Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Eternity Pillars of Eternity + The White March Expansion Thread

Prime Junta

Are there any quests known to break savegames?

Not in a long time. Your experience sounds extremely unusual. Report it on Obsidian's feedback forum?

Turjan

Arcane
Are there any quests known to break savegames?

Not in a long time. Your experience sounds extremely unusual. Report it on Obsidian's feedback forum?
I guess the report would be extremely unhelpful, as I did lots of quests between those savegames.

Edit: I just remembered that Eder's dialog bugged out. He had the dialog bubble on display when I was in First Fires, only visiting the Crucible Keep. He had a few new lines, but the dialog bubble reappeared when I left First Fires. He didn't have anything to talk though, and the bubble didn't go away (unlike Bubbles).

Last edited:

Turjan

Arcane
I just noticed that you can have inadvertently two instances of the game open. The game crashed after the text adventure sequence inside Cliaban Rilag. The window collapsed and the game was unresponsive. The main game then restarted by itself (with the Obsidian logo intro). Only after a while of playing I noticed that the other process was still open. Fortunately, the saves are okay, as the other instance probably didn't try to access anything anymore.

Anyway, I'm nearly done with Defiance Bay now (well, much of it a second time), and the quests there were quite enjoyable. I noticed that I probably didn't follow the intended sequence, given how, after the Dyrford area, Defiance Bay has been mostly a breeze so far.

By the way, I followed the suggestion to respec my druid from resolve to perception some time ago, and it made a noticeable difference in effectiveness. I switched out a few talents though, too.

Tigranes

Arcane
In general, the game is a breeze after reaching DB, though upscaled WM content now provides some challenge.

Turjan

Arcane
Can anyone tell me whether Longwatch Falls in White March pt.1 is locked until a certain point in the story? I ask because it's inaccessible in my game.

Sentinel

Arcane
I don't recall having to do anything to access it. I just grabbed the quest in town that told me to go through it and off I went.

Sentinel

Arcane
I can't find anyone having problems accessing Longwatch Falls on google. What exactly happens? Icon to travel doesn't show up? Clicking it doesn't do anything?

Turjan

Arcane
The icon is there, but it's not doing anything when I click on it. Other icons react to a cursor hovering over it, this one doesn't.

Edit: Doesn't this map get updated in White March II? I still have some hope that it will fix itself at some point. Maybe.

Sentinel

Arcane
You are trying to access it through the eastern path in Stalwart, right?
Try switching the game to full-screen and see if it works.

Turjan

Arcane
TheSentinel: I'm already using fullscreen mode. Thanks for trying to help though.

It's locked, it will unlock later. I ran into the same question and also thought it was a bug. But it's not.
Ah, thanks. I'll finish Durgan's Battery then first.

Edit: They should have greyed this out like on the main map.

Last edited:

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
Question for those who have completed the megadungeon after 3.0:

Do the levels get more interesting after level 7? During my first playthrough, the rote nature of fights was on account of my being overleveled, but now when I'm fighting everything either at or below the level intended and needing to use a lot of per-rest resources, it's still boring because every level only has one or two encounters designed for it with slight variations. By contrast, I'm still enjoying the increased difficulty of going through the critical path at the lowest level possible. As much as I want to see Vithrack, I'm wondering if it'll be better to just abandon Od Nua and stick to the crit path up until Burial Isle, then take on bounties.

Shadenuat

Arcane
Do the levels get more interesting after level 7?
No, patching couldn't fix what was always dead.

And I'd say final boss is not unique anymore. The "fun" whatever there might be is not worth grinding through trash. It is overshadowed by new fights in expansions that offer better encounters.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Question for those who have completed the megadungeon after 3.0:

Do the levels get more interesting after level 7? During my first playthrough, the rote nature of fights was on account of my being overleveled, but now when I'm fighting everything either at or below the level intended and needing to use a lot of per-rest resources, it's still boring because every level only has one or two encounters designed for it with slight variations. By contrast, I'm still enjoying the increased difficulty of going through the critical path at the lowest level possible. As much as I want to see Vithrack, I'm wondering if it'll be better to just abandon Od Nua and stick to the crit path up until Burial Isle, then take on bounties.

Level 7? You haven't even met Cabiros. You might want to finish Heritage Hill and learn Engwithan before you do that, though...

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
TEP shouldn't even be compared to Durlag's or Watcher's. They have nothing in common except being areas in a game that also has monsters. Your enjoyment of TEP hinges solely of your enjoyment of the combat.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
IMO The Endless Paths are good™, because they're the one place in vanilla PoE that really feels detached from the mundane current concerns of the Dyrwood. They're able to deliver a broader, more epic vision of the setting that reaches back into the distant past and the secret places of the world. It's only in the last levels that this really sinks in, though.

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
(I like a few of the encounters, but compared to the sprawling puzzles, unexpected weirdness, glorious loot, wondrous locales and miniquests of Durlag/Watcher's, TEP is a barren container of endless monsters and nearly nothing interesting... and loot isn't even all that in Durlag's)

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
(I like a few of the encounters, but compared to the sprawling puzzles, unexpected weirdness, glorious loot, wondrous locales and miniquests of Durlag/Watcher's, TEP is a barren container of endless monsters and nearly nothing interesting... and loot isn't even all that in Durlag's)

I'm not comparing it with those dungeons. I just think it serves an important purpose in expanding the scope and vision of the setting as seen in the game. Does Eora have anything like Underdark Illithid colonies and other such things? If you don't play The Endless Paths, you won't know. It's fun to be a discoverer.

Last edited:

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
You don't need 15 levels that make up nearly 1/4 of the game's content to tell that. You're basically letting TEP off the hook for all the shit on its cost-side by pointing to the diminuitive benefit that it has a minute bit of interesting fluff that could have been delivered, way, waaaaaaaay less obnoxiously

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom