Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Planescape Torment walkthrough - no longer a virgin

Lord Azlan

Arcane
Patron
Shitposter
Find an angel

Last edited:

Maculo

Arcane
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Pathfinder: Wrath
So, I am about to leave Curst. But before we get to that point let's talk a bit about this game.

You play the Nameless One and spend a lot of time trying to figure out who you are and what you did in the past. The Who You Are bit can be dictated by you as you respond to people and the various quests. I suppose the choices you make and what YOU SAY influences your alignment and I REALLY HOPE that somehow manifests itself in the game. I am hoping it dictates where you end up. HOPING.

The What You Did bit is unravelled as you go along. Sometimes these little eggs of knowledge are well hidden or off the main story line. For example, having a good amount of patience and talking to everyone in the Smoldering Corpse Bar tells you:

a) that you served in the Blood War (via Black Abishais) "T'is truly a joy to see you again"

b) and then one of the Mercykillers thought I looked exactly like a centuries old evil criminal (funny that considering who I meet in Curst) "I thought I did, but those pictures are centuries out of date and the suspect'd be dead by now. Course these are the planes, and stranger things've happened. Still, if you're the feller I'am thinking of, it looks like you've served your sentence by means of pain."

Every now and again I bump into people that sort of recognise me. That knew me in my previous incarnations. I love all that and would consider just playing PST again just to plot all those out. I suspect you won't be able to see all these points because some will depend on your choices. But still, decent plan for another play through.

Actually, the Smoldering Corpse Bar turns out to be quite a key location in the game. Let's copy in the map that I posted on 4 September, it makes much more sense to me now.

It is easy to miss hints about the Nameless One scattered throughout the city. Pay attention to when people tell you stories of the past or "urban legends." In my opinion, Curst and the remaining parts of the game are the best, as everything comes full circle. I also found everything about the last 1/3 of the game to be a glorious "fuck yeah" moment.

Lord Azlan

Arcane
Patron
Shitposter
[QUOTE

It is easy to miss hints about the Nameless One scattered throughout the city. Pay attention to when people tell you stories of the past or "urban legends." In my opinion, Curst and the remaining parts of the game are the best, as everything comes full circle. I also found everything about the last 1/3 of the game to be a glorious "fuck yeah" moment.[/QUOTE]

To tell you the truth I found Curst quite disappointing compared to the rest of the game so far. It felt a bit rushed as if most players would never get there. There was a distinctive lack of memorable characters, even including those found below the ground.

I expected to read a lot about the town and how it battles to stop it self falling into Careci.

Having saying that, I don't know what I don't know so I am quite pleased to read that you think it even gets better.

Maculo

Arcane
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Pathfinder: Wrath
Curst definitely is rushed and the content begins to thin out, but I think the high moments of the game occurs in the last 1/3.

Haplo

Prophet
Patron
Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
To tell you the truth I found Curst quite disappointing compared to the rest of the game so far. It felt a bit rushed as if most players would never get there. There was a distinctive lack of memorable characters, even including those found below the ground.

I expected to read a lot about the town and how it battles to stop it self falling into Careci.

Having saying that, I don't know what I don't know so I am quite pleased to read that you think it even gets better.

I rather agree with this sentiment. That said, some nice surprises still await and, against the genre tradition, the closure is very good.

Lord Azlan

Arcane
Patron
Shitposter
I suppose every step I take will bring me closer to this thing - and maybe.. REVENGE?

Last edited:

Haplo

Prophet
Patron
So, finally you've learned the truth. Was wondering if you will discover this.

Lord Azlan

Arcane
Patron
Shitposter
So, finally you've learned the truth. Was wondering if you will discover this.

Yeah. It makes me want to let him die next time that happens in combat. There had been some hints before hand that each companion is somehow linked to my character - which is why the raise dead ability only works on them.

Still don't understand everything though. What was special about that sword and where is it now? I thought the sword could have been the Bronze Sphere that I found via Pharod but that isn't right.

"The man does not seem to be aware of it...but I know it is the weapon I have been searching for."

So where is that weapon?

Dakkon's fate seems very sad and I wonder in the end what happens. Does he ever go back to Limbo and save that city and his people or is he going to die on my mission.

Haplo

Prophet
Patron
Yeah, a unique Karach blade, made of pure chaos, shaped and tempered by the will of its wielder.

Haven't you noticed how it changes depending on Dakkon's state of mind and relation with TNO?
One of the greatest artifacts in computer gaming history.

Baardhaas

Cipher
Patron
Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here
Hah, I was wondering what took you so long, but you've finally figured out a few important things about your compagnions.

Still don't understand everything though. What was special about that sword and where is it now?
It is Dak'kon's blade, it is as powerful as the mind of its wielder but can only be wielded by a zerth. So one of your more practical incarnations figured that such a blade would come in handy and since he couldn't use it himself, a lifelong slave that wielded it for him was the next best thing.

What I do wonder though: Dak'kon is both saved but also further weakened by the circle of zerthimon, he is a mere shadow of the warrior he once was (implied since he was some sort of army captain at shra'kt'lor). Was that really the intention of your former self? What use is the karach blade in the hands of a zerth with a divided mind? It seems to me the previous incarnation did in fact give the circle to Dak'kon to regain focus but was unable to help (or unwilling, since helpfullness isn't his nature) him through the teachings as you did.

The blade becomes better as Dak'kon gains levels and has three different states depending on how you've treated him: Kinstealer (evil), Chained blade (neutral), Streaming blade (good). The evil version does more damage, the good version aids his mageskills and gives the best bonus to AC.

IIRC you can figure out that Dak'kon is your slave immediatly after recruiting him, figuring out Morte can only be done after Fall from Grace tells you about his Baatorian smell.

Lord Azlan

Arcane
Patron
Shitposter
Yeah, a unique Karach blade, made of pure chaos, shaped and tempered by the will of its wielder.

Haven't you noticed how it changes depending on Dakkon's state of mind and relation with TNO?

Ah. I thought all Githzerai blades were like that due to the way matter in Limbo is forged from the mental strength of its inhabitants. I have seen how his sword changes and 'levels up' but I can't see how great it has been in combat.

Will have a look at the current blade as soon as I get the chance.

Prime Junta

Ah. I thought all Githzerai blades were like that due to the way matter in Limbo is forged from the mental strength of its inhabitants. I have seen how his sword changes and 'levels up' but I can't see how great it has been in combat.

Will have a look at the current blade as soon as I get the chance.

Eh it's an okay weapon but nothing world-shattering. The usual explanation is what Baardhaas said above, it's not up to its full potential because Dak'kon is still of divided mind. I.e. Practical Incarnation kind of got hoisted on his own petard; he did get the slave and the blade but it turned out not to be quite what he had counted on.

Haplo

Prophet
Patron
But the lore, mechanics and how it's connected with the story make it a truely Epic blade. There are but a few such weapons in the history of gaming. Dak'kon's Zerth Blade, Witcher 1's Aerondinght... MAYBE Holy Avenger such as Carsomyr.

Prime Junta

But the lore, mechanics and how it's connected with the story make it a truely Epic blade. There are but a few such weapons in the history of gaming. Dak'kon's Zerth Blade, Witcher 1's Aerondinght... MAYBE Holy Avenger such as Carsomyr.

Tru dat, but its stats don't match the lore. Even at its most powerful it's just a competent weapon, not something that instakills demigods which is p much what the lore would lead you to expect.

Haplo

Prophet
Patron
Maybe so. I was satisfied. Maybe because I didn't except non-jpg cRPG to hand world-shattering weapons to player characters. Would kinda defeat the challenge.

I missed one epic weapon, although again, one that wasn't so great in practice - Silver Sword of Gith from NWN2 (with a come back in MotB).

Baardhaas

Cipher
Patron
Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here
Try installing on another machine and see if you can play past Fhjull. If you don't have another PC at hand, you could upload your save and I'll give it a try.

Lord Azlan

Arcane
Patron
Shitposter
New day

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom