Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Vapourware Play-by-post: Anomalous Subsurface Environment (DCC RPG)

nikolokolus

Arcane
Three of the Moktars hurl spears and the other three stand in front crouching with their spears set in front of them in a defensive posture ready to strike at the first person who dares charge them.

Moktar hurled spears: [1d20+] = 13, [1d20+1] = 19+1 = 20, [1d20+1] = 7+1 = 8

Moktar hurled spears: damage [1d6] = 6, [1d6] = 6

Targets: (Everybody roll a luck check for your surviving characters (1d20, roll under to succeed). If everybody somehow miraculously passes their luck check then the highest roll(s) will be susceptible to the thrown spears -- at which point I'll roll to figure out who gets the business end from the one sure hit and the second likely hit.

nikolokolus

Arcane
What was the result of Dyrak's attack?

Oops! Sorry, I missed that. That's a hit and a kill
Dyrak's attack vs a melee Mok or a spear-chucking Mok [1d2] = 2 1=melee, 2=missile
and you hit one of the spear chuckers and killed it
roll to see which spear-chucking Mok was killed [1d3] = 3
You hit the Moktar who rolled the '8' ... which maybe explains why his spear fell short ;)

Meycar is standing in the middle of the doorway like an idiot as he pushed the button. My other three were supposed to be out of the way expecting the button to be some sort of trap. I guess it sorta was.

A spear could always sail through the open doorway, but since Meycar is the only one who failed his roll it might work out like it "should" :D
And that's all wiped out. :lol:

Nah. Nothing that horrendous

Helly's crew
Helly's crew Celestin [1d20] = 20 vs 12, Prodigius [1d20] = 19 vs 9, Conrad [1d20] = 20 vs 10, Pete [1d20] = 11 vs 14

Potential targets for the two spears
1=Meycar
2=Celestin
3=Prodigius
4=Conrad
5=Jebac
6=Borric the Guard
7=Borric the Alchemist
8=Borric the Gunsmith
9=Borric the Barber

spear target(s) [1d9] = 8, [1d9] = 1

Meycar and Borric the Gunsmith are horrificly impaled by spears and slump forward dead as disco.

Grimgravy

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire

nikolokolus

Arcane
Tally doesn't stab herself, but she misses wildly

Vrac on the other hand rushes forward and clubs one of the weakened Moktars and brains it, Jebac is right behind him and manages to wound another Moktar who is holding the line.

The two remaining Moktars retaliate with their set spears and the dying Moktar gets in one stab with his spear before he collapses.

Three moktars with set spears [1d20+1] = 7+1 = 8, [1d20+1] = 11+1 = 12, [1d20+1] = 16+1 = 17

Two of the mangy man-beasts strike true

moktar spear damage [1d8+1] = 4+1 = 5, [1d8+1] = 7+1 = 8

targets 1=Tally, 2=Vrac, 3=Jebac [1d3] = 3, [1d3] = 3

The two moktars simultaneously skewer Jebac and lift him high in the air before casting his lifeless body causally aside.

Helly

Translating for brofists
Patron
Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.
Helly Celestin rolled a crit! roll a d20 (add or subtract your luck modifier if positive or negative) and Mighty Pete hits with his grappling hook. Make an opposed strength roll to see if you can pull him off his feet (d20 +/- STR modifier)

Moktar's Strength check: Moktar's Strength check [1d20+1] = 11+1 = 12
Pete did not use a grappling hook but tried to grapple the closest foe to strangle it with his wrist chain. I can use the dex modifier for grapples, right? If so then it's 13 against 12 so it worked out :shittydog:
Celestin's crit: [1d4] = 1

Last edited:

nikolokolus

Arcane
Helly Celestin rolled a crit! roll a d20 (add or subtract your luck modifier if positive or negative) and Mighty Pete hits with his grappling hook. Make an opposed strength roll to see if you can pull him off his feet (d20 +/- STR modifier)

Pete did not use a grappling hook but tried to grapple the closest foe to strangle it with his wrist chain. I can use the dex modifier for grapples, right? If so then it's 13 against 12 so it worked out :shittydog:
Celestin's crit: [1d20] = 6
Ah, my bad. I read that wrong. Yes indeed Pete grapples the Moktar and holds him in place.

Also I'm a fucking idiot. You roll your crit die not a d20, so it's a d4 modified by luck at 0-level.

Derp!

Helly

Translating for brofists
Patron
Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.

Ah, my bad. I read that wrong. Yes indeed Pete grapples the Moktar and holds him in place.

Also I'm a fucking idiot. You roll your crit die not a d20, so it's a d4 modified by luck at 0-level.

Derp!
Oh yeah, I forgot about that too! I've updated my previous post with the new roll :)

nikolokolus

Arcane

Derp!
Oh yeah, I forgot about that too! I've updated my previous post with the new roll :)
add 1d3 of damage. In this particular instance it's irrelevant. You killed the creature with your normal damage roll.

Another Moktar falls when Celestin winds up his mighty hoe of hoeing and slams its skull. Meanwhile Mighty Pete lives up to his nickname and puts one of the Moktars in half-nelson.

Last edited:

nikolokolus

Arcane
Vrac springs forward and bashes the wounded Moktar about the head. It topples forward, dead or unconscious.

ROUND 2

nikolokolus

Arcane
There are are three Moktars left. Each of them are unwounded, but they seem very weak for some reason.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom