Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Torment Planescape Torment attributes

Nas92

Augur
So I gave TNO the following attributes: STR 9 INT 16 WIS 17 DEX 13 CON 9 CHR 11
Are these good enough for dialogue choices and combat situations? The 13 dexterity I know is required to avoid the Dustmen raising the alarm and awakening the undead guards. I'm going to be playing as a mage, and I know there are simple ways of raising Intelligence, so my 16 Intelligence doesn't bother me. On the other hand my low Charisma worries me somewhat, how long until I can raise it either with items or the Friends spell?

pippin

You can avoid the Dustmen alarm with low dex as well. You have to tell them you're here to see Dhall. That's related to the intellectual abilities.

hoverdog

dog that is hovering, Wastelands Interactive
Developer
Project: Eternity
Charisma actually affects a much lesser number of dialogue choices than Intelligence and Wisdom. Other than
convincing Mary in the Undead Nations to let you see the Silent King
it does not lead to any crucial developments. I *think* there's a Friends scroll somewhere in the game, but I couldn't find it in my latest run.

PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Serpent in the Staglands Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Charisma actually affects a much lesser number of dialogue choices than Intelligence and Wisdom. Other than
convincing Mary in the Undead Nations to let you see the Silent King
it does not lead to any crucial developments. I *think* there's a Friends scroll somewhere in the game, but I couldn't find it in my latest run.

You can use charisma to obtain a weapon that allows you to access the game's "best ending", but a small boost to your wisdom (which can be done with tattoos or attribute increases peppering the way) should allow you to achieve the same thing.

I think a high charisma gives you access to more dialogue options than some people think, but wisdom and intelligence often function as replacements in the same boxes. The thing is, nobody knows how much options charisma gives you because I don't think anyone has ever sat down and counted out the difference between a high charisma play through and a low charisma play through, because charisma is a useless stat outside dialogues.

Anyway, you can get the Friends spell immediately I'm pretty sure, from the same person that trains you to be a mage.

Nas92

Augur
You can avoid the Dustmen alarm with low dex as well. You have to tell them you're here to see Dhall. That's related to the intellectual abilities.
Last time I tried restarting the game with high intellectual abilities - granted it was a long time ago - I seem to recall that I could not stop that alarm being raised. Mybe I did something wrong.

You can use charisma to obtain a weapon that allows you to access the game's "best ending", but a small boost to your wisdom (which can be done with tattoos or attribute increases peppering the way) should allow you to achieve the same thing.

I think a high charisma gives you access to more dialogue options than some people think, but wisdom and intelligence often function as replacements in the same boxes. The thing is, nobody knows how much options charisma gives you because I don't think anyone has ever sat down and counted out the difference between a high charisma play through and a low charisma play through.

Anyway, you can get the Friends spell immediately I'm pretty sure, from the same person that trains you to be a mage.
I played through the game all the way up to Curst (at which point I started reading forums and found out playing a fighter is doing it wrong) and I recall getting that weapon. That is if you mean the
weapon that can allegedely kill TNO.

pippin

iirc the correct dialogue choices were: i'm here too see someone -> i'm here to see dhall. the dustman will leave you alone after that.

kmonster

Augur
On the long run 12 int is actually the best starting stat for mages, so don't bother raising it.

PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Serpent in the Staglands Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire

Sunsetspawn

Arcane
Do you really need people to tell you the first choices you need to make in order to properly enjoy the game? I bought this on GOG but haven't played it yet and I really don't dig on asking people what I should do before I've gotten thoroughly stuck.

kmonster

Augur
Because other stats do make a difference too. Running around in fear near the end because you've neglected con is the most fun way to play the game.

Baron Dupek

Arcane
Just use a stat trainer and get 25 in each state.
Or use Tome of Cheats from one of the fixpacks. And set difficulty level to Easy. Make the game [combat] bearable.

Perkel

Arcane
I did my first playtrough as wisdom char and later i started fighter build and it was funny as hell in certain situations. Like that time when they robbed me in that alley and i could brake that dude neck or something like that.

Did someone finish torment with high STR DEX build ?

DragoFireheart

all caps, rainbow colors, SOMETHING.
I did my first playtrough as wisdom char and later i started fighter build and it was funny as hell in certain situations. Like that time when they robbed me in that alley and i could brake that dude neck or something like that.

Did someone finish torment with high STR DEX build ?

I did.

High STR/DEX/CON/WIS, completely ignored Int and cha. Could easily tank everything in the game, especially the enemies near the end.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom