Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Eternity Pillars of Eternity + The White March Expansion Thread

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Feargus
DEVELOPER

@HyphenC - We have probably come down to the end of the road with doing a lot more updates to Pillar 1. However, we are talking about doing one more patch to catch a lot of those little things. I don't have an ETA on it though.

2house2fly

Magister
There's only two minor bugs I've noticed in my current playthrough, and iirc they've been in the game since launch so they're probably unfixable.

• Characters' voice clips will sometimes not play at the right time. I've only really noticed this with Calisca, the voice clip will start a few words in.
  • Hovering over an item will sometimes cause its text box to flicker. I think this is something to do with font size, certain sizes making the game unsure whether to make the text box 99 pixels tall or 100 pixels tall and just cycling between them, but I don't know.
  • Oh, Sagani will probably reassure me that we'll catch Thaos, well before anyone in the party knows who Thaos is. When I first played Pillars 2 years ago this was the first indication I got that the game would even have a villain.
There are probably more mechanics bugs that I'm not noticing because I don't pay enough attention in the moment to make sure Blessing is actually increasing my accuracy or whatever. In a system like this I can see those being very hard to catch.

ushas

Savant
I think that's just if you complete WM1 but not WM2. One ending to the WM2 main quest which I have no idea how to get is
Ondra rescues you personally, and says "gods are forbidden to meddle in the affairs of mortals, so don't tell anyone about this"
I don't have experience with this ending, but just from looking into conversation files, it looks like what you are saying might be the last outcome in the sequence of possibilities. So you have to pass several conditions to end there:
1. Player volunteers.
2. Player's constitution < 19 (otherwise he will manage to safe himself)
3. Player doesn't have the helmet (obvious)
4. The souls are bound to the Durgan's Battery either way in WM1
(White Forge quest end != 0, otherwise also Lagufaeth can safe the player)
5. And there were no other companions in the party, so it's done solo
(otherwise, I think PC drowns, if all the above conditions are met, but not also this one, but I'm not totally sure)

I think the sequence then goes like this:
You thrash in the dark water until the cold locks your muscles. You can't tell up from down, and all around you feel the sharp, slick angles of stone.
You are trapped.

Suddenly, you feel a current of warm water at your back.
A voice like lapping waves whispers in your mind.

"I told you before that it would be better for all you have seen to be forgotten."

"Forget this, as well. Gods do not intervene for the sake of mortals."
The water pushes you like a hand toward the ghostly light of the surface.

At last, you reach the shallows.
You punch through a thin crust of ice and crawl ashore, trembling but alive.
But I don't have suitable save to test it.

2house2fly

Magister
There's only two minor bugs I've noticed in my current playthrough, and iirc they've been in the game since launch so they're probably unfixable.

• Characters' voice clips will sometimes not play at the right time. I've only really noticed this with Calisca, the voice clip will start a few words in.
  • Hovering over an item will sometimes cause its text box to flicker. I think this is something to do with font size, certain sizes making the game unsure whether to make the text box 99 pixels tall or 100 pixels tall and just cycling between them, but I don't know.
  • Oh, Sagani will probably reassure me that we'll catch Thaos, well before anyone in the party knows who Thaos is. When I first played Pillars 2 years ago this was the first indication I got that the game would even have a villain.
There are probably more mechanics bugs that I'm not noticing because I don't pay enough attention in the moment to make sure Blessing is actually increasing my accuracy or whatever. In a system like this I can see those being very hard to catch.
An hour after I posted this I talked with Hiravias, and when I said "let's talk about something else" he repeated it, and then when I asked him about wild orlans in Eir Glanfath he ended that dialogue by giving his spiel about the Fisher Crane tribe, which is meant to be in a different section of his dialogue. So that'll teach me to run my mouth.

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014
http://kotaku.com/i-wrote-a-book-about-the-making-of-uncharted-4-star-wa-1792635169

For the past year, I’ve been reporting and writing a book full of stories about how video games were made. Today, I’m psyched to announce Blood, Sweat, and Pixels, a look behind the scenes of games like Uncharted 4, Star Wars 1313, and many more. It’ll be out on September 5.

[...]

Here’s the full list of games this thing covers:
  • Stardew Valley
  • Diablo III
  • Destiny
  • The Witcher 3
  • Halo Wars
  • Pillars of Eternity
  • Dragon Age: Inquisition
  • Shovel Knight
  • Uncharted 4
  • Star Wars 1313

The book is apparently under 300 pages, so I'm not sure PoE section could contain something Codexers/Obstalkers don't know about.

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
In case anyone is interested, the IE mod people have released a version that's officially compatible with PoE 3.05, on Feb 8.

Iznaliu

Arbiter
Here’s the full list of games this thing covers:
  • Stardew Valley
  • Diablo III
  • Destiny
  • The Witcher 3
  • Halo Wars
  • Pillars of Eternity
  • Dragon Age: Inquisition
  • Shovel Knight
  • Uncharted 4
  • Star Wars 1313
Seems like a bit of a random selection of games to me; by the way, by would they feature a cancelled game in there?

Haplo

Prophet
Patron
Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Well, I've just started TWM, so let's see what's all this fuss about.

But so far, when playing trough vanilla PoE, my biggest surprise has been how fleshed out the Caed Nua keep feels.
When I played the game after release, I remember the stronghold feeling like an empty shell. But now stuff keeps happening there all the time. It's actually quite busy. And I find myself liking it.
What a strange thought. The stronghold used to be one of the major disappointments/cases of overextending the Kickstarter promises. But now it feels quite great IMO.

Felix

Arcane
I love those of the Stronghold guests,

A slaver came to me to seek help with his slaves and I just casually said 'I decided you should be hang', make you truly feel like some asshole feudal lord lol

Quillon

Arcane
And this is the afterthought version of the stronghold. Imagine if they had integrated it in the story from the start...

Pillars 3 stronghold hype!

Bleed the Man

Arcane
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
I love those of the Stronghold guests,

A slaver came to me to seek help with his slaves and I just casually said 'I decided you should be hang', make you truly feel like some asshole feudal lord lol

They even made the effort to show it in the actual stronghold, which I only discovered in my last playthrough:

20170220221327_1_zpsc5pccopm.jpg

Look at him hanging, it's great.

Last edited:

2house2fly

Magister
Well, I've just started TWM, so let's see what's all this fuss about.

But so far, when playing trough vanilla PoE, my biggest surprise has been how fleshed out the Caed Nua keep feels.
When I played the game after release, I remember the stronghold feeling like an empty shell. But now stuff keeps happening there all the time. It's actually quite busy. And I find myself liking it.
What a strange thought. The stronghold used to be one of the major disappointments/cases of overextending the Kickstarter promises. But now it feels quite great IMO.
You'll probably find that there aren't as many areas and quests as you'd expect in White March 2, or as many steps as you'd expect to the main quest, and the reason is that while they were making it they were also pouring a ton of resources into the stronghold to flesh it out. It actually probably benefitted from being worked on so late, because after feedback from the main game there's a lot more focus on unique items and scripted storybook cutscenes.

Parabalus

Arcane
They even made the effort to show it in the actual stronghold, which I only discovered in my last playthrough:

20170220221327_1_zpsc5pccopm.jpg

Look at him hanging, it's great.

One thing I felt was lacking was the option to mount Gathbins head on a spike/the walls outside your fortress. Or just hang to hang him on the other side of the archway, the guy above seems lonely.

Grotesque

±¼ ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Patron
Vatnik
Divinity: Original Sin Divinity: Original Sin 2
I am currently replaying PoE 1 with the White March expansion. I didn't even get into the expansion content yet and I am already level 9 with my party and at the rate I am taking xp ( 3 bounties completed, all quests completed in Defiance Bay, level 5 Caed Nua), I will be reaching level cap way earlier before completing the game content.
This shit again? I thought this was addressed in the patches! :argh:

Is there a mod that increases level cap beyond 16 and does it interfere with steam achievements?

Jarpie

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 MCA
I am currently replaying PoE 1 with the White March expansion. I didn't even get into the expansion content yet and I am already level 9 with my party and at the rate I am taking xp ( 3 bounties completed, all quests completed in Defiance Bay, level 5 Caed Nua), I will be reaching level cap way earlier before completing the game content.

Is there a mod that increases level cap beyond 16 and does it interfere with steam achievements?

iemod, you can increase 25%/50%/etc xp requirements.

Grotesque

±¼ ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Patron
Vatnik

iemod, you can increase 25%/50%/etc xp requirements.

I've installed the IEMod as you said.

What is the best option to choose from the XP nerf table to reach the max level of 16 just about when finishing the game and all the additional content?
25%, 33% or 50%?

And what's up with the mod option - Pallegina's favoured disposition?
By default it's all on benevolent setting
What is her disposition in the vanilla game? I don't want that to be changed.

Last edited:

Prime Junta

And what's up with the mod option - Pallegina's favoured disposition?
By default it's all on benevolent setting
What is her disposition in the vanilla game? I don't want that to be changed.

She doesn't have one.

NPC paladins don't follow the disposition rules. Their disposition-dependent stats progress by level. IE mod lets you change this.

(IMO this is stupid and wrong though, as disposition is your personal reputation, not the party's, and making it so will change NPC paladins into an extension of you rather than their own characters.)

Grotesque

±¼ ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Patron
Vatnik
Why I can't access the stash in Caed Nua??
it's my own place for God's sake!

santino27

Arcane
Patron
My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.
Why I can't access the stash in Caed Nua??
it's my own place for God's sake!

You have to repair the main keep first.

all constructions are built

I'm not sure what you mean by stash. There's your inventory stash (which is accessed per usual through the inventory) and there's the treasure chest/vault thingy that's in the room just to the right of the throne room, but it sounds like you mean something else?

Dorateen

Arcane
The inevntory stash cannot be accessed during dungeon exploration. So once you start descending into the mega-dungeon, you will not be able to get items from the stash, only each charatcer's personal inventory, if I am remembering correctly.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom