Tacticular Cancer: We'll have your balls

1. Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.
    Dismiss Notice

Planetside 2

Discussion in 'MMO(RP)G / Online Discussion' started by Oriebam, Apr 27, 2012.

1. Leechmonger Learned

Leechmonger
    Parrots:
    Click here and disable ads!
    Is it as banal shit boring as it was three years ago?

• Agree Agree x 1
    ^ Top  
  2. GuiltyofBeingTrite Learned

GuiltyofBeingTrite
    Parrots:
    Last time I played deployable walls and shit were just implemented, anything else major since then?

^ Top  
  3. Make America Great Again Blaine Cis-Het Oppressor

Blaine
    Parrots:
    Fanboy faggots always say a game isn't pay-to-win.

But the question is, are career players' vehicles and character loadouts filled with weapons and equipment you can only get with certs? It's not actually a "sidegrade" if (by way of a generic example) a lightly-armored enemy has 100 health, and the newbie sniper rifle deals 95 damage but has slightly lower recoil and a larger mag, whereas the cert rifle deals 100 damage but has slightly more recoil and a smaller mag. The rifle that can one-shot light enemies is clearly better.

When I tried out Planetside 2 years ago, it was waaaaay worse than that. Cert weapons (and the shit you could upgrade with certs) were absurdly more powerful than default shit. In a purely PvP game, that's absolutely unacceptable to me.

^ Top  
  4. thesheeep Arcane

thesheeep
    Parrots:
    Since someone here seems to play that game...

Do any of you guys know a way around the restriction of just one player per network?
    I tried to play this with my GF some time ago, but only one of us could connect. As soon as the other one tried, it would show some error message that in the end lead to us thinking that just one person per network can connect (which is just bullshit design, no other game I know would have that restriction).

^ Top  
  5. Make America Great Again Blaine Cis-Het Oppressor

Blaine
    Parrots:
    ^ Top  
  6. Haba Harbinger of Decline Patron

Haba
    Parrots:
    Codex 2012 MCA Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
    Still permabanned from the game, can't even access their support website.

Still no idea why, kappa.

^ Top  
  7. thesheeep Arcane

thesheeep
    Parrots:
    Yeah, that thread is full of half wisdoms and people guessing around wildly. We checked UPNP of course, but it just didn't matter.
    We can play every single other game together, so the problem is definitely within PS2's net code and/or security.

^ Top  
  8. Make America Great Again Blaine Cis-Het Oppressor

Blaine
    Parrots:
    You probably got hacked.

Not being glib, it happened to me one time with a shit game a few years back after I hadn't logged in for a while due to it being shit.

^ Top  

(buying stuff via the above buttons helps us pay the hosting bills, thanks!)