Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Pillars of Eternity: The White March Part 2 gets story trailer, release date is now February 16th

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Tags: Obsidian Entertainment; Paradox Interactive; Pillars of Eternity; Pillars of Eternity: The White March

The second part of the Pillars of Eternity: The White March expansion pack was originally scheduled to be released this month. Perhaps the holidays introduced a delay, or perhaps Obsidian just wanted to add even more features, because today's press release from Paradox announces that it's been delayed to February 16th. It also comes with a short story trailer that reveals something of the enemy that we'll be facing this time. Check it out:

IRVINE, Calif. and STOCKHOLM — Jan. 5, 2016 — Obsidian Entertainment and Paradox Interactive announced today that The White March – Part 2, the second expansion to Pillars of Eternity, will release on February 16, 2016. The White March – Part 2 not only adds new content to the Pillars of Eternity universe, but also allows players to experience the conclusion of the stories told in The White March – Part 1, bringing the first epic chapter of Pillars of Eternity to a close. Players will find a variety of new challenges waiting for them in the snowy borderlands of the Eastern Reach, along with new quests, new abilities and a raised level cap, and a new companion: Meneha, the Barbarian.

For a first glimpse at The White March – Part 2, Obsidian and Paradox have released a new game trailer, available here:

Directed by Josh Sawyer, Game Director of Fallout: New Vegas and Pillars of Eternity, The White March - Part 2 brings players through an expertly crafted story from the award-winning team at Obsidian Entertainment. A series of new features await fans of the Pillars of Eternity universe, including a new “Story Time” mode, letting players experience the incredible narrative of Pillars of Eternity at a faster pace. Players will discover the answers to questions asked in the prior expansion, and lead companions old and new through new locations such as the Abbey of the Fallen Moon.

Pillars of Eternity, created by role-playing game (RPG) veterans also known for Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic II: The Sith Lords and South Park: The Stick of Truth, is a RPG inspired by classic titles such as Baldur’s Gate, Icewind Dale, and Planescape: Torment. Created thanks to over 75,000 crowdfunding backers, Pillars of Eternity has sold over 600,000 units, was released to critical acclaim in March 2015, and is among Metacritic’s 15 Best PC Games of 2015.

For more information on Pillars of Eternity and The White March – Part 2, visit https://www.paradoxplaza.com/pillars-of-eternity-the-white-march-pt2.

Wait a minute - "bringing the first epic chapter of Pillars of Eternity to a close"? Did they just confirm Pillars of Eternity 2?

FeelTheRads

Arcane
Pillars of Eternity, created by role-playing game (RPG) veterans also known for Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic II: The Sith Lords and South Park: The Stick of Truth,

:salute:

Fairfax

Arcane
Paradox marketing sucks, it comes out in a month and this is what they have to show for it.
RPG inspired by classic titles such as Baldur’s Gate, Icewind Dale, and Planescape: Torment.
:nocountryforshitposters:

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
It's just an expansion pack and the holidays just ended, what do you expect. There'll probably be a bunch more trailers, though. One for the new companion, one for the locations, one for the mechanics changes of Patch 3.0...

Weasel
Perhaps the holidays introduced a delay, or perhaps Obsidian just wanted to add even more features, because today's press release from Paradox announces that it's been delayed to February 16th.

"Even more features" sounds a bit fanboyish but...

A series of new features await fans of the Pillars of Eternity universe, including a new “Story Time” mode, letting players experience the incredible narrative of Pillars of Eternity at a faster pace.

Oh. Story time mode is surely the one feature to rule them all.

l3loodAngel

Proud INTJ
Patron
Edgy
Wait a minute - "bringing the first epic chapter of Pillars of Eternity to a close"? Did they just confirm Pillars of Eternity 2?

Unless they rework how stats and combat system works I am not interested.

Bester

⚰️☠️⚱️
Patron
Vatnik
Story time mode is surely the one feature to rule them all.
It's a good thing. I'm going to use this feature to actually finish the game, just so I would know how the main story sucked as well as everything else.

Ismaul

Thought Criminal #3333
Patron
Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech A Beautifully Desolate Campaign My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.
Remember when we thought: "It's cool, the base campaign is shitty as expected, but with the expansions they'll be able to experiment and deliver the next MotB"? Nope. Not even.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Remember when we thought: "It's cool, the base campaign is shitty as expected, but with the expansions they'll be able to experiment and deliver the next MotB"? Nope. Not even.

Not really, only people who weren't paying attention thought that. MotB had a full year of development time.

Dorateen

Arcane
Hammer on Anvil. The Lords of Caed Nua have annexed Durgan's Battery and are forging Guardians to issue forth!

The White March content, including Cragholdt Bulffs, is good. Hope this expansion continues in its player-driven, combat centric direction.

Ismaul

Thought Criminal #3333
Patron
Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech A Beautifully Desolate Campaign My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.

Not really, only people who weren't paying attention thought that. MotB had a full year of development time.
Are you saying I'm not paying attention? I might have to call the conductor.

But you're right, it was more something I thought when I pledged for Eternity, that we'd have a NWN2 style OC and more experimental expansions. Guess even my low expectations weren't met.

throwaway

Cipher
So when should I finally get on board for the ultimate, final, definitive edition of PoE? Around summer when they've patched all the quirks that this introduces and release a Gold Edition?

Murk

Arcane
Not being terribly interested already, that trailer is a real limp noodle.

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
So when should I finally get on board for the ultimate, final, definitive edition of PoE? Around summer when they've patched all the quirks that this introduces and release a Gold Edition?

Josh implied that they won't spend too much longer patching Pillars after this drops. I'm expecting completion by March or April.

vonAchdorf

Arcane
Store Mode? They think that their gameplay/combat sucks?

Beamdog surely was a trailblazer with that feature.

Last edited:

Abu Antar

Turn-based Poster
Patron
Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
They'd be stupid not to. Or am I the only one thinking this way?

Kz3r0

Arcane
A series of new features await fans of the Pillars of Eternity universe, including a new “Story Time” mode, letting players experience the incredible narrative of Pillars of Eternity at a faster pace.

Oh. Story time mode is surely the one feature to rule them all.
The skip-all-sawyer-bullshit-mechanics-and-enjoy-mangled-AVELLONE-writing button, sorely needed if you ask me.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom