Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Eternity Pillars of Eternity + The White March Expansion Thread

Unwanted

Sextant

Unwanted
I know DEX affects everything equally, hence why I brought haste effects up, which don't, so if comparing DPS you should count them in. With how they stack 0% recovery in plate with 50% buff is easy, in durgan cloth permanently without.
I do "count" them in by just taking the frame numbers from the speed calculator for more complex situations. Dex in my sheet was only used before I found the calc online.
I made my sheet just to try and find out what weapon to give to Sagani and it escalated. I missed the stun-on-crit warbow even.

Thats cipher dps sheet doesnt look like realistic gameplay usage... Its like maxed out everywhere. But not taking Swift Aim for reloading weaps?
I mean, most of the game I ran in plate with fine arbalest with a lash, and thats it. Found like 5 Daom potions and used them only on the dragon fights.
And when I tried switching everyone to warbows, select-all-attack just didtn perform as well in the usual trash fights...

And the sheet I posted has been vandalized... Dmg ranges all over the place, etc. I wish there was an original somewhere...

Unwanted

Sextant

Unwanted
Can someone explain to me how people actually play dual wielding melee rogues on POTD?
Because mine dont survive 10 seconds out there... Random trashmobs obliterate them like nothing.

Parabalus

Arcane
Can someone explain to me how people actually play dual wielding melee rogues on POTD?
Because mine dont survive 10 seconds out there... Random trashmobs obliterate them like nothing.

Quite a chore. If you want melee rogue just give them Tall Grass for trash and switch to DW for bosses.

I played one with 3 CON on my first playthrough, sure you can drop extremely stuff fast but you have micro every minor fight. If you go dual stunlock weapons instead of sabers it's better but not worth the clicks/reward.

IHaveHugeNick

Arcane
They can survive quite well if you take some of the defensive talents and use double axes for extra deflection. But it will always require lots of micro.

the_shadow

Arcane
Arbalests rule because of the Prone on crit. I proned the Alpine dragon at least 3 times with a level 7 party/rogue on POTD despite all the Blind and Slicken from the wizard failing. Rest bonus, Devotion from priest and Eldrich Aim, topped of with 20% hit-to-crit conversion from abilities, 15 from consumables and Dire Blessing (it doesnt stack though... i think). Could have done even the Forge ench for even more Hit to Crit whcih is not about damage. Its just Prone Prone Prone pls. Would not have survived without the Prones.

Wow, I'd never noticed they proned on critical hits. I used to wonder why anyone would choose arbalests over pistols/arquebus', now I'm tempted to reinstall the game just to try them.

slymer

Augur
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2
Is there a mod that doesn't require me to be in "Scouting" mode to find hidden items? I hate having to sneak around in slow motion everywhere, but I don't want to miss any of that sweet loot. I also don't want to run around in fast forward all the time.

Quillon

Arcane
Is there a mod that doesn't require me to be in "Scouting" mode to find hidden items? I hate having to sneak around in slow motion everywhere, but I don't want to miss any of that sweet loot. I also don't want to run around in fast forward all the time.

Some patch removed scouting requirement for finding stuff but it might still have some effect I guess. You can use fast mode while sneaking tho.

2house2fly

Magister
That cohcarnage guy is playing the game now. So far,
You can indeed just say "I don't want to come back to life" and end the game right away

Unwanted

Sextant

Unwanted
So this guy is a massive trash like the whole fucking game.
PJ1g9Nx.jpg

He has this fugin thing on him and opens up the fight with Minoletas Concussive Missiles.................................................................... a lvl4 trash spell.
Its not even a backstab start, combat out of dialogue.
nWHgJHO.png

And then spends the rest of the fight like so, and when the veil wears off, he prone... didnt even cast the veil from the get go...
rHk8Lwj.jpg

Unwanted

Sextant

Unwanted
Now this fucker, is the first time I actually had to think a bit.
Cause those cute little wand boys cast Ninas Bitter Morning, all 4 of them. And even with Bullwark vs Elements and 2 Consecrated Grounds in parallel, you cannot outheal their min damage...
tsiJkW8.jpg

The required "thinking" was getting everyone outside, trigger the fight with the dog in range of all the 4 wands and let them spend their first cast of Ninas Morning on him, AOE hell afterwards. Such tactics!
RH6dyTW.jpg

If Concelgay wasnt immune to freeze, this "apprentice" would have assfucked him eezee.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
Concelfag was pretty meh for an archmage that lived a lot of years and was supposed to be super powerful.

LizardWizard

Cipher
Now this fucker, is the first time I actually had to think a bit.
Cause those cute little wand boys cast Ninas Bitter Morning, all 4 of them. And even with Bullwark vs Elements and 2 Consecrated Grounds in parallel, you cannot outheal their min damage...

If Concelgay wasnt immune to freeze, this "apprentice" would have assfucked him eezee.

Barb with Ydwen's Redeemer also trivializes that fight

Unwanted

Sextant

Unwanted
How is that fictional level 8 Barb supposed to survive 4 bitter mornings? Because its their first cast and you wont kill em in time.
I did tank them with a roided out Eder just chugging 100 hp potions and the rest dropping fireballs but that was too wasteful for me...

Comte

How is that fictional level 8 Barb supposed to survive 4 bitter mornings? Because its their first cast and you wont kill em in time.
I did tank them with a roided out Eder just chugging 100 hp potions and the rest dropping fireballs but that was too wasteful for me...

What class you rolling with?

the_shadow

Arcane

Why Level 8? Concelhaut is an optional end-game boss.

Parabalus

Arcane
Bit sad that Thaos doesn't use any WM spells, even if you upscale him. Just giving him access to Minor Avatar or Storm of Holy Fire would have made the final encounter much harder.
With better spell usage he could also easily buff himself up to 200+ Defenses , would be a great portrayal just how ridiculous PoE1 priests are.

Dunno why JES keeps the training wheels on purpose for the crit path since there is an opt-in button when you get asked to upscale.

Valtiel

Scholar
I don't remember shit about POE plot in preparation for Deadfire, where all the youtuber with plot summary and "lore" analysis:argh:

Unwanted

Sextant

Unwanted

Why Level 8? Concelhaut is an optional end-game boss.
Because otherwise the argument of a two hander that procs on hit vs vessels trivializing an encounter makes 0 sense? Level 16 wizard solo trivializes that encounter. See?
That two hander does not trivialize that encounter because its not killing the wands in 4 seconds if the barb is level 8 as is Eder for me.

Also, Concelgay is weaker than that apprentice cause he has idiotic AI...

At level 7 you have:
Devotion +20
Blessing +5
Rest +10
Eldrich Aim +15
= +40 to your base 50 Acc

So you have about a 85+% chance to Graze (Sawyer is a moron) on a Slicken or Blind or Prone and then its just stacking vs Reflex. I killed him on the first attempt but needed 3 tries to figure out the apprentice...

As for firepower, Kana (at level 6 for me) is not even a chanter. He is a caster that carries around items with spells per rest.
He alone has 6 fireballs, 6 sunbeams with crappier armor, 3 blizzards, 1 maggots, 2 spikes... That alone may be enough to kill a prone/blind Concelboy.

The Terminator Skelingtons with Citzals Lances... are a bigger problem but they focus the summons...

One time he actually got up and tried to heal himself but Aloth killed the summons :>
KYEkFA2.jpg

Last edited:

2house2fly

Magister
I don't remember shit about POE plot in preparation for Deadfire, where all the youtuber with plot summary and "lore" analysis:argh:
I was going to do one myself but couldn't be bothered. This video isn't very good but gets the basic details:

It's amusing that he literally doesn't pronounce a single character's name right

Unwanted

Sextant

Unwanted

What class you rolling with?
PC rogue, rest are normal companions.

Unwanted

Sextant

Unwanted
l just how ridiculous PoE1 priests are.
Yeah, priest paladin monk mix is probably the dirtiest group to fight, sprinkle some druids in and oh boy!

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom