Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Eternity Pillars of Eternity + The White March Expansion Thread

I call dibs on the expansion review.
Real or not?
Darth Roxor will be doing the real review.

We can do a roundtable review, with Roxor focussing in-depth on the game mechanics, Grunker on the broader implications for the card game and PnP spinoffs, and me focussing on the story aspects.
Darth roxors review had two paragraphs on the mechanics and the rest of the 12(?) pages were story...

Space Satan

Arcane
Vatnik
PoI is like Baldur's Gate 1. I hope expansion will be like BG2. A fully developed story with much needed fixes in various aspects of the game.

Forest Dweller

Smoking Dicks
Making it an addition to the main game rather than a follow-up is a sure way to make sure I won't play it.

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
Heart of Winter had more interesting writing than base Icewind Dale. :cool:

(some might say it's because Avellone came up with the plot and wrote more for it)

Lhynn

Arcane
Heart of Winter had more interesting writing than base Icewind Dale. :cool:

(some might say it's because Avellone came up with the plot and wrote more for it)
Dunno if more interesting, but more involving and engaging for sure, which is how it should be when it comes to games.

Jimmious

Arcane
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Good news :)
I'd like a reason to replay this with a rogue(which is missing so much everywhere that you actually believe you were meant to play as one from time to time)

rado907

Savant
Screw the expansion. Make sequel. And do it properly.
Edit: Ah, what the hell. If we had Tales of Sword Coast and Trials of Luremaster and whatever, we can have a PoE expo.

dragonul09

Arcane
Edgy
Let's hope this time will drop the overly descriptive dialogue,i mean i don't give a fuck if an npc pokes his nose or ass while i talk to him,i just don't want to know for fuck sake.Planescape had a balance between descriptive text and dialogue and it was interesting for a change.
They need to make some big changes in the story/writing department.

Renegen

Arcane
I hope you can turn into a vampire with this expansion, or a werewolf.

PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Serpent in the Staglands Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
I'm pretty sure these expansions are the Fallout: New Vegas style where they take you to a new map.

Perkel

Arcane
It won't be expansion.
Instead probably will be new game.

Update #98: The Bard's Tale IV and Update 1.06
By BAdler on June 2, 2015 12:00 AM
Update by Brandon Adler, Lead Producer

Hello, everyone. I have two exciting bits of news for you today. Our new update is now live and our friends at inXile just released a Kickstarter for a new Bard's Tale!

So we don't leave you all in the cold on the Pillars of Eternity expansion, we just might (wink, wink... nudge, nudge) have some stuff to talk about after E3 (week of June 22nd) and we'll also have some really cool news to talk about with Update 1.07.

Looks like it will be either new game from them or one of their other project 'dex doesn't give shit about.

Morkar Left

How do you come up with the idea it would be a new game from this announcement?

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
The last time they promised they have exciting news, it was news about them making a card game. So, brace yourselves...

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
With Avellone gone it'll probably be Fenstermaker's Folly part two.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom