Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Planescape Torment walkthrough - no longer a virgin

Baardhaas

Cipher
Patron
Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here
By the way does anyone know what that unique tattoo you get in Buried Village "The Number of Ku'u Yin" actually does? I know it says protects from chaotic creatures but thats pretty fucking vague, is it armour class boost, luck bonus, can't attack you? Not urgent or owt, just wonderin if anybody knows, an whether its worth any cop.
It gives additional AC (+2?) to your total AC when you encounter Chaotic enemies.
It also gives a +2 to saving throws. I'm not sure if there are any creatures that cast charm or domination spells in Torment or wether it's implemented at all, but it should also provide immunity against such spells.
http://www.dandwiki.com/wiki/SRD:Protection_from_Chaos

All in all this tattoo is a lot more useful than I thought, given that there are quite a few chaotic enemies in PS:T.

Neanderthal

Arcane
Oh so it just mimics Protection from spells, didn't think it were that straightforward, expecting something more unique cos it seems to avoid sayin that in description.

Haplo

Prophet
Patron
Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Aah, one of my 2 favorite spells... well done!

And the Pronouncement of Two Deaths As One... so when the time comes, Dak'kon will truly be ready... what about you? :)

Note you don't know everything about Dak'kon yet. Ever wondered why one from such a proud, independent race obediently follows you?

Prime Junta

I do appreciate its cleverness. I do appreciate how it respects the gamer. I do have to ask why no other game I have ever played is as clever, strange, mad and wonderful as this. I don't think anything comes close. Not even half.

Yeah, this. This is also why I think T:ToN won't live up to it.

No Truce with the Furies, on the other hand...

Lord Azlan

Arcane
Patron
Shitposter
ALWAYS QUESTIONS:

We can have a chat. Rest tonight and move on in the morning.

Last edited:

Neanderthal

Arcane
Just thought i'd gi a headsup for anyone wantin to replay Torment, undead in Mortuary that you usually get rid on somehow, Skeleton #42 that you stored stuff in, the Giant Skeletons downstairs, that one wi bandy leg that gis you arm club, an two carryin bandages in first room, none of em gi any unique dialogue when usin Stories Bones Tell on em. All too far gone to respond so not worth saving to talk wi later.

Neanderthal

Arcane
Warning unbridled storyfag advice needed: I'm at Ravels maze mesen, switched to Mage to learn from her when we got to centre of her garden, after all there's enormous power to be had there. Now me CHA is still at 6, so I can't use a bit of the old flannel on her naturally, but a couple of Friends spells an i'm golden. Thing is should I do this from a roleplayin perspective?

So far i'm playing a fairly brutally honest bloke, appalled at all shit his past incarnations have done an determined to make up for what he can, an never manipulate an lie like Practical incarnation did to Deionarra. Lawful Good. Now I don't wanna lie an manipulate another woman, I don't wanna charm this old hag an twist her emotions cos shes suffered enough, but then again this is a fuckin dangerous legend i'm facin an I need every advantage. Plus isn't it a kindness to give her a bit o blarney, relieve loneliness an misery shes endured waiting for Nameless to return?

I'm in two minds, charm her, woo her through magic or just carry on like i've been doing, play it straight down line an be honest as usual?

Baardhaas

Cipher
Patron
Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here
Now me CHA is still at 6
Isn't your charisma already unnaturally low? You're one ugly bastard, but hey that's the hand you got dealt. Life isn't fair, so from a roleplaying perspective, I'd say deal with it.

Raising your charisma now is just meta-gaming, your character has no reason to put on make-up and make himself look somewhat attractive for an old evil crone.

Neanderthal

Arcane
Isn't your charisma already unnaturally low? You're one ugly bastard, but hey that's the hand you got dealt. Life isn't fair, so from a roleplaying perspective, I'd say deal with it.

Raising your charisma now is just meta-gaming, your character has no reason to put on make-up and make himself look somewhat attractive for an old evil crone.

Yeah me an me Nameless.

Not sure i'd call it meta gaming, Friends spells legit, an takin precautions when facing a legend is only wise. I think it'd be better if Ravel just dispelled or could see through all this magical glamour, but since she can't i'd say its a legit tactic for a smart bloke whose well prepared.

Still i'm erring on side o straight talkin instead o charming her, seems more in character, though missin out on that juicy +3 WIS is bloody hard.

Haplo

Prophet
Patron
Role playing wise... prolly no.
However its a game. Moreover its your game. The aim is to have fun. Since you seem to want to do this and may regret loosing the bonus if you don't... in my opinion go for it.

Maculo

Arcane
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Pathfinder: Wrath
Warning unbridled storyfag advice needed: I'm at Ravels maze mesen, switched to Mage to learn from her when we got to centre of her garden, after all there's enormous power to be had there. Now me CHA is still at 6, so I can't use a bit of the old flannel on her naturally, but a couple of Friends spells an i'm golden. Thing is should I do this from a roleplayin perspective?

So far i'm playing a fairly brutally honest bloke, appalled at all shit his past incarnations have done an determined to make up for what he can, an never manipulate an lie like Practical incarnation did to Deionarra. Lawful Good. Now I don't wanna lie an manipulate another woman, I don't wanna charm this old hag an twist her emotions cos shes suffered enough, but then again this is a fuckin dangerous legend i'm facin an I need every advantage. Plus isn't it a kindness to give her a bit o blarney, relieve loneliness an misery shes endured waiting for Nameless to return?

I'm in two minds, charm her, woo her through magic or just carry on like i've been doing, play it straight down line an be honest as usual?
I'd argue you should stick to your bluntly honest character. Ultimately, I do not see a big negative to it. The 3+ WIS is good, but if I remember correctly, you already receive a lot of points to invest in. Be the incarnation you want to be. The only reason I would change my mind is if you really need more Wisdom for later speech checks, or you planned your character around needing this +3 Wisdom.

Haplo

Prophet
Patron
Well, depending on how he planned his character, Wis IS a really important stat in this game and you should probably nearly cap it.

Maculo

Arcane
Patron
Well, depending on how he planned his character, Wis IS a really important stat in this game and you should probably nearly cap it.
I think if he is already 15-16 Wisdom, he should be able to max out by points or items. I cannot think of many speech checks that require above 16. If he is 9-12, then I would choose the 3+ bonus.

Neanderthal

Arcane
20 STR, 16 DEX, 18 CON, 18 INT, 17 WIS, 6 CHA, 12th level Fighter, 7th Thief and Mage. I'll still get +1 INT & WIS from Ravel for answering Mebbeth that I wanted Power when asked for reason to study magic in Ragpickers Square.

Think you're right, i'll stick wi me grumpy, stick up arse truthful character. Cheers lads.

Haplo

Prophet
Patron
I think if he is already 15-16 Wisdom, he should be able to max out by points or items. I cannot think of many speech checks that require above 16. If he is 9-12, then I would choose the 3+ bonus.
Well, I can think of one crucial that requires 21... and another... 23 was it?

Maculo

Arcane
Patron
Well, I can think of one crucial that requires 21... and another... 23 was it?
I thought the major checks (21 wisdom or above) occurred around or after the fight with Trias. Assuming I remembered that correctly, Neanderthal should have time to pump WIS with leveling or items.

I thought the major 20+ check was the transcendant one. Am I remembering correctly?

Haplo

Prophet
Patron
After Trias, correct. There's an Incarnation check at 21... but I am no longer certain if it is needed for the Bronze Sphere or not.

Maculo

Arcane
Patron
After Trias, correct. There's an Incarnation check at 21... but I am no longer certain if it is needed for the Bronze Sphere or not.
God, I hope Azlan got the golden sphere back. I thought that was one of the best high points (among many) of the story.

Neanderthal

Arcane
Keep one of Ravels seeds mate, until you get back to Sigil.

I've never been sure about Ravels motivations, is it centuries apart from Nameless that drives her to attack him when hes walkin away again, or does she hope to hold onto his amnesiac body when he awakens? Or is she sacrificing hersen, dying by the hand of the one man who holds her black brambled heart. Who can tell how a barmy Hags mind works, especially when shes as strange as Ravel?

Was it the mark o torment that drew Annah to haunted alley where she found Nameless' body or was it Ravel sending her? Always wondered.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom