Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Vapourware Play-by-post: Anomalous Subsurface Environment (DCC RPG)

Grimgravy

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire
I'm afraid I'll have to bow out of this, things are hectic and I can't even find the time to read the rules. I'd rather not slow you guys down and be a stress on the GM. Feel free to massacre my merry crew! nikolokolus when my free time goes back to normal I'll PM you to see if I can rejoin the game.

Doh! Sorry to see you see you go. I hope you can continue in the other game. We're going to be eaten by a wolf! Fun times ahead!

nikolokolus

Arcane
I'm afraid I'll have to bow out of this, things are hectic and I can't even find the time to read the rules. I'd rather not slow you guys down and be a stress on the GM. Feel free to massacre my merry crew! nikolokolus when my free time goes back to normal I'll PM you to see if I can rejoin the game.
Not a problem at all. If/when you want to rejoin you're free to do so. The campaign is designed to be drop-in/drop-out. Your characters are yours to pick up and play by the way.

Burt, Bart, Vigo and Stinky Pete stand outside and somewhat down the hill from the cave entrance. With the scream of Tindrli fresh in the their minds and now the growls, yowls, and scrabbling of claws echoing off the corridor walls, they turn to each other wide-eyed and share a knowing nod. "Fuck this!" They all mutter in unison and they bravely and quietly move into a patch of dense underbrush. Phil and Lenny are so rapt with the chaos erupting in front of them that they fail to notice the quartet's ignominious departure.

nikolokolus

Arcane
As Team Ramrod makes their hasty preparations, Horace takes one look at his massive book on The Ecology and Mating Patterns of the Gundergap Ceratops and wisely decides that the best place for it is a dark hole in the ground. You casually pitch the book on to the floor where Tindrli disappeared and chasm snaps open once more . . . and not a moment too soon. Two large-boned, emaciated wolves round the left-hand passage bearing down on Tally, Renard and Horace.

Wolf Reflex Saves [1d20+2] = 4+2 = 6, [1d20+2] = 17+2 = 19

Fortunately, one of the wolves completely slips as it tries to leap over the open floor and it plummets into the dark depths, making a thud and a splash. The sound of a ratcheting gear begins again and the floor starts to close back up. The other wolf clears the gap in a single bound and leaps at Renard, teeth fully bared.
Wolf attack vs. Renard [1d20+2] = 2+2 = 4 vs. AC:10 damage [1d4] = 1
Fortunately for Renard the wolf gets a mouthful of thin-air for its trouble.

Everyone else do as you will. Just understand that presently the because of the narrowness of the corridor, only Horace and Renard are currently able to make melee attacks -- unless somebody has a reach weapon like a spear, or wants to take a chance on using missile weapons.

Grimgravy

Arcane
Patron
"Watch my goose." Harrah moves up to support the combatants with his pitchfork.
Let me know if I can attack or if moving is all my farmer can do.

The Cheesemaker and butcher stand in front a bemused apprentice wizard holding a goose.

Helly

Translating for brofists
Patron
Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.
The PPP bravely guards the rear with Myron writing in his diary and Prodigius hurling insults at the beasts.
we should try to recruit somebody new!

ERYFKRAD

Barbarian
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
The fourric crew takes position behind the rest, capable of doing naught but watching the backs of their acquaintances.

To keep things moving I'm having Horace attack. If the textbook throw was his attack, just ignore it. 8m also on my phone so it's doing something weird with the text after Horaces's attack roll. *UPDATE* Delted Horaces's wild Skillcraft pen attack.

Renard spins his sling and looses a steel ball bearing at the wolf.
Renard's sling attack [1d20-1] = 9-1 = 8 Damage =[1d4] = 3

Corin yells-"Get 'em boys! Don't let that mangy mongrel give you a disease!"

Dyrak waits with his club, ready to smash anything that breaks through Horace and Renard. -"Rarrrrrrr, growl grrr rarrr!"

Last edited:

nikolokolus

Arcane
"Watch my goose." Harrah moves up to support the combatants with his pitchfork.
Let me know if I can attack or if moving is all my farmer can do.
A pitchfork counts as a spear, so go ahead and move up and attack if you like

nikolokolus

Arcane
The pitchfork bites into the wolf's shank and draws forth a gout of blood, but the wolf still seems plenty eager for a fight.

nikolokolus

Arcane
tindrli your remaining characters can still act (if you wish). The second round begins after.
i dont know what to do... seems that my team is freezed on entrance due to a death of member

The corridor is indeed jammed with bodies. Passing or holding an action is a perfectly valid response, and if you want to risk it you can fire a missle weapon (improvised or otherwise -- bear in mind you might hit a friendly (50% chance if you miss, then reroll)).

nikolokolus

Arcane
The wolf continues to harrass Renard and lunges at his leg.
Wolf's attack vs. Renard [1d20+2] = 3+2 = 5, damage [1d4] = 2
But Renard is able to swat the wolf back.

In the gloomy tunnel Renard and Horace look up as a large leonine face peeks around the left-hand corner. A second later the mok hurls a javelin at Renard.
Moktar attack vs Renard [1d20+2] = 10+2 = 12 damage [1d6+1] = 6+1 = 7
The javelin flies true and pierces Renard through the heart with such force that about 2 feet of the business end pokes through his chest. The Moktar howls with laughter and leaps across the part of the floor where the trapdoor is.

Last edited:

Grimgravy

Arcane
Patron
At seeing Renard spitted, Radish farmer Harrah cries out: "Bloody Hell!"

Can Dyrak pull the javelin out of Renard and hurl it back at the Mok? He held his action.

Last edited:

nikolokolus

Arcane
Dyrak's plan is well considerd, but poorly executed. The javelin ricochets against the wall.

roll your 50% chance to hit a comrade, and if true roll to-hit.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom