Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Planet Coaster - a new theme park sim from Frontier

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014

Simulation: Evolved.

We today revealed Planet Coaster for PC, and opened pre-order sales.

Planet Coaster will be the new destination for everyone who cares about creative gaming, coaster parks and involving management sims.

Planet Coaster will offer the best-ever ways to express your creativity, total freedom to make your park unique, sophisticated park management gameplay, expressive and charming crowds, and a new connected global village where players can share their creations with the Planet Coaster community.

SITE-WALLPAPERS-PARK.jpg

Frontier has a unique background in Tycoon and coaster park games, and is responsible for the award-winning Elite: Dangerous space sim. Ongoing development on Elite: Dangerous continues in parallel with Planet Coaster.

"Tycoon games and coaster park simulations in particular are as much part of Frontier’s DNA as space games,"

Frontier Chief Creative Officer Jonny Watts said.

"Planet Coaster brings our sky-high production values and cutting-edge tech to bear on the Tycoon genre we so love, and we are looking forward to engaging with another passionate community of players as we develop Planet Coaster."

Planet Coaster will be available in 2016 for PC, developed and published by Frontier Developments.

SITE-WALLPAPERS-ARCHES.jpg

Coaster park fans can join Frontier in the revolution now. See the Planet Coaster trailer, pre-order, get early access and become part of the game at PlanetCoaster.com.

Coming in 2016. They're doing Kickstarter-like pre-order campaign.

Looks like there's no micro-transaction

taxalot

I'm a spicy fellow.
Patron
Codex 2013 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
If they have Oculus Rift support maybe we can all pretend and escape to a fun park from our daily boring lives.

I am counting on you, David.

sexbad?

Arcane
Patron
Codex USB, 2014
Everything tells me that it's going to be fun, but the music tells me to check out this cool new way I can turn a stove on using Wi-Fi in San Francisco.

Got bored and left

I'm playing the beta, it's pretty fun. I managed to create a coaster that would destroy people's internal organs without even trying to do that, on my first attempt to make one, gg :salute:

Dawkinsfan69

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck Bethestard
I can't wait for more "online only" butthurt. Call me when Paradox does it.

You want Paradox to develop a team park tycoon game?

That sounds like the most depressing and boring game ever.

LOL thousands of spreadsheets, negotiating the price for steel beams for rollercoaster tracks, can't turn the track that way because engineers don't know how to mold the track.

Sort through job applications. Wait 20 rounds to construct a food stand, FDA shuts down your park because employee served raw chicken etc...

Direwolf

Arcane
I can't wait for more "online only" butthurt. Call me when Paradox does it.

You want Paradox to develop a team park tycoon game?

That sounds like the most depressing and boring game ever.

LOL thousands of spreadsheets, negotiating the price for steel beams for rollercoaster tracks, can't turn the track that way because engineers don't know how to mold the track.

Sort through job applications. Wait 20 rounds to construct a food stand, FDA shuts down your park because employee served raw chicken etc...

That would be amazing.
I am currently trying to decide if I should pre-order this. I never pre-order things, but this might scratch the itch I had since RCT.

Mazisky

Magister
The graphic engine is absolutely impressive for this kind of games, just like Rtc3 one was at release. Those guys know their shit

Elim

Augur
Project: Eternity
Hollow like Cities: Skylines.
If you like to look at pretty parks and build stuff...buy it. If you like management and a little more depth and challenge then do not buy it. Refunded it today.

Last edited:

Dawkinsfan69

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck Bethestard
I'm sure someone will mod gore but that's like a 30 second thing that's fun to do maybe once? The game's not really about that but it might be a funny addition idk.

I caved and got this game tho. It feels SO MUCH different from RCT but in a good way. The more freedom with track design really allows for cool stuff but it's harder to create a nice smooth track. It'll take some getting used to but I think it'll be great in the long run.

Anyway do you guys know if there's a tool to remove a bunch of scenery without needing click on each individual item and then click the delete button? That's taking forever and I keep getting held up with my rollercoasters when there's a group of trees in the way or something.

Kev Inkline

Arcane
Patron
A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
I'm sure someone will mod gore but that's like a 30 second thing that's fun to do maybe once? The game's not really about that but it might be a funny addition idk.

Well, the gore is not an end in itself, but just to have none of that gives me flashbacks from Midtown Madness, where no one really got hurt, so that the ratings could be kept low enough. I think GTAV style damage modelling on humans would be just right for this game.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom