Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Pillars of Eternity: The White March Part 2 coming late January

Invictus

Arcane
The Real Fanboy
Divinity: Original Sin 2
That is some creepy shit!

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
The thing about the loading times is that they might be improving, but any improvement may be offset by the increasing size of your saved game as more content is added.

Slimu

Augur
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
I don't understand where this long loading times come from. I haven't made any games, but as a programmer, I think that it should be possible to store the state of the game broken in two parts: the hero (party members, equipment, learned skills, etc.) and a map of regions. Only the hero and a region from the map should be loaded. Loading a region shouldn't be affected by the status of the others. Or maybe it has to do with Unity.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
I don't understand where this long loading times come from. I haven't made any games, but as a programmer, I think that it should be possible to store the state of the game broken in two parts: the hero (party members, equipment, learned skills, etc.) and a map of regions. Only the hero and a region from the map should be loaded. Loading a region shouldn't be affected by the status of the others. Or maybe it has to do with Unity.

Load times do get faster after the first time you've loaded, so it probably is doing something like that. Just not fast enough.

They seem to have an idea for how to improve things but it'll only come in the sequel: http://www.rpgcodex.net/article.php?id=10051

Sannom

Augur
In which category would you put unpicked loot? As someone who leaves most weapons and armor on the floor, I can certify that those stick around.

Krash

Arcane
Hoping that PoE2, when it's eventually released, will be to PoE what BG2 was to BG1 in terms of sheer improvement. PoE was pretty damn mediocre IMO.

Slimu

Augur
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
In which category would you put unpicked loot? As someone who leaves most weapons and armor on the floor, I can certify that those stick around.

All the stuff that doesn't get caried by the hero I would put in the part associated with the regions. Each one will store all the shit not picked up.

Sensuki

Arcane
Codex 2014 Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong A Beautifully Desolate Campaign
Hopefully they abandon the group story writing shit that they attempted for PE1, the story did feel like a bunch of different people's ideas duct taped together.

Unwanted

Irenaeus II

Unwanted
Dumbfuck Repressed Homosexual The Real Fanboy
I liked the story. Sure, it could be better, with more real-talk, but this is SJObsidian we're talking about. I liked 95% of the story and characters and I'm fucking hard to please when it comes to modern stories due to my lactose intolerance of faggo-trees.

People of low brow stock just equate Mên-pwgras and Fampyrs to bad story. For instance, felipePepePepe is probably still confused how refugees reached Defiance Bay New Dunryd due to some closed reaching paths. Some people literally can't even.

migrant-borders-europe-1442357424369-master495-v3.png

Sensuki

Arcane
Codex 2014 Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong A Beautifully Desolate Campaign
I actually don't think it does (make the game more stupid), but spell casting in armor still sucks though due to the speed penalty.

prodigydancer

Arcane
In My Safe Space
Arcane Spell failure %
And how would that help? At low levels DR > spells (even if you can't cast at all). At high levels damage dealers don't wear armor anyway.

Low level Wizards will just rely on per-encounters and wand blast even more. Chanters naturally tend to be tanky - taking away their incantations won't change much except reducing micromanagement from minimal to zero. Finally, Ciphers are already glass cannons relying on fast attacks (no attacks = no focus).

Last edited:
Unwanted

Irenaeus II

Unwanted
Dumbfuck Repressed Homosexual The Real Fanboy
The class abilities differences in this game's combat is a complex subject and requires an effortpost to properly discuss it. I'm here considering modding this game in the future, obviously after Obisidian finishes balancing it. I may like their final product, after I play it more, so I'll just leave it like this.

I like this mage to be fair:

Kassadin_0-2.jpg

But not all mages need to look like him. Or Mickey, for that matter.

Copper

Savant
I liked the story. Sure, it could be better, with more real-talk, but this is SJObsidian we're talking about. I liked 95% of the story and characters and I'm fucking hard to please when it comes to modern stories due to my lactose intolerance of faggo-trees.

People of low brow stock just equate Mên-pwgras and Fampyrs to bad story. For instance, felipePepePepe is probably still confused how refugees reached Defiance Bay New Dunryd due to some closed reaching paths. Some people literally can't even.

migrant-borders-europe-1442357424369-master495-v3.png

Too lazy to photoshop, so here's a more accurate picture of refugee life in Eora, and the hazards involved.

ScreenShot33.jpg

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom