Tacticular Cancer: We'll have your balls

1. Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.
    Dismiss Notice

Pillars of Eternity + The White March Expansion Thread

Discussion in 'Obsidian Entertainment' started by Perkel, May 29, 2015.

1. FreeKaner Prophet

FreeKaner
    Parrots:
    Click here and disable ads!
    Pallegina has unoptimised stats but her attack speed boost for the party is very strong, also unique to her.

• Agree Agree x 3
    ^ Top  
  2. Lacrymas Arcane

Lacrymas
    Parrots:
    Got everyone to level 7 and buffed myself with the Gift from the Machine and sacrificing Sagani, now onto White March to see what the fuss is all about. I must say, sacrificing your companion in such a horrific way is pretty damn cold, even for me. I hope the buff lasts in PoE2 when we import our save.

• Funny Funny x 1
    ^ Top  
  3. fobia Educated

fobia
    Parrots:
    Yeah, although Eothas' soul stealing (reason for your loss of power/levels), could affect that as well.

^ Top  
  4. Lacrymas Arcane

Lacrymas
    Parrots:
    I hope not, at least they should let us keep one of the buffs, so there's a tangible gameplay benefit from having played through PoE1.

EDIT: Did the Final Act quest and wow, it's so fucked up. I loved it and it shows that someone at Obsidian still has an artistically creative spark in them. It could've been explored more, but when talking about PoE you take what you can get.

Last edited: Jul 16, 2017 at 10:11 PM
    • Agree Agree x 2
    ^ Top  
  5. eXalted Savant

eXalted
    Parrots:
    I... have... missed that quest
    :what:

Stopped reading about it in the wiki. Saved for the next playthrough.

^ Top  
  6. Lacrymas Arcane

Lacrymas
    Parrots:
    Yeah, it's very easy to miss because the prerequisite is strange and you wouldn't remember to connect them. It makes sense, but the orlan is tucked out of the way so it's easy to fly over the radar after talking to Lady Webb.

Last edited: Jul 17, 2017 at 2:47 AM
    ^ Top  
  7. Quillon Scholar

Quillon
    Parrots:

• incline incline x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    ^ Top  
  8. Iznaliu Scholar

Iznaliu
    Parrots:
    Cruel is different from cruel.

^ Top  
  9. Lacrymas Arcane

Lacrymas
    Parrots:
    I actually avoided a fight with Gathbin's elf mercenary captain because I threatened her to make her suffer and she believed me due to my reputation. More of that please, that's White March content, though. She said she sees an intense darkness in my eyes, which was somewhat poetic and I liked it because of that.

• incline incline x 1
    ^ Top  
  10. Sannom Savant

Sannom
    Parrots:
    Technically, it's not White March content, it's patch 3.0 content.

• Agree Agree x 4
    ^ Top  
  11. Lacrymas Arcane

Lacrymas
    Parrots:
    So, Od Nua level 7. There are 4 adragans spam summoning blights, 2 animat priests buffing everything, a bunch of spectres and a bunch of animat soldiers and the battle seems impossible. Any tips or am I simply underleveled? Everyone is level 8.

^ Top  
  12. pomenitul Educated

pomenitul
    Parrots:
    I waited until level 10 before tackling that fight on PotD but my party consisted exclusively of story companions so your mileage may vary.

^ Top  
  13. Lacrymas Arcane

Lacrymas
    Parrots:
    The problem is the adragans casting Lightning Storm or whatever the name was, the one which stuns you constantly. I don't have the prayer against stuns yet.

^ Top  
  14. pomenitul Educated

pomenitul
    Parrots:
    Litany Against Major Afflictions (level 6) works but it's single-target only. Stun-happy opponents remain a nuisance throughout.

^ Top  
  15. Lacrymas Arcane

Lacrymas
    Parrots:
    I have 2 priests, so that's not a problem :p If the Lightning Storm didn't exist I could easily take them by blocking the doorway, but those chain stuns wreck me. And sometimes Dominate. I simply can't do anything with this fight, so I'll get to a higher level then come back.

Last edited: Jul 17, 2017 at 10:03 PM
    ^ Top  
  16. Prime Junta Arcane

Prime Junta
    Parrots:
    Adragans are scary but they're relatively fragile. Just hit 'em with all you got. Also, now's the time to use your summons and scrolls.

I don't recall exactly how I beat that fight but I don't remember having all that much trouble (a couple of reloads maybe), and I'm pretty sure I was below level 10 -- I guess around 8 or thereabouts. If you breezed through Raedric like you say, I'm pretty sure you have what it takes to beat it -- I had a lot harder time with that one.

^ Top  
  17. Starwars Arcane

Starwars
    Parrots:
    I can't really remember the fights in the Od Nua paths but I do remember some of them being quite a bit harder after... some patch (3.0 or some patch after). There was one fight where I felt like the difficulty spiked quite a bit, might've been that one.

But yeah, eh... get a level or two and come back and stomp it.

^ Top  
  18. Lacrymas Arcane

Lacrymas
    Parrots:
    Just beat it, I had to make a larger hole in the blockade so more enemies could come through and get slaughtered faster, and get to the adragans. Had to kill the blights asap, though.

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  19. IHaveHugeNick Arcane

IHaveHugeNick
    Parrots:
    Druid-like are generally the hardest fights among the trashmobs. Lots of annoying AOE that fucks your squishies and summons make it hard to take out priority targets quickly.

• Agree Agree x 1
    ^ Top  
  20. Lacrymas Arcane

Lacrymas
    Parrots:
    The OP spells you use against the mobs turn out to be OP when used against you as well, surprise, surprise.

• Fabulously Optimistic Fabulously Optimistic x 1
    • Balanced Balanced x 1
    ^ Top  
  21. Lacrymas Arcane

Lacrymas
    Parrots:
    Beat the tough Fampyr fight, with only 1 knocked out char even. It was pretty intense with 4-5 reloads. I had to split my team up and position them properly, kill the wizards with the initial attack and then micro the fuck out of the priests to be able to control the battlefield. The paladin is a mountain of a tank, unless she gets paralyzed she just won't go down, which is great. The bear companion was key, it held the bridge marvelously while my ranger and cipher were raining down death and afflictions.

What I liked about this is if you've learned Engwithan from Incantha you can actually speak with the lead fampyr and avoid a fight altogether. I didn't want to, because I won't deprive myself from a good fight, lots of xp and a pretty great armor, but it was a nice bit of C&C.

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    ^ Top  
  22. Prime Junta Arcane

Prime Junta
    Parrots:
    He's a dick. Also the very definition of the oppressor, how could a priest of Skaen not want to painfully murder him?

• Agree Agree x 1
    ^ Top  
  23. Make America Great Again Parabalus Arcane

Parabalus
    Parrots:
    If you can't kill the Adragans etc. quickly enough just charm/dominate them, then they mass stun their friends since they keep the buff from the storm. Works wonders against chanters too.

^ Top  
  24. Prime Junta Arcane

Prime Junta
    Parrots:
    BTW Lacrymas, I think you may be getting both the best and the worst of having a slightly offbeat party (two priests, no wizard). Some fights are a lot easier, others somewhat harder. I do rely on my wizard's crowd control a quite a lot, and no other class does that quite as well.

^ Top  
  25. fobia Educated

fobia
    Parrots:
    How do you play your Skaen Priest Lacrymas?
    Is he pure support or do you use the Skaen specific talents for melee? Dual wielding stilettos?

^ Top  

(buying stuff via the above buttons helps us pay the hosting bills, thanks!)