Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Planetside 2

XenomorphII

Prophet
So, this new alert thing... how does it work and what is its purpose exactly? Those tasks are pretty ridiculous for prime time...

The factions have 2 hours to conquer the continent the alert triggers for. If your faction wins everybody in it gets a boatload of xp. If nobody wins everybody gets a portion of the xp equal to their control of the continent. Supposedly.

Though I was in an alert last night, and it ended with the NC having a slight advantage in territory control and I don't think I received any/very much xp for our ~30%ish control, though I may just not have noticed it. The idea isn't bad, but it needs work and oh god is the update buggy to. Last night on Matterson (or whatever it is) there was an uncapable Rashnu Bio, and the light show that happens when a major base changes hands was firing all over the smaller bases, leaving great red balls floating around them while you were there.

ohWOW

Sucking on dicks and being proud of it
Dumbfuck Queued
People still play this turd?

Bradylama

Arcane
This game is really really fun when two things occur:

a) The servers are full
b) People actually work together both on the squad and platoon and region scale

Sadly none of this ever happens

1. Make a character on Mattherson.
2. Join TR.
3. Follow The Enclave.

It must be really fun staring at a big red ass while Shitlord Actual sucks up all your certs.

As for the Alerts, I hope you payed for Premium Status, because there's not a chance in Hell that once the Alert hits you're ever getting into that continent. Don't worry though, because you get XP for being online anyways.

Bradylama

Arcane
SOE shat the bed and their Cert Refund ended up giving a bunch of people hundreds of thousands of certs.
http://imgur.com/a/N0Ks0

So far there is no indication that they will roll it back. That is thousands of dollars worth of digital weapons that they just gave away.

1. They made non-faction-specific weapons (Annihilator, Anti-Vehicle Turret, etc) usable for all your characters; you didn't have to buy them for each one.
2. They set up a test server to test the lattice system, new weapons, base designs, etc. Characters on the test server start out with 10k certs to play around with.
3. They put out a patch to give refunds to people who bought non-faction-specific weapons on multiple characters (bundles are also involved somehow with this?)
4. Wires got crossed, and people got refunds for weapons they purchased on the test server. Refunds which were applied to every character they have.

EDIT: I just checked and I now have a combined 10,000 certs across all 3 of my characters. :troll:

If you bought a weapon before buying it again in a bundle, or on a different character you probably won the cert lottery.

Some people got NOTHING

DakaSha

Arcane
How am i the only one playing this.

also lattice system is awesome.

Are there any NC bros on matherson ?

XenomorphII

Prophet

You aren't. I just haven't had much time for it the last few months (since late March or so). I'm a TR on matherson (I think, I was soltech, then was moved), a VC on Helios (or is it genedine?), and have not made an NC char yet.

I guess my point is, I will see you on the battlefield at some point.

DakaSha

Arcane

You aren't. I just haven't had much time for it the last few months (since late March or so). I'm a TR on matherson (I think, I was soltech, then was moved), a VC on Helios (or is it genedine?), and have not made an NC char yet.

I guess my point is, I will see you on the battlefield at some point.

Your VC is now on connery :smug:

I have an alt vanu on connery but i really only play my NC on matherson

XenomorphII

Prophet
Yeah, I'm kinda the same way. I've played my VC once or twice (he usually gets played by my bro or nephew) with most of my time going towards my TR guy.

Haba

Harbinger of Decline
Patron
Codex 2012 MCA Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
SOE was kind enough to help me stop playing by banning my account :lol:

To this day I have no idea why, maybe because I killed some idiot Infiltrator five times in a row while he has cloaked (protip: keeping running in the same direction does not help...)

Just a highly informative email saying that I've been banned for "Exploiting".

The email tells me that I can try to contact their service if I feel that this was in error.

Too bad that they also IP banned me, so I can't actually access any SOE website to log a ticket. And if I do with another IP, that IP will be IP banned as well as soon as I log into their system with the suspended account...

:troll:

You gotta hand it to SOE, this is some high class trolling. Frankly I am glad that they did this, I had been spending way too much time in that grindhouse.

Though I wonder what my lawyer would have to say about their practices...

DakaSha

Arcane
Your lawyer will laugh in your face because their terms of service state that they can do as they please?

SOE is SHIT. Incredible SHIT. Ive gotten pissed os many times about the shit they have done.

But i love this game :(

Anyways Haba are you in croatia? they banned a bunch of croatian accounts using prosieben as a provider

DakaSha

Arcane
And yes it sucks because ive played on it and it generally is much better. Fucking kwans ruin everything

if it weren't for Americans* you wouldn't have a damn computer. it's no wonder American* servers are #1

Oh look a brainwashed, nationalist fuckhead.

And Alan Turing was a brit. A gay brit. You uneducated moron

edit: *

KidBoogie

Learned
And yes it sucks because ive played on it and it generally is much better. Fucking kwans ruin everything

if it weren't for Americans* you wouldn't have a damn computer. it's no wonder American* servers are #1

Oh look a brainwashed, nationalist fuckhead.

And Alan Turing was a brit. A gay brit. You uneducated moron

edit: *

uneducated? at least i know how to spell popular nationalities. Why? because i went to a good american school, you stupid bitch

DakaSha

Arcane
The hilarity here lies in the fact that I'm a full blooded american who went to grade school in america ,and that lives in america now. Well and that you decided to ignore the little tidbit about the father of computing being a brit as it made you look like the uneducated prick you are, and instead tried to deflect by pointing out the spelling of a meme. Not to mention your immense butthurt about me mentioning how Americans ruin everything. Go cry about it to your 'patriot' father or whoever taught you that screaming AMERICA FUCK YEAH somehow makes you cooler than the gullible sheep that you are.

Why am I even commenting on this. Sigh.. time to increase that ignore list count. Someday I'll be the new SCO

KidBoogie

Learned
The hilarity here lies in the fact that I'm a full blooded american who went to grade school in america ,and that lives in america now. Well and that you decided to ignore the little tidbit about the father of computing being a brit as it made you look like the uneducated prick you are, and instead tried to deflect by pointing out the spelling of a meme. Not to mention your immense butthurt about me mentioning how Americans ruin everything. Go cry about it to your 'patriot' father or whoever taught you that screaming AMERICA FUCK YEAH somehow makes you cooler than the gullible sheep that you are.

Why am I even commenting on this. Sigh.. time to increase that ignore list count. Someday I'll be the new SCO
y o u r e g a y

YOU'RE GAY

SuicideBunny

(ノ ゜Д゜)ノ ︵ ┻━┻
Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Torment: Tides of Numenera

KidBoogie

Learned
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Charles_Babbage#Analytical_Engine
now shut the fuck up lest my urge to retardo this thread overwhelms my laziness.

daaaam u got me lul pwn3d pls dunt rettardo this thred rox

BuzzCutPsycho

Novice
I would avoid getting into PlanetSide 2 unless you're playing with an organized outfit. Solo play isn't very good and the game has a long way to go until it resembles it's predecessor.

Despite that it's not a "pay-to-win" model that most F2P games seem to be so I wouldn't worry about that. My only gripes are poor gun play, lack of "end game" such as a continent lock and cross continental conquest and a general lack of PlanetSide 1.

DakaSha

Arcane
Good. Less internet sheeple in the game

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom