet access once or twice in the next few days, but probably not. Keep Urash alive! :P Also I think now's as good a time as any to switch over to Magic World.

nikolokolus

Arcane
The three men look on as Rhenmyr completes his grisly task. Their expressions are difficult to read, but one of the "men" clearly looks shaken. He speaks in a voice thick with fear, "What do you want from us? We know we're damned." The other two look forward stoically and avoid making eye-contact with their suddenly loquacious companion.

Siveon

Bot
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Marcán, speaks slowly and calmly. "Tell us everything you know. We have good reason to believe you've kidnapped at least one of the village people, where are you keeping them? Do you know what Syrelle Ru keeps in his quarters? If you cooperate we may spare what miserable life you and your compatriots have left."

nikolokolus

Arcane
The man barks out a short, disbelieving laugh, and mumbles something to himself, inaudibly. He turns his face and looks at Marcán with flat, dead eyes, "Kelt, what do you think I can say that will stay his hand?" He inclines his head to the brooding figure of Brule. "Besides, what makes you think Syelle Ru took counsel from us? Even Talorc bowed his neck to him."

He sighs, "What does it matter? The gods will curse my soul to wander Underworld for eternity. Nothing can stop that now. All I can tell you is this, I don't know anything about a kidnapping and I have no idea what is in Syelle Ru's personal chambers. But maybe if you find that cursed Acadian slave of Uvan's you'll get the answers you seek? He snuck in here the other night and held long palaver with Syelle and Talorc before Syelle dismissed him and he skulked out of the greathall like the bootlicking cur he is." He spits on the ground in disgust.

nikolokolus

Arcane
The man seems slightly confused, "Came from? He was born here. As to how he changed us. It's no mystery, he bit us while we slept, and when I awoke the next day it was like my blood was on fire. The next night of the full moon is when the change came. I don't remember what happened after, but when I awoke I was out on the moors and Syelle Ru, Talorc and Uvan were looking down at me, with grim smiles. I think the first man in the village he claimed was probably Uvan, then he got Talorc, and then one-by-one he got all of us. It almost feels like a dream now, like it was somebody else who did . . . all of those things . . ."

His face takes on a far-off quality. "Shortly after the changes came over me, that's when the wolf started attacking the village. Syelle was terrified of it. That's why he started the lottery -- some way to appease the thing while he searched for some spell to banish it or destroy it." He falls silent, as if he isn't sure what else to say and he looks off in the distance with a thousand yard stare. "My own wife, I? . . ."

Wayward Son

Fails to keep valuable team members alive
Mab's glare softens at the last two words. Tears glisten in his eyes as he looks down. He backs off a little and says, "I-I understand. I'm sorry for your wife. I hope you understand that you cannot go without judgement for these acts, though..."

ERYFKRAD

Barbarian
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Borric hears the man speak of Syelle Ru, "And yet it took but a handful of us outlanders to deal with the wolf. Had ye had better counsel, it would not have come to this."

nikolokolus

Arcane
The man smiles ruefully, "Ye think we Picts are weak? What makes ye so certain we had a choice once under Syelle's compulsion barbarian?" He inclines his head toward Brule, looking sad and wistful, "I've ken't that man since we were in breech-clouts. We hunted together many a time and killed our fair share o' foe-men, and he's maybe the bravest man I e'er known. He even 'killed' the wolf once, only to have it reform the very next night and kill a whole family in their sleep." His voice cracks a bit, "Now? He's gintae put a noose aroon my neck and haul me to the rafters and I thank him fer it."

Cormac says to Urash, "Ymae broke the main doors down to the building. I would ask for help if I didn't fear what dastardly deal she would force us to make! My cousin has already sold his soul to Ymae in the dark pact he allowed himself to be talked into. Can you think of a way to break this door down? I wonder if Borric could force the door?"

ERYFKRAD

Barbarian
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Borric shakes his head ruefully, "I call not your courage into question, Pict, only the circumstances that bid you play lackey to this abomination."

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom