Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Vapourware Play-by-post: Anomalous Subsurface Environment (DCC RPG)

Dyrak looks into the kennel.

Helly

Translating for brofists
Patron
Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.
Celestin collects the beads on the floor.
DkbygYV.png
: Ohhh they're cute. I wonder what they're used for...

nikolokolus

Arcane
Dyrak pokes his head into one of the kennels and flopping around clumsily on the heaped up straw is a wolf pup; probably no more than a couple of months old. It yaps at you, lower its head and gives a low growl.

nikolokolus

Arcane
The wolf pup cocks its head to the side and sniffs warily. A second or two later it cautiously waddles over and snatches the treat from your fingers and greedily gulps it down. It yaps at you again.

Dyrak pulls another piece of food out, and motions for the pup to come closer. When he does he will slowly move his other hand to pet the pup.

Helly

Translating for brofists
Patron
Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.
Conrad searches the beastmaster's place, moving the straw pallet and looking for any kind of valuable, key or anything.
GMwcqO7.png
: Found anything?

5MtGljP.png
: I'm searching, gimme some time

AMgq0zT.png
: That's too big a cleaver to hide, damn

nikolokolus

Arcane
Searching the rest of the room turns up very little, and nothing of particular value . . . unless half-eaten corpses and bones are your thing.

Dyrak picks the wolf pup up and puts it in his waterproof bag. Then rolls it down so the little guy can see and attaches it to his waist for a tactical puppy pouch.

Corin-"Damnit Dyrak, you already have terrible fleas, why make it worse by bringing that mongrel with you?"

Dyrak shrugs and scratches his side.

Last edited:

Grimgravy

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire
"Seems we need to find a way past the pit to the other side. There must be a way if they hauled a wagon or heavy loot in here." Baroda says.

nikolokolus

Arcane
You each spend about ten minutes searching the walls for anything that might conceivably function as a switch. Nothing presents itself.

(a note about the pit: there is a two-feet wide ledge that skirts the actual trapdoor in the floor on the north and west side of the pit, so it is possible to hug the wall and walk around it safely)

Grimgravy

Arcane
Patron
(a note about the pit: there is a two-feet wide ledge that skirts the actual trapdoor in the floor on the north and west side of the pit, so it is possible to hug the wall and walk around it safely)
a narrow 2 feet-wide ledge can be traversed around it on the left

Dang it. Let's just assume it was Kraft the retarded cheese maker that was checking for ways around the pit.

"Alright Kraft, you didn't mention the other ledge, you go first." says Meycar.

nikolokolus

Arcane
a narrow 2 feet-wide ledge can be traversed around it on the left

Dang it. Let's just assume it was Kraft the retarded cheese maker that was checking for ways around the pit.

"Alright Kraft, you didn't mention the other ledge, you go first." says Meycar.
Dammit! I meant your other left.

nikolokolus

Arcane
QTxUTYU.png

Your torches cast dim light into the passage north of the pit, revealing an unlit chamber littered with refuse and three sleeping pallets. On these pallets are three Moktars. It seems unlikely they could have slept through all of the racket earlier, but they do not stir as you creep up to the threshold of the room and peek around the corner.

On the western wall is a sealed doorway of some kind of polished metal. It doesn't appear to have any handles.

Grimgravy

Arcane
Patron
Kraft being none too bright or cautious slams his cudgel into the nearest Moktar's head.

nikolokolus

Arcane
*Whack!*

The cudgel makes a sickening crunching sound and the Moktar is either one hell of a sleeper or it's been dead for some amount of time. To Kraft's relief the other Moktars don't stir.

Upon closer examination, you can see large bald patches in each of the moktar's fur and when you turn them over their faces look withered and drawn.

Grimgravy

Arcane
Patron
The surprised cheese-maker remarks, "Huh! Dem already dead!" Meycar joins Kraft in searching the bodies. Baroda scans the room while Harrah keeps watch.

Corin-"This is an interesting turn of events. I wonder who or what did this to these three?"

Dyak examines the bodies to see if he can discern any useful information from them.

Helly

Translating for brofists
Patron
Are those bald patches in a specific location?
5MtGljP.png
: Maybe we could eat them like dried meat?
Conrad starts cutting the closest Moktar, checking for blood and meat consistency.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom