Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Planescape: Torment problems

TheGreatGodPan

Arbiter
I've been playing PS:T for the first time recently, and it seems like a great game, but I have some problems. I did a quest where I had to give a sealed box to a bunch of people, then it the curse was removed my journal says to find the guy who gave me the box, but I can't find him anywhere! I've looked all around where a map at www.baldursgate.com/pst says to find him, but he isn't there! Secondly, I got Lenny the thief to tell me how to get proof that Byron Pikit defrauded a woman into slavery, but when I go to the warehouse of 9 worlds I don't get the option to claim the documents! I guess that poor woman will be a slave forever! Thirdly, and least important I suppose, I can't even attempt to join the anarchists because I don't get the dialogue option with the woman at the foundry upstairs. It might be because I outed her during the solve-the-murder quest, but I didn't have the option before then either.

Greatatlantic

Erudite
OK, those are pretty common problems, with a pretty easy solution.

For the ruby box, to find the priest's house you need to equip a ring, first.

To get the evidence from the Warehouse, you should have recieved a special ring from Lenny that you need to be wearing.

Finally, the anarchists need to know you are trustworthy first. You do this by aiding one of their members, at which point you'll the Enemy of Establishment Ring. Equip it and you'll be able to join the Anarchs.

You should try a walkthrough for more detail, alright?

jiujitsu

Cipher
Project: Eternity
Greatatlantic said:
OK, those are pretty common problems, with a pretty easy solution.

For the ruby box, to find the priest's house you need to equip a ring, first.

To get the evidence from the Warehouse, you should have recieved a special ring from Lenny that you need to be wearing.

Finally, the anarchists need to know you are trustworthy first. You do this by aiding one of their members, at which point you'll the Enemy of Establishment Ring. Equip it and you'll be able to join the Anarchs.

You should try a walkthrough for more detail, alright?

Disregard this idiotic post.

THE JOKE IS OLD. LET IT DIE IN PEACE.

Anyway, I have a great PS:T guide that I'll link to: http://db.gamefaqs.com/computer/doswin/ ... ment_a.txt

I found this guide to have everything I needed to get through the game.

I recently played through and had a little bit of trouble finding the box guy. The reason is because he doesn't stay in the same original spot. He moves up to the left and goes underneath this ruined structure. You will see dead lim-lims on the ground near it.

When you go to the warehouse to help Trist I believe you just say that you are here to "give Byron the laugh." And it goes on from there. Or that you are there to claim something then say the "give Byron the laugh" line. If that doesn't show up then reload and try again maybe. It could be a patch issue if you haven't patched the game.

I never joined the anarchists so I cannot help you with this, but the guide I linked to can.

Good luck.

TheGreatGodPan

Arbiter
Well, I don't get the dialogue option, and I don't see Mar near the dead lims, but maybe you can help with another problem. Saladesh wants to take Lady whatevers place as tutor, and I tried talking to her, but she always just ignores me! I tried telling him she isn't interested in the position, but I don't get the dialogue option.

jiujitsu

Cipher
Project: Eternity
You have to get her to tell you that she loves the sensory stones. Then you tell Saladesh that she's an addict or whatever and she doesn't care. Use the guide I linked. It's really good...

TheGreatGodPan

Arbiter
Thanks, I thought joining the Godsmen PREVENTED you from joining other factions! Other walkthroughs said I just had to talk to Bedai.

TheGreatGodPan

Arbiter
I found Mar hiding in the building, but my only option was to tell him I had left the Hive (which I had). He freaked and ran, so I reloaded and blocked his exit. I tried talking to him, but all I could do was kill him.

corvax

Augur
Mar is supposed to run away anyhow. You should still get experience for the quest and if I'm correct he might be leaving something behind for you (maybe, I'm not sure).

Crustacean

Novice
PST rules ! Really one of the best RPG ever (even though some parts are a little dialog-heavy) !

The box quest, same ting here, never completely finished it (telling the priest I wanted to worship is God got me sent to a Maze by the Lady !).

For the Anarchs thing, also same here, outing her for the murder case sure doesn't help, me thinks.

FWIW, if you don't have him yet, don't miss Nordom !

TheGreatGodPan

Arbiter
Crustacean said:
PST rules ! Really one of the best RPG ever (even though some parts are a little dialog-heavy) !

The box quest, same ting here, never completely finished it (telling the priest I wanted to worship is God got me sent to a Maze by the Lady !).

For the Anarchs thing, also same here, outing her for the murder case sure doesn't help, me thinks.

FWIW, if you don't have him yet, don't miss Nordom !
For a few days now I've been trying to find him in the Modron maze. Right now it seems like there are only dead ends and the Rubikon, who I can't beat yet. Maybe I should have gone through a medium difficulty maze to get experience, because I really don't want to restart the hard maze.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom