Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Vapourware Play-by-post: Anomalous Subsurface Environment (DCC RPG)

Helly

Translating for brofists
Patron
Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.
Prodigius and Conrad look around the entrance for anything out of the ordinary.
If the group has to move in a line, they will go thus way from first to last: Pete Conrad Prodigius Myron

nikolokolus

Arcane
Phil and Lenny excitedly motion everybody to come down the hill a bit with the business end of their revolvers. Lenny pipes up, "Look friends, this is your big moment to prove to Harvinius just how much you want this job. Clearly the best option is for you rabbl . . . erm . . . fellows to rush in there and take the moks unaware. Have no fear, we've got your backs covered. We'll take up a position just outside the passage and make sure that none of 'em make a break for it."

Corin-"Just run in? That sounds like a recipe for diaster. We need to know what we are up against."

Renard-"I think we should try to figure out how many we may face, it's hard to get paid when you are dead."

Order for movement is Corin, Horace, Renard and Dyrak.

nikolokolus

Arcane
Lenny rolls his eyes at Corin and Renard, "Where's your courage men? Look at your comrades Tindrli and his associates." Phil claps Tindrli on the shoulder, "That's the fighting spirit we're looking for. Go with Science! brothers."

nikolokolus

Arcane
Lenny rolls his eyes at Corin and Renard, "Where's your courage men? Look at your comrades Tindrli and his associates." Phil claps Tindrli on the shoulder, "That's the fighting spirit we're looking for. Go with Science! brothers."

tindrli are you going in first?

Corin-"Good luck in there Tindrili! Scream if you need anything."

Dyrak-"Ha ha ha ha!"

Renard-"Dyrak, that wasn't really that funny."

Horace-"Yes, we should go in and check. For science!"

tindrli

Arcane

Grimgravy

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire
The apprentice mutters under his breath, "Maybe we should be charging the science goons." Then to his group, "Ugh. Get ready to follow them in."

Renard-"Maybe we can scavenge from the dead if we follow them! Not too close of course."

Horace-"We should go now! We don't want to mis out!" Horace goes rushing after the first group.

Corin-"Damnit, we can't let the kid go on by himself."

Dyrak shakes his head at the idiot Horace, shrugs his shoulders and follows.

Helly

Translating for brofists
Patron
Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.
The Prodigius Premium Platoon™ follows everybody through the entrance.
5MtGljP.png
: The what?
GMwcqO7.png
: Catchy, right?
AMgq0zT.png
: More like Pathetically Pretentious Pansy
GMwcqO7.png
: Shut up and get in front

Last edited:

nikolokolus

Arcane
Phil cups his hand to the side of his mouth and shouts encouragement as Tindrli and crew storm the entrance. "Bully for you! Good show!"

The narrow five-feet wide passage is dim and poorly illuminated by streaks of dappled sunlight that filter into the first 10 feet of the corridor, beyond is not quite pitch-black, but your eyes have difficulty making out much detail except for a 'T' in the passage. Undaunted the intrepid foursome charge ahead heedless of danger -- probably eager to prove their manhood, or perhaps motivated by the promise of Harvinius' good favor?

In any event, maybe it's just not Tindrli's lucky day? He finds himself at the head of his charging cohort and after about 15 feet into the corridor he plants his foot on the smooth liqui-stone ® floor and hears a distinctive *snick* and *click* noise. Not a second later he feels the floor give way beneath his feet.

Y6z1jY2.png

tindrli I need you to roll a reflex save (1d20+2) for Serif "Tindrli" Konjavec

nikolokolus

Arcane
Tindrli's eyes go wide as the floor gives out beneath him. He yelps in surprise and leaps for the edge as the floor gives way, but it's not enough. He plunges into the darkness
Tindrli's falling damage [1d6] = 2
and lands heavily and awkwardly, making a wet *thud* sound. The sound of ratcheting gears fills the hall and the floor begins close back up.

From deeper within the complex a heavy panting and snarling sound echoes off the smooth hard walls, followed shortly thereafter by the sound of clawed feet running.

Everyone roll initiative (Once per player not per character). Roll 1d20 and modify the roll with whichever of your characters has the highest Agility.

First encounter initiative [1d20+2] = 13+2 = 15

nikolokolus

Arcane
Hey Grimgravy I just realized I didn't get a chance to transcribe your character sheet, and the image link is broken. If possible, could you re-upload the photo?

nikolokolus

Arcane
ERYFKRAD's Initiative roll: [1d20+1] = 6+1 = 7

L'ennui's initiative roll [1d20+1] = 14+1 = 15

Order of actions:
Llywelyn ap Gruffydd's Team Ramrod
"Monster(s)" and L'ennui's hearty horde (Tied. Movements and actions happen simultaneously)
Helly's PPP
Grimgravy's gutsy gang
ERYFKRAD's four "Borric's"
tindrli's temerarious troupe

(Remember, initiative is rolled at the start of the encounter, not each round).

Llywelyn ap Gruffydd You're first. (You get a move and an "action" -- Moktars move at 40' per round FYI)

Renard-"Horace, follow me. Lets see if we can bypass that trap." Renard readies his sling and stands by Horace.

Horace-"Sure! My studies might help find a way around that trap up ahead. Oh wait, let me throw my text book on it to see if it triggers!" Horace tosses his text book onto the floor where the pit was.

Corin-"I'll stand back here with the big dummy. Here, light my lantern."

Dyrak-"Rarrr!" Dyrak lights Corin's lamp with his flint and steel. Then waits by the butcher with his club.

L'ennui

Magister
I'm afraid I'll have to bow out of this, things are hectic and I can't even find the time to read the rules. I'd rather not slow you guys down and be a stress on the GM. Feel free to massacre my merry crew! nikolokolus when my free time goes back to normal I'll PM you to see if I can rejoin the game.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom