Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Places your bets: Fallout 4 Metascore

What will be the Fallout 4 Metascore range?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Fairfax

Arcane
Poll will be closed once the embargo is lifted. Winners get a custom tag depending on the result. +M
Not really.

Necroscope

Arcane
Codex 2014
90-95 from journos, 50-60 from the players after /v/ ride, but then it may slowly raise to 70-80.

Somberlain

Arcane
Zionist Agent
It will be around 93.

The game will receive some criticism for lackluster graphics but those are MORE THAN MADE UP FOR by the AMAZING world and INFINITE sidequests and INCREDIBLE base building mechanics.

Journos will also mention that dialogue options are a bit lacking when compared to the legendary classic called Fallout 3 but even those are MORE THAN MADE UP FOR by the AMAZING voice acted protagonist (which will make the game more relatable, immersive and emotional than ever before) and the INCREDIBLE performances of token celebrity voice actors which really bring video games closer to being real and prestigious art like movies.

Fallout 4 will also be praised by its inclusion of romances which will add depth never seen before in Bethesda games. Endless trash collecting and infinite radiant events etc. will also be praised since there's so much content. New perk system will also be seen as the deepest and most interesting character development system in the series so far.

StrongBelwas

Savant
Patron
85-89 from critics (Primary complaints will be writing/art, all other issues ignored and even those two will have some disclaimer afterwards to seem less harsh), one or two outliers giving 90+, harshest from mainstream will be a 75 (Maaaaaaaaaaaaaaaybe a 70 from some PC-centric site if the port is a mess) , which the fanbase will treat as a 35, audience score around low 60s during /v/ funtimes, bumping back up into low-80s after time and a counter-raid from Nu!Fallout fans.

Last edited:

Fairfax

Arcane
85-89. I think a small group of journos will criticize the dialog choices, writing, dumbed down mechanics and also the shitty graphics, animation and AI. Mostly because of the minor backlash from the leaks and the ridiculous inception embargo; some don't want to embarrass themselves.
On the other hand, I expect romances, housing, exploration, voice acting, and specially gunplay to be universally praised, so that will put it in the 88-93 range IMO, but I still believe it will be lower than F3.

It'll still get a bunch of GOTY awards, but I don't think all journos will give Betheda a pass on everything, and for some reason I don't see them giving higher scores than they gave TW3 (92) on average.

Carrion

Arcane
Patron
Critic score will be around 93. I can't see it going below 90 with that amount of marketing even if they shipped an actual turd in a box, but I think there is a chance it'll get one or two more negative reviews even from major sites (meaning a score in the high 80's). The only reason for those reviews will be that the sites or gaming "journalists" will want to show that they can be critical even towards such hyped-up releases, especially since we've already seen several high-profile open-world games that have all been praised to high heavens in quite a short period of time. So, in order to appear even slightly critical they will complain that the game is just more of the same and not all that revolutionary, but still highly recommended to all fans of RPGs. Of course, everyone will still praise the writing, the world-building and the mechanics of the game, just like before.

User score will of course be a bit lower than that, but I don't think it'll get the DA:I treatment. 70-80 would be my bet.

upwardlymobile

forum posting consultant
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
voted 95-100. game "journalists" only care how much ad space bethesda buys, which is a shitload this time around.

tormund

Arcane
90-95
I see that some of you are still optimistic. Majority of reviews will be in 90+ category. journos will definitely talk about flaws and about game being a disappointment... but only few weeks after release, like they did for Skyrim. For the reviews, it will be all:
MORE THAN MADE UP FOR
AMAZING
INFINITE
INCREDIBLE

Lagole Gon

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut Pathfinder: Wrath

Game of the year but not as good as the oldschool hardcore cRPG classic Fallout 3.

- Bethesda does emotional engagement and romances now. We all know this will be a spectacular failure.
+ On the other hand they have gargantuous marketing campaign, Halle Berry 'n' shit.

Crazed Weevil

Prophet
90-95 because that's what was paid for.

Give it a few years though and it'll just be like Oblivion where everyone suddenly notices all the flaws that were pointed out at release by more rational people.

BGMD

Learned

I'm hoping for at least few lukewarm reviews, checklist is ready.

FFYRGNS.png

7I3qyAh.jpg

Last edited:

Frozen

Arcane
Whores will give it 96 RPG of the decade etc.
Users 85-ish
Whores will then backtrack after 1 year
It just looks so poor to draw attention of an average hike tard for a long period of time.
Never did Bethesda game looked so much dated upon release and it will show in score that matters.

Black

Arcane
94- "critic", 91- user.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom