Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Torment Beamdog's Planescape: Torment Enhanced Edition

oldmanpaco

Master of Siestas
Yeah, yeah. But back in the early 2000's when I finished the game I was pretty much getting drunk every night and playing vidia. Shit I barley remember anything after the Hive.

Junmarko

† Cristo è Re †
Patron
FAl8j9X.png

p9LmN1f.png

Jimmious

Arcane
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
It does seem that they tried to not overdo it with forcing the "enhancements" to everyone. That's cool

Self-Ejected

Lurker King

Self-Ejected
The Real Fanboy
They also speculated that Beamdog might do Arcanum: EE :/

I don't even.

he also said that he read Pages of Pain during the development but it didn't affect the game.

Of course not. He just "took" the narrative premise that was the base of gameplay from "Pages of Pain".

MCA said he (they) would prefer if Nameless One could also be a woman

Suck that down, Avellone lovers!

Last edited:

Iznaliu

Arbiter
The Nameless One can’t become a priest in PST:EE, so Fall-from-Grace is vital to the party.

I wonder if idiots will think that TNO could become a priest in the original PS:T and demand it back in the game.

Neanderthal

Arcane
Old theory from way back were that Nameless cunt be a Cleric cos he were at one point a god, Aoskar, until slaughtered by Lady an reduced to mere immortality. Thats why he could create Shadow Sorcelled Key that opened all portals in Lower Ward. Bit on a stretch if you ask me.

Fuckin stupid companion intros, way to ruin one o best elements o game.

Iznaliu

Arbiter
Fuckin stupid companion intros, way to ruin one o best elements o game.

The concept of a companion intro is stupid in the first place. Companions should serve as their own intros, and ideally be interesting and unique enough that you stick with them even if you do not like their personality/build.

Sigourn

uooh afficionado
Yus! I'm super excited to know Beamdog is going to be remastering other games omg! next should be Icewind II, I want to play that game SO BADLY! <3 <3

Fairfax

Arcane
Interesting that no reviews have been published yet. The changes aren't enough to require a full playthrough, and Beamdog included a bunch of saves in the press kit to make it even easier:

TwTsMEW.png

Fairfax

Arcane
Beamdog included a bunch of saves in the press kit to make it even easier
is it standard industry practice?
For new games? No. I've seen kits with guides, tutorial videos and such, but nothing like this. It makes more sense for remastered editions, so maybe Beamdog has done it before.

I assume they did this so people could get footage from different areas faster and review it based on the small improvements alone, but it's still weird.

Deleted Member 16721

Picked up my gift copy of the game today. If anyone wants a chance at winning a free copy, head to the FREE STUFF!!! forum on my Steam group. Not a ton of people have entered so you should have a somewhat decent chance of winning it. :)

Sigourn

uooh afficionado
Picked up my gift copy of the game today. If anyone wants a chance at winning a free copy, head to the FREE STUFF!!! forum on my Steam group. Not a ton of people have entered so you should have a somewhat decent chance of winning it. :)

fluent, I don't have money on Steam to post in your thread, so I want to let you know I'M IN here at the Codex. :3 <3

Deleted Member 16721

fluent, I don't have money on Steam to post in your thread, so I want to let you know I'M IN here at the Codex. :3 <3

Huh? You don't need money to post in my thread on Steam, lol. I will enter you, though, since you're from Buenos Aires and seem like a nice person. :)

Feel free to join the Steam group sometime, though. :)

Sigourn

uooh afficionado

Huh? You don't need money to post in my thread on Steam, lol. I will enter you, though, since you're from Buenos Aires and seem like a nice person. :)

Feel free to join the Steam group sometime, though. :)

Steam told me I'm not allowed to take part in the group's discussion, or any group's, unless I spend $5 on Steam or add $5 to my Steam wallet.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom