Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Torment Beamdog's Planescape: Torment Enhanced Edition

aVENGER

Arcane
Developer
Hey aVENGER, can you confirm that the pathing routine was improved? It looks like it in the vid.

PST:EE uses the same pathfinding code as Siege of Dragonspear, with minor improvements on top of that.

That code is more advanced than what was used in the original Planescape Torment.

Sykar

Arcane
aVENGER Hey, just a minor gripe, not to undervalue you guys' effort over this and I guess this is likely business side of things. But I don't like that Beamdog doesn't specify original developer in store page.

Not up to me, there are legal reasons why the store pages are like that.

That said, the PST:EE in-game credits list the original developers, just like all the previous EE games did.

Yeah I am sure people read the credits list. :roll:
What a pathetic excuse.

Junmarko

† Cristo è Re †
Patron
aVENGER Hey, just a minor gripe, not to undervalue you guys' effort over this and I guess this is likely business side of things. But I don't like that Beamdog doesn't specify original developer in store page.

That said, the PST:EE in-game credits list the original developers, just like all the previous EE games did.

It would be a nice gesture to have the Black Isle logo on the load-up screen though.

Talk to some of your colleagues, see if you can get it.

Self-Ejected

an Administrator

Self-Ejected
Where expecting basics is considered perfectionism

Yeah I am sure people read the credits list. :roll:
What a pathetic excuse.

The credit screen has a cool music.

Prime Junta

:reads interview:

Okay, this sounds like how they should do EEs. Various QoL improvements, made it work reliably on modern devices, fixed teh speling, remastered the music, and left the game itself the fuck alone.

:is mollified:

Makabb

Arcane
Shitposter Bethestard
People say just mod the game

but you won't get engine bug fixes and MCA new writing :positive:

Delbaeth

Learned
Just 3h 47min before I become an alcoholic

http://planescape.com/

Uh.

See the webpage's title. PLAN ESCAPE.

Well. It's PLANE-SCAPE, just like Landscape, Farscape.

TSR2600_Planescape_Campaign_Setting.jpg

To anyone missing the point, the www.planescape.com webpage had as title (if you looked at the top of your browser/tab) : PLAN ESCAPE (with the space) instead of Planescape.

It means either Beamdog never understood what Planescape was, or were making loosy joke on people who never understood.
The meaning of the campaign setting never was to escape from planes, but to offer a panorama of planes, so to avoid confusion, TSR made the Lady of Pain's head between PLANE and SCAPE in every Planescape's product.

But here in 2017, we still have people thinking of PLAN-ESCAPE or PLANET-ESCAPE or some kind of bad shit.
Planescape released first in 1994.
Seriously.

Maggot

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire
To anyone missing the point, the www.planescape.com webpage had as title (if you looked at the top of your browser/tab) : PLAN ESCAPE (with the space) instead of Planescape.

It means either Beamdog never understood what Planescape was, or were making loosy joke on people who never understood.
The meaning of the campaign setting never was to escape from planes, but to offer a panorama of planes, so to avoid confusion, TSR made the Lady of Pain's head between PLANE and SCAPE in every Planescape's product.

But here in 2017, we still have people thinking of PLAN-ESCAPE or PLANET-ESCAPE or some kind of bad shit.
Seriously.

poaoaj.png

MicoSelva

backlog digger
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Divinity: Original Sin 2 Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
Hi, aVENGER , I have a couple of questions (maybe they were already answered somewhere - I have not read the whole thread).

1. Is the remastered soundtrack included with the game (as mp3/FLAC/etc.) or does it have to be bought separately?
Oh, wait, it is a separate $10 download on Steam, and not available on GOG at all. Que?
2. Does the Windows version include touchscreen-optimized interface option?

Last edited:

Delbaeth

Learned

Seriously.

poaoaj.png

Yeah, it's not the case anymore, it was before the timer ended.

Sykar

Arcane

It would be a nice gesture to have the Black Isle logo on the load-up screen though.

Gesture? It is fucking decency to credit those who did the actual work.

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014

Well, I don't blame you.

I'm not sure what kind of legal reasons would prevent that (and I guess you can't disclose it), but I just hope WotC/EA/Interplay/Beamdog execs and/or legal teams come to their senses about what they're doing. (Ooohh.

9Uk0V2k.png
)

Junmarko

† Cristo è Re †
Patron

Gesture? It is fucking decency to credit those who did the actual work.
FFS dude...

He just said:

"That said, the PST:EE in-game credits list the original developers, just like all the previous EE games did."

I was merely stating he should go further. We agree.

Last edited:

FeelTheRads

Arcane

Seriously.

poaoaj.png

Yeah, it's not the case anymore, it was before the timer ended.

It was one of their retarded jokes, that's all.

Durr durr plan ur escape hahahahahahahahahaha
:flamesaw:

Not excluding the possibility that the majority of people at Beamdog have no clue whatsoever about Planescape.

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom