Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Eternity Pillars of Eternity + The White March Expansion Thread

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Additional features mentioned by Feargus at the PC Gaming Show (in addition to the big ones in the trailer):

Soulbound weapons
More dialogue ("more than we did in the main game", I think he's referring to companions)

abnaxus

Arcane
Patron
Soulbound weapons
k0w5ETD.jpg

Volrath

Arcane
Patron
They honestly don't give a flying fuck. That was it? That's the only thing Obsidian showed at this E3?

The company is fucked 6 ways from sunday. Now everyone understands why MCA jumped ship while he still could.

ArchAngel

Arcane
I think I will wait for reviews and a Steam sale. I will play SRR: HK, WL2EE and D:OS EE instead.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
They honestly don't give a flying fuck. That was it? That's the only thing Obsidian showed at this E3?

With all the other games it's the publishers' decision

Maybe there'll be more interviews and stuff, though.

Rivmusique

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
What is up with "Part1" ?

So you're gonna like step down into lvl2 and then message pops up : "This is end of part 1 ! Wait 6 months for lvl2 of stronghold ! in The White something part 2 "
Part 1 securing durgan steel-making forge/fort. Part 2 using it to beat on whatever enemy the narrator is worried about.

/my uninformed speculation.

Kz3r0

Arcane
Yeah they split the expansion into 2 x DLC
So from two planned expansions to one split in two.
Sure sign of great success and committment.
The new Heart of Winter will be worse than the predecessor.

Kz3r0

Arcane
More companions
Like Pallegina, no more MCA remember?
an expanded character development system
Sawyerism with added derp.
improvements to the stronghold
SSSSUUUUUUURRRREEEE.
If they removed it.
set of dungeon encounters created with all the lessons learned from the initial installment.
What lessons learned, Mr. Killjoy teaches other people he is not taught.
Fuck yeah, I'm excited.
:kingcomrade:

Volrath

Arcane
Patron
Yeah they split the expansion into 2 x DLC
So from two planned expansions to one split in two.
Sure sign of great success and committment.
The new Heart of Winter will be worse than the predecessor.

There were never two planned expansions AFAIK
That was the original plan yes. At least it was worded that way when they initially talked about it.

ONE expansion splitted into TWO parts or glorified DLC came after.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
That was the original plan yes. At least it was worded that way when they initially talked about it.

ONE expansion splitted into two parts came after.

They promised one expansion in the Kickstarter. Then much later, people noticed they were talking about a "first expansion", but they never actually said there was going to be a second one. My thinking is that for some time they were using "first part and second part of the expansion" and "first expansion and second expansion" interchangeably.

Bleed the Man

Arcane
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire

ONE expansion splitted into two parts came after.

They promised one expansion in the Kickstarter. Then much later, people noticed they were talking about a "first expansion", but they never actually said there was going to be a second one. My thinking is that for some time they were using "first part and second part of the expansion" and "first expansion and second expansion" interchangeably.

I doubt that they used the term interchangeably. If I remember correctly and not making shit up, (maybe in the interview where it was confirmed for the first time that the two parts would be free to backers who had access to it) Feargus still called this expansion "first expansion" when talking about dividing it into parts.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
I don't think so, but fuck it. If they make another expansion after the second part of this one then yay. They never explicitly mentioned one though

Perkel

Arcane
Infinitron is right.
Though i assume that split is because they want milk backers.

Why make expansion free for backers when you can split it in two and sell second part ?
It will be hilarious if this will be just Durlag Tower size and they will split it.
Already that fortress and forge screams Od Nua 1.1.

So you claim new fortress, do one quests finding owner. Rest of it is "managing" aka easy to do crap like "attacks", "stronghold quets" "visitors" etc.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
No, if they wanted to do that, they would have called it a second expansion and not a second part of the same expansion.

Bleed the Man

Arcane
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Seems like I was wrong. Found the interview I thought Feargus called it a first expansion, and he just mention working on "an expansion".

Infinitron is right.
Though i assume that split is because they want milk backers.

Why make expansion free for backers when you can split it in two and sell second part ?
It will be hilarious if this will be just Durlag Tower size and they will split it.
Already that fortress and forge screams Od Nua 1.1

Backers get the second part for free, so that's not the case. Feargus said as much, that I'm sure of:

It's going to be one full story that will go from part one to part two, but it's going to be two parts and anyone from Kickstarter that contributed will get both parts. They'll get the full expansion, but the best part is that they'll be able to play it early. We should have an announcement coming up soon."

http://www.shacknews.com/article/89...ity-its-early-success-and-its-first-expansion

Perkel

Arcane
No, if they wanted to do that, they would have called it a second expansion and not a second part of the same expansion.

Think for a second what you wrote.
Why split it in first place ? There is no reason to split other than making money from backers.

edit:

So i guess they will milk other people than backers then.

HEre is part 1 - 15$
Here is part 2 - 15$

They learned their lessons on FNV DLC

Kz3r0

Arcane

Think for a second what you wrote.
Why split it in first place ? There is no reason to split other than making money from backers.

edit:

So i guess they will milk other people than backers then.

HEre is part 1 - 15$
Here is part 2 - 15$

They learned their lessons on FNV DLC
More that they can't be arsed doing it, other projects take priority so they are pushing this one out of the door and leave the second part for another time.

felipepepe

Codex's Heretic
Patron
OR they are doing everything on a shoestring budget and just can't deliver a full expansion fast enough.

It's been almost 3 months since the game was released and barely anyone cares about it anymore... releasing an expansion in November, next to Fallout 4 and all the other pretty E3 boys would be suicide. Which makes it even more worrying that they still don't have a release date.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom