Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Planescape Torment walkthrough - no longer a virgin

SCO

Arcane
In My Safe Space
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
You shouldn't be reading spoilers for this thread. Torment is a game that can be replayed, once, twice, trice etc. Reading spoilers is only making it less special.

Pallebahtep

Novice
I am now realising I need to replay this after 10 years... I haven't seen half of this stuff

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Neanderthal

Arcane
Yep. After goin through most o game as a scrapper I still paid attention to other two classes, an after reachin 18 as a Fighter I could switch to Magic User for last part o game an get to 18th lvl (an castin big arse spells) again wi use o Modron Cube an massive amiunt o XP you get for goin to Fortress of Regrets.
Lol, fair enough. But then you get to use them only once after the Bronze Sphere xp dump. Not that you get many opportunities to use Celestial Host otherwise... or Rune of Torment for that matter.

Nah you can use em way before meetin three incarnations, as I said when you go to Fortress, if not afore if you want to grind Hard Rubikon an new stuff in Undersigil.

opium fiend

Augur
A proper replay is long overdue

It seems that mod list has expanded a bit since last time I checked. There's now at least three fixpacks, two different restoration packs, UI mods etc. I don't want to bloat the game with crap, but I want to see the restored content this time, which mods are essential?

Prime Junta

This is a pretty good baseline answer: https://af.gog.com/news/mod_spotlight_planescape_torment_mods_guide?as=1649904300

Of these, the widescreen mod, Ghostdog's UI mod, and Ultimate Fixpack are if not essential at least extremely highly recommended. Unfinished Business and Tweakpack are optional. IMO the restored content has mostly curiosity value, it doesn't contribute all that much to the game (nor detract from it).

Last edited by a moderator:

Pallebahtep

Novice
Did I miss the final posting here? I'm really keen to read about your impressions of the end of the game

Lord Azlan

Arcane
Patron
Shitposter
Did I miss the final posting here? I'm really keen to read about your impressions of the end of the game

I stopped the write up before venturing into the Fortress as in there a lot of some questions are answered. And it seemed spoilerish.

I still have what I did and said in there on my phone as pictures so could still do that. At the moment I just wanted to stand back from the game as it was getting a bit intense. Amazing and intense, so I wanted to gain some perspective. I ain't no school kid with a crush.

So I suppose a final posting is due.

Thinking of doing a evil baddie run through to see if anything is different.

SionIV

Cipher
Patron
Planescape Torment is without doubt the best game that I've ever played, and nothing has come close to that experience with the exception of Arcanum.

Here is an answer to the question about why the nameless one chose to become immortal.

The Nameless One commited a horrible crime, something that he could not atone for in one life time. This is the reason he chose to become immortal, so that he had more time to make amends for his one sin.

Lord Azlan

Arcane
Patron
Shitposter
Lord Azlan
I'd really love to read the conclusion to this thread and your final thoughts on the game.

I had to have a break from the game as for a while as it was getting a bit overwhelming.

As an old timer it was getting a bit ridiculous that a new 'game that changed me' could appear at my age - especially one that is over 15 years old and had been lost under my bed or gathering dust by my window for more than a decade.

My last post was in December and it has been two months. I was hoping my opinion of the game would change in that time and reality would set in but it hasn't.

Hopefully complete the thread to conclusion in the next week.

Murk

Arcane
Read through the thread for most of my early day. Great thread and LP mang. Looking forward to your conclusory thoughts.

Lord Azlan

Arcane
Patron
Shitposter
Read through the thread for most of my early day. Great thread and LP mang. Looking forward to your conclusory thoughts.

Thanks. Thinking of doing Baldur's Gate next, otherwise I might never play it.

Pallebahtep

Novice

Fabulous to have this thread back. Thank you for taking the time to finish it, I've been looking forward to it. It's been about 10 years since my own playthrough, I was both too young and too dumb to get it back then.

Prime Junta

Looking forward to the write-up.

Kobolds. Fought them.

MORE kobolds. This time they had archers.

Delving deeper into the mines. Is there no end to these kobolds? And now some of them are shooting fire arrows.

Came across an emo elf. He lost his sword.

Found the big bad. And more kobolds. With skeletons.

(much later)

Delving into an ancient ruin. It also has kobolds.

Luckmann

Arcane
Zionist Agent

Looking forward to the write-up.

Kobolds. Fought them.

MORE kobolds. This time they had archers.

Delving deeper into the mines. Is there no end to these kobolds? And now some of them are shooting fire arrows.

Came across an emo elf. He lost his sword.

Found the big bad. And more kobolds. With skeletons.

(much later)

Delving into an ancient ruin. It also has kobolds.
Hey, that emo elf is my favourite elf. Also, kobolds are underrated.

Neanderthal

Arcane
Nice to see this bein completed. Gotta admit True Shadows were one o few enemies to gi me trouble in game, not really cos o base combat skill as one or two blows wi Celestial Fire'd sort em out sharpish, but cos o paralysation effect they could trigger. If I ant had a massive pool o hit points an fantastic regeneration i'd a been fucked.

Baardhaas

Cipher
Patron
Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here
Good you've picked your lets play up again. I was looking forward to your afterthoughts about this game and wanted to share some of my own after your conclusion.

Lord Azlan

Arcane
Patron
Shitposter
I need to calm down. Who knows what violence in this place will lead. I piss him off more by asking more questions. It looks like Baddie is about to explode. He has little patience at this point.

You built that tomb beneath Sigil, didn't you? The one with the traps?

Baddie: "I'd almost forgotten - yes, what a waste that was. Obviously, that didn't work. And it cost a lot of blood and coin, too."

It's at this point Ugly begins screaming like a mad man.

Ugly: "Worthless! It was EASY to breach that child's trap. I found it... and CHANGED it. To make it HARDER. Changed the WRITINGS"

30-Torment_2007-10-10_19-29-53-07.png

Baddie gives Ugly an evil look. I am surprised they haven't killed each other yet. Maybe Goodie had kept them apart so far.

Baddies gives Ugly a hiss..

Baddie: "Yet another thing you will answer for...Though I suppose it doesn't matter. It was shortly after the failure of the tomb trap that I decided to carry the battle to our killer rather than wait for him to show any longer."

I try to calm the situation down. If there is any violence, I need to be doing it.

Were you the one that pried Morte off the Pillar of Skulls?

Baddie: "Is Morte still alive? Ha! That piking skull couldn't be trusted farther than I could throw him - claiming he had information when he didn't, then I had to go through the torment of prying him off the Pillar of Skulls, then he feigned ignorance once he was off of it. I humored him, since he'd told me everything I needed from him."

Were you responsible for the tattoos on my back?

Baddie: "The directions? Of course I was responsible - I knew there was a chance I might fail here and lose my memories. I wanted future incarnations to benefit from some... guidance. So I had the directions stitched on my back, since such things - like journals...Tend to be lost so easily."

Blindspot_Jaimie-Alexander-as-Jane-Doe750x450.jpg

You are a stupid retard aren't you. Directions were bloody useless. You act all clever but deep down you obviously don't have a damn clue. I enjoyed saying that. Baddie's eyes bulge out of their sockets.

Baddie: "Are you a fool? The directions needed to be vague - I couldn't spell out exactly what was happening to us, so I left a signpost. What do you think would have happened if a Dustman had read them? Or someone even more barmy? How quickly do you think we would have been buried alive or cremated?"

Baddie is getting very impatient. He want to move on by absorbing me somehow. Or just killing me and eating some organs, brain.

Then one thought just came to me out of nowhere. Obvious actually. I might never get another chance. What about all this crap with Pharod. FIND PHAROD. DON'T SPEAK TO ANYONE. THAT BRONZE SPHERE.

Pharod didn't know crap.

Baddie: "Pharod? Oh, yes - the trash king with all the 'tough' bloods that thought I was easy prey...After only a little bloodletting, I struck a bargain with him - he would see to it that if his men found me, they would take me safely to the Mortuary - and, of course, I needed the eyes and hands of his men to scour the catacombs beneath Sigil for me."

For the Bronze Sphere? It's brown and ugly. Feels like an egg to the touch and smells of rotten custard.

Baddie: "Yes. I told Pharod it was the only thing that would save his miserable life... what a sniveling little dodger he was. You see, the old bastard was destined to end up on the Pillar of Skulls when he died, and he was desperately trying to weasel out of it. So I told him that there was an item beneath Sigil that would 'save' him from his fate, if he could only find it."

But it wouldn't save him - it was just something you wanted him to find.

Baddie: "Of course it was useless to him. One cannot dodge fate so easily. However, nothing motivates a man faster than telling him what he seeks will save his soul from eternal damnation. I intended to take it from him after he found it. It just that searching for it myself would have taken... too long.

And why should I do it, when I could have someone else hunt for me?"

What in heck is this thing. I tried to sell it a few times but something held me back.

What is this little thing?

Baddie looks at me with disbelief. As if was impressed with my competence or even surprised with my ignorance. It could have been either.

Baddie: "You have it?! Then your life had some use after all! When we merge, I will see about finding a means to unlock it. Perhaps all is not lost..."

What is the sphere? Why is it important?"

Baddie: "It is a dead sensory stone. Do you know what it contains?! It holds the last experiences of the first of us. When we were one man, and not a string of incarnations. If there is some way of unlocking it, I will be able to see inside his mind..."

We could find out how this all happened. Go back to the beginning and find out why we ever sought to be immortal.

"Yes..." The incarnation's face grew somber. "It is the answer I have always sought. Why this happened. Why we became immortal. When we merge, I will see about finding a means to unlock it. Perhaps all is not lost..."

Goody speaks up for the first time. He had been silent and mostly listening to our conversation.

485db087c429cd8b80654c38d33996c3.jpg

Goody: "Perhaps there are no answers in such a thing. Perhaps there never was."

I stop for a minute and look around. At the four if us. We need to move on and I wanted to be the one moving on.

Only one may leave.

I need to speak to the other two and I don't think Baddie would like the questions I would be asking.

Legendary Intelligence and one of the wisest beings in all the Multiverse.

I can't believe this fool could best me.

I turn back to Baddie and agree to help him.

Look into my eyes.

135bfbce7039282b24e3189b2539fd43e6f6c1b7_hq.gif

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom