Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Eternity Pillars of Eternity + The White March Expansion Thread

Trashos

Arcane
The only quest where I was truly unhappy with my options was Lord Harond's quest (Blood Legacy). One of the most obvious resolutions, returning the girl healthy to Lord Harond, which is what I was supposedly paid to do, was not even available.

Parabalus

Arcane
I'm still salty you couldn't imprison the noble who wants your castle. Or at least crucify him next to the keep entrance.

Self-Ejected

aweigh

Self-Ejected
its weird but somehow i still think character models look better in PoE 1 than in Deadfire. I dont know if it has to do with zoom or art direction or what but everything in Deadfire beta is just a lot noiser to look at than stuff in PoE 1.

its hard to explain because Im sure theyre reusing most of the models

Lacrymas

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath
PoE1 has awful, awful models that even clash badly with the backgrounds, I much prefer 2 in this regard.

Unwanted

Pequod

Unwanted
Brahs! I am trying to finish Pillars of Shit on my 3rd attempt but I cannot find my saves after I finished WM1! I found a save just before entering WM1.
Please, gib saves with finished quests of WM1 on POTD. I think one can still respec to whatever but I'll have to keep your items, but idc bout that by now.
Would be nice if you kept the ice dragon alive too. And no Craighold but I can play that with my party.

Version would be best 3.04.1165, or an earlier one on GOG 2.9.0.15 which might be the 3.0 release.

Self-Ejected

aweigh

Self-Ejected
i dont know what youre asking for but i think its for saves//

during my last PoE 1 playthrough i needed a save that had White March Pt 1 cleared AND was also in Act 3 (so I could jump into Pt 2 immediately) and I found one off some game site that specializes in providing save games for just this type of thing.

the website I found had a generic name something like video game saves or some shit like that and had a surprisingly detailed spec sheet for each save and its particularities. the site didnt mention whether the ice dragon was alive or not so that particular detail might be a deal-breaker (i never bothered going back into WM 1 to check something like that).

as for items and respeccing you can just spawn eveyrthing into your inventory once you get your save file using console commands until your party is like how you left it.

also remember that you can change to POTD difficulty using a console command (with IE Mod installed) and it affects all maps that havent been opened yet.

Self-Ejected

aweigh

Self-Ejected
if you get really desperate you can always complete quest content flags by using IE Mod console commands as well but youre gonna have to google quest flag listings and the console commands relevant and its a huge pain in the ass (plus possibility of creating glitches rises astronomically)

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
Why was this guy banned? Except that he posted nonsencial shit in multiple threads for a period of a few days? Was he an alt?

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014
For some reason they added four new DLC slots...: https://steamdb.info/app/291650/dlc/

Well, you can see there are many unused (or "unknown") slots so they could be nothing. But PoE1 still is Paradoxcial, so... get ready for Definitely Definitive Edition!

edit: Looking at other data for the DLC slots. These probably are for "one" DLC, and it's part of Definitive Edition: https://steamdb.info/app/830670/history/

Last edited:

Mexi

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck
Is Maneha a good companion? Her reason for joining seems so fucking random. I just met her, and I'm scratching my head as to the point of her character. Anyone?

Piotrovitz

Savant
Never took her on any playthrough, but barbarians in PoE with carnage + on-crit weapons like tall grass or rumbalt are always OPd as fuck.

santino27

Arcane
Patron
My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.
Is Maneha a good companion? Her reason for joining seems so fucking random. I just met her, and I'm scratching my head as to the point of her character. Anyone?

From what I understand, most of the hate for her is more due to her character than her viability in combat. I've never taken her with me because I'm always fairly melee heavy (eder, PC, itumaak or eder, PC, pallegina), but if she doen't annoy you, then have at it.

Prime Junta

First time I played WM2 I had Maneha onboard. Other than a really irritating voice actress she's not half bad. Certainly not mechanically.

That time around I used the Hellwax Mold to clone Spelltongue and had her dual-wielding them, using my priest and cipher to cast buffs on her on top of the barbarian self-buffs. It was lulzy, the buffs would stay up forever. She's the only reason I beat Concelhaut cold on the first try -- everybody else went down heroically but she just kept on truckin' and made it look easy. Talk about death by a thousand cuts... or jabs, in this case.

Hyperion

Arcane
She's a blue fish-person Barbarian that sounds like a Ford Windstar-driving Soccer Mom. Except nobody gets Pizza Bagels after a loss.

Sizzle

Arcane

Besides a really grating voice and forced happy-go-lucky attitude, she's the only character in the game that has an obvious "agenda" to her that got tacked on by the writers. She's gay, and will happily remind you of that fact every chance she gets.

Parabalus

Arcane

Besides a really grating voice and forced happy-go-lucky attitude, she's the only character in the game that has an obvious "agenda" to her that got tacked on by the writers. She's gay, and will happily remind you of that fact every chance she gets.

As far as "agenda" goes she's pretty innocuous, a few banters with Pallegina (which fit both characters IMO ) is all I can remember.
Would probably think differently if I hated her base character, for some reason I didn't find her any more annoying than the others.

Lacrymas

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath
We have to be able to separate between someone being gay and disclosing that fact and an actual agenda. Saying that you are not straight is not in-of-itself an agenda. Flirting with the same sex also isn't an agenda. I didn't take any companions, besides Durance, in my second and last run, so I don't know what Pallegina and Maneha are bantering about and whether that constitutes an agenda. We should also be able to separate between an agenda and just plain ol' bad writing.

Quillon

Arcane
My problem with Maneha is that she were never in the same party with Pallegina in my game, yet somehow she knew some of Pallegina's exploits first hand. Not very interesting character anyway.

Sizzle

Arcane
Gay characters can be done well. Arcade, for example - you wouldn't know he was gay at all if he didn't mention it off-hand in one of his dialogues. And that's just it, it's handled naturally.

On the other hand, Maneha has plenty of references to it - with Pallegina, Kana Rua, Devil of Caroc (maybe others as well, but those I definitely remember) - as well as in dialogues with the PC, and other interactions.

Now, I don't think it's agenda pushing the same way BioWare does it, but there isn't a whole lot to her character besides: lesbian, mercenary, giddy, Ondra. And it clashes with the rest of the characters.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom