Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Risen 3: Titan Lords

imweasel

I watched the combat in the second video... and I am not really impressed. It looks like Risen 2 all over.

The tough and rewarding combat was one of the best things in Risen 1. Fuck button mashing. Hopefully the combat improves as you advance in Risen 3.

toro

Arcane
Vatnik
Sweet Mother of God! That combat system is an abomination. I cannot ...

undecaf

Arcane
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2
If this three part preview is the "tutorial" part before the protags soul is stolen and he loses all his abilities, or what ever the plotline was, it's looks quite long even if ignoring the previewers fucking around with mussels, ducks and armadillos.

DalekFlay

Arcane
Patron
Corridors everywhere!!!

Risen sells like shit on consoles as far as I know, one really has to wonder why they bother.

Modron

Arcane
Easier to design? Or perhaps they are just a European version of Firaxis as some others have demonstrated a healthy chunk of the original talent has left/died.

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
That monster-attack blocking :negative:

Them stunlocks :negative:

Them companions killing everything for you even when you suck :negative:

Them slooooooooow aaaaaaaaaaaaass ri2eeeeeeeeeeen animaaaaaashuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuns :negative:

That free plundering of houses :negative:

At least... it looked like... there was... some stuff to do... around that koboldmine...? :negative:

88.png
IZ TERRIBL:dead:

also gotta love all those stinky labourer gnomes with arab names :troll:

Doctor Sbaitso

SO, TELL ME ABOUT YOUR PROBLEMS.
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Grab the Codex by the pussy Serpent in the Staglands
LOL @1:50, the guy power charges an attack to hit the big bug and when he releases it he immediately auto-turns 180 degrees and destroys the little birdie flapping around behind him.

Modron

Arcane
Yeah combat did not look that enticing but then again under-leveled combat in every pb game was like that once you get that combination of weapon damage + strength that overcomes DR then they tend to pick up. Honestly any LP of any Gothic game tends to start off slow. Will wait for more videos/KKK before I write it off.

harhar!

Augur
- I like the dialogue that took place after he killed the animal behind the house. It is at least one nice thing that they introduced with R2/R3.
- You can turn off the minimap in the options btw.
- The combat looks shitty but less shitty than R2 if you can turn off the Arcaniaglow. That's something I guess.
- The NPC reactions really suck. Why do they have such a strong case of amnesia after we just bashed their face in? Why not instead have someone like Magnus be a "Lord Andre" and implement some scrolls of amnesia?

imweasel

Part 4...

Hopefully we will see something awesome in the video. Crossing my fingers...

:negative:

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
Part 4...

Ri2en all over again. No fighting and corridor islands/caves and suddenly it looks much better.

Also, I have to say they improved character animations (especially in dialogue) a lot, compared to all the other PB games which were very infamous in that regard.

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
In the first two hours of this thing there has been maybe ten minutes of combat... wtf.

Tigranes

Arcane
Yeah, are there any segments in these previews that show some combat? That's the only bit I feel like I'll get any info from watching.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom