Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Planetside 2

Froglok

Educated
ps1 is terrible

It was a more fun and more complete game than Planetside 2 is to date, and that was just in playing Reserves for a while. I'll gladly take a more finished product with a metagame that's actually in place over a game that's been in public beta for a year and a half and clearly still hasn't figured out what actually makes games like this interesting.
wrong

Pretty much all of your opinions on video games are shit

Kane

I have many names
Patron
Vatnik
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
ps1 is terrible

It was a more fun and more complete game than Planetside 2 is to date, and that was just in playing Reserves for a while. I'll gladly take a more finished product with a metagame that's actually in place over a game that's been in public beta for a year and a half and clearly still hasn't figured out what actually makes games like this interesting.
wrong

Pretty much all of your opinions on video games are shit

maybe but theyre still infinity better than any of yours
cause youre a casual

Space Satan

Arcane
Vatnik
So they added construction, resources and a kind of Harvester to the game. Servers once dead are swarming with returnees but soon this hype proably will die out.

Blaine

Cis-Het Oppressor
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy
How many Trumpbux do I have to pay in order to updank my certs so I can 360 noscope skrubs?

Blaine

Cis-Het Oppressor
Patron
Fanboy faggots always say a game isn't pay-to-win.

But the question is, are career players' vehicles and character loadouts filled with weapons and equipment you can only get with certs? It's not actually a "sidegrade" if (by way of a generic example) a lightly-armored enemy has 100 health, and the newbie sniper rifle deals 95 damage but has slightly lower recoil and a larger mag, whereas the cert rifle deals 100 damage but has slightly more recoil and a smaller mag. The rifle that can one-shot light enemies is clearly better.

When I tried out Planetside 2 years ago, it was waaaaay worse than that. Cert weapons (and the shit you could upgrade with certs) were absurdly more powerful than default shit. In a purely PvP game, that's absolutely unacceptable to me.

thesheeep

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Since someone here seems to play that game...

Do any of you guys know a way around the restriction of just one player per network?
I tried to play this with my GF some time ago, but only one of us could connect. As soon as the other one tried, it would show some error message that in the end lead to us thinking that just one person per network can connect (which is just bullshit design, no other game I know would have that restriction).

thesheeep

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth

Blaine

Cis-Het Oppressor
Patron
Still permabanned from the game, can't even access their support website.

Still no idea why, kappa.

You probably got hacked.

Not being glib, it happened to me one time with a shit game a few years back after I hadn't logged in for a while due to it being shit.

Self-Ejected

unfairlight

Self-Ejected
:necro:

Devs are working on a brand new continent out of PS1 and some major performance boost. Think the new faction specific carbines are coming out too relatively soon, faction specific SMGs and LMGs were already added a while ago. NC got a 200 damage SMG.

Self-Ejected

unfairlight

Self-Ejected
Does anyone here even play Planetside 2 anymore? I can't quit this game no matter what for some reason. I keep coming back after each time I quit.

Hevnknekt

Educated
I quit PS2 around 4 years ago and have been hoping for a decent successor ever since. Wish the PS2 formula was more popular, or that PS2 hadn't wasted so much of its potential.

Have been tempted to return many times, but barely decided against it. The same goes for World of Tanks.

It's still active, but has been declining for a long time.

Self-Ejected

unfairlight

Self-Ejected
I used to play it pretty often. But that was like 3 or 4 years ago. Is it at all active anymore?
Active but declining, the massive 100v100 fights still happen and the game has a pretty loyal playerbase. Devs are still working on it though, and I think they are planning on marketing it more once the new continent hits. At the moment of writing the game has 2.3k players on Steam, but it is also available without Steam which probably adds a thousand or so players on top, maybe more maybe less. I'd say the game is in a pretty good state at the moment and despite some bad changes by DBG they have also done a lot of good.

If you aren't sure I'd just suggest trying it, it's free after all.
I play on the Emerald (US East) server as New Conglomerate, IGN is ForFreedomAndBurger. Don't get too turned off by not being a 1337 killer pro and not even being able to get a 1.0 KDR. That's where almost every new player is. Also, don't think that the game is P2W because veterans are using unlockable weapons to kill you. Often the stock weapons are the best in the game, the stock New Conglomerate carbine and light machine gun are among the best in the game and every single weapon that is not a reskin is unlockable by grinding it out, but don't spend too much on guns either since investing into your skills, vehicles, utility items like C4 and repair tool or healing gun are way more worthwhile. The devs have softened the grind by changing the alerts system, where if your faction wins you can get a pretty good chunk of change.

Hevnknekt

Educated
Incidentally, this ought to be an NC Vanguard skin. :M

maxresdefault.jpg

Self-Ejected

unfairlight

Self-Ejected
There's a gold trim available for the Vanguard. Along with a golden looking camo.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom