Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Pillars of Eternity: The White March Part 1 Released

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
What about all the bugs and balance issues that persist between multiple patches? Even urgent stuff like the Barbarian's talent took forever to be fixed.

Unfortunately some bugs are considered lower priority than others. I'm sure they have reasons for not fixing known bugs.

Drax

Arcane
It does seem like a really short time between PoE release and the expansion, I don't get why would they rush it.
Whatever, by the time I have enough savings to buy this I hope that coming patches + modswillfixit will be enough to play the damn thing.

Namutree

Savant
All text has gone blurry.

Loading times have increased.

FPS ranges from 15 to 45.

Yeah, there are some serious problems with Patch 2.0.
Good to see Obsidian lives up to its reputation. Well, I'm not buying the expansion until the loading times go down. I swear, my first play through of PoE was 1/4th loading time. I'm not dealing with that again.

Turok

Erudite
All text has gone blurry.

Loading times have increased.

FPS ranges from 15 to 45.

Yeah, there are some serious problems with Patch 2.0.

Is sad but true, not sure what the fuck is happening on obsidian quarters, i love the game but if i install a expansion at least make the performance better not worse, i have a AMD R9 280 3 GB RAM video card and a AMD A10-5800K Trinity Quad-Core at 4.2 GHz, and the game run at 10 fps on new Zones in some fights.

Shadenuat

Arcane
Hmm only 5 dorra for me. So 15 dorra for whole thing when they will make it. Okay for an addon. I'll wait.
Game also tries to update downloading 2 GB of something. And it's not korean translation which it picked for me for some reason and I had to remove it.

naossano

Cipher
It does seem like a really short time between PoE release and the expansion, I don't get why would they rush it.

Feargus made a statement about this. I think it is to make sure people are still playing the vanilla game or still have a fresh memory of it, when the DLC is released, so they buy it right away. That is also one of the reason the DLC is cut in two parts. They wanted to rush the first release without making the whole DLC too tiny...

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Hmm only 5 dorra for me. So 15 dorra for whole thing when they will make it. Okay for an addon. I'll wait.
Game also tries to update downloading 2 GB of something. And it's not korean translation which it picked for me for some reason and I had to remove it.

See the OP - it's Patch 2.0.

Feargus made a statement about this. I think it is to make sure people are still playing the vanilla game or still have a fresh memory of it, when the DLC is released, so they buy it right away.

It seems to have worked.

ArchAngel

Arcane
It seems new AI killed the performance, complex AI and pathfinding are known for abusing CPUs.

Kiste

Augur
You peasants should upgrade to Skylake and overclock the shit out of it, like I did. I didn't test PoE 2.0 yet but I am confident I can get maybe semi-playable framerates out of my rig.

Hoaxmetal

Arcane
upgrade to Skylake
post-31074-J-Jonah-Jameson-laughing-gif-S-NWLY.gif

Kiste

Augur
What? Some people here are still using glorified abacuses like AMD CPUs.

Ulrox

Arbiter
It seems new AI killed the performance, complex AI and pathfinding are known for abusing CPUs.

AI and Unity... I have yet to play a complex RPG without some performance issues at some point that use Unity. When Wasteland 2 got into beta 10 fps was the norm, Might and Magic x keeps changing from 15 fps to 50 fps. This is one of the many reasons I'm more hyped for Siege of Dragonspear than this expansion.

Bester

⚰️☠️⚱️
Patron
Vatnik
I have yet to play a complex RPG without some performance issues at some point that use Unity.
That's mostly unrelated to Unity, there's just a strong correlation between poor financial situation of studios that decide to employ Unity and the quality of their programmers resulting directly from their financial situation.

Good news about Unity though. Unity's been working for almost a year on IL2CPP which basically will take all your c# scripts and turn them into c++ code, then compile it. It'll give you the performance of c++ basically.

http://blogs.unity3d.com/2014/05/20/the-future-of-scripting-in-unity/
http://blogs.unity3d.com/2015/05/06/an-introduction-to-ilcpp-internals/

ROARRR

Savant
Possibly Retarded
That's mostly unrelated to Unity, there's just a strong correlation between poor financial situation of studios that decide to employ Unity and the quality of their programmers resulting directly from their financial situation.

Good news about Unity though. Unity's been working for almost a year on IL2CPP which basically will take all your c# scripts and turn them into c++ code, then compile it. It'll give you the performance of c++ basically.

http://blogs.unity3d.com/2014/05/20/the-future-of-scripting-in-unity/
http://blogs.unity3d.com/2015/05/06/an-introduction-to-ilcpp-internals/
:greatjob:

No one is playing this or everyone is to busy playing to actually write anything? :) Hong Kong thread was full with comments compared to this.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

Achiman

Arcane
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech
First impressions so far:
- 5 gig download.... ok sure left it overnight
- Boot up, some notes about auto attacking etc ect.
-click continue, game loads up my save after beating thalanos or w/e the final boss name is....
- can't escape pit/final area, how do I get to new content?
-Read forums "oh you need to go back to an old save before the final area idiot!"

Alt-f4.

Not replaying the 2 hours-ish in the final area again, or losing the two levels my characters got.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
The expansion is available as soon as you get the stronghold, and the game generates an autosave called "pre-endgame" before you jump in the pit. I used that one.

Who the heck deletes his auto-generated final save, you know they're going to use that for something.

Achiman

Arcane
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech
Who the heck deletes his auto-generated final save, you know they're going to use that for something.

It's not deleted, also hardly a "final area save" There is about 15 trash mob fights and 2 full "maps" of content after that save.

Why should I have to repeat all that? Can't they give me a portal or some escape which lets me warp out of the final area? I don't care about the changes to the story panels after the final boss fight. It states in the end that you walk on the fuck out of there anyway...

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom