Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Eternity Pillars of Eternity + The White March Expansion Thread

Perkel

Arcane
https://eternity.obsidian.net/eternity

https://af.gog.com/game/pillars_of_eternity_definitive_edition?as=1649904300
https://af.gog.com/game/pillars_of_eternity_the_white_march_expansion_pass?as=1649904300

http://m.uk.ign.com/wikis/e3/Games_at_E3_2015

Infinitron attention

zfpFmy5.jpg

:hype::happytrollboy::happytrollboy::happytrollboy::happytrollboy:

Last edited by a moderator:

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
That's good to know, though not incredibly surprising. Why couldn't they mention that in their Kickstarter update yesterday along with the stupid card game plug?

Latro

Arcane
That's good to know, though not incredibly surprising. Why couldn't they mention that in their Kickstarter update yesterday along with the stupid card game plug?
Probably knew people would fling shit before the expansion news and that nobody would notice -after- an expansion announcement.

Perkel

Arcane
God willing, this will be the Mask of the Betrayer expansion for Pillars.

Ib4 Od Nua expansion:

- New things to build
- Repair system !
- You can hire 12 people now
- several more different people you can have in your stronghold
- 2 more shops. One with standard non magical weapons. Second with standard non magical armor

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
They already said it will be like tales from sword coast. It's not a new capmaign, just couple more dungeons.

It seems somewhat unlikely that a game with a 15 level megadungeon will choose to just add more dungeons in its expansion. By "Tales of the Sword Coast type expansion", they may just mean that it will add areas to the existing game, which may not necessarily be dungeons. Heck, even the actual TotSC added a town, small though it was.

Anthedon

Arcane
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
I hope they flesh out Defiance Bay. It feels very empty compared to Baldur's Gate. The same goes for the stronghold, it was very much an afterthought during my playthrough.

Perkel

Arcane
Yeah i don't think they will be able to do MotB like expansion in few months.
On other hand if they have their engine now completely figured out and pipeline...

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
I call dibs on the expansion review.

May be worth waiting for both expansions to be released, especially since it was described as a "one expansion in two halves" kind of thing, but I suppose we'll see. They do have to make that first half a worthwhile purchase all on its own.

Athelas

Arcane
Maybe they'll conclude the first part with some kind of cliffhanger...

...the C&C of which may or may not be ignored/railroaded in the second half.

I'm surprised to see the expansion being showcased so soon. I guess they weren't kidding about being able to make environments really fast now.

Self-Ejected

Bubbles

I'm forever blowing

May be worth waiting for both expansions to be released, especially since it was described as a "one expansion in two halves" kind of thing, but I suppose we'll see. They do have to make that first half a worthwhile purchase all on its own.

I'm interested in seeing how they're going to go about it. The BG2 expansion was something you could do after finishing the main game, while the BG1 expansion not only asked you to restart or reload an earlier save, but basically didn't change the game experience at all until you reached the mid-levels. There's some fine expansionology to be applied here.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member

I'm interested in seeing how they're going to go about it. The BG2 expansion was something you could do after finishing the main game, while the BG1 expansion not only asked you to restart or reload an earlier save, but basically didn't change the game experience at all until you reached the mid-levels. There's some fine expansionology to be applied here.

Actually, if you had a Final Save in vanilla BG1, the TotSC installer helpfully converted it, transporting your party to the expansion town. Little-remembered fact nowadays.

Also, in BG2, Watcher's Keep was accessible in SoA, so ToB is actually both kinds of expansion!

Self-Ejected

Bubbles

I'm forever blowing
Real or not?
Darth Roxor will be doing the real review.

We can do a roundtable review, with Roxor focussing in-depth on the game mechanics, Grunker on the broader implications for the card game and PnP spinoffs, and me focussing on the story aspects.

Actually, if you had a Final Save in vanilla BG1, the TotSC installer helpfully converted it, transporting your party to the expansion town. Little-remembered fact nowadays.

Also, in BG2, Watcher's Keep was accessible in SoA, so ToB is actually both kinds of expansion!

I think I started a new playthrough when TotSC came out, so I never made use of the conversion. The PoE expansion is supposed to have TotSC's scope (only for the first part, or with both combined?), but the balancing side will be much tricker; if you consider how much direct and indirect (through major bugfixes) balancing is still going on right now, and combine that with raising the level cap (basically assured at this point), you're looking at a massive increase in balancing effort. You'll probably need to do either a free full party respec or a replay of the base game by the time they've established a new balance. I am prepared for either.

Ulrox

Arbiter
They already said it will be like tales from sword coast. It's not a new capmaign, just couple more dungeons.

What I took from it was that it would be about as big as tales from the sword coast. Which wasn't very big, and then later on the real expansion would come. So I'm guessing that we're heading to cliffhanger city, with cliffhanger plot and cliffhanger cliffhangers. Something which black isle was very fond of doing with baldur's gate dark alliance.

Zeronet

Learned
Didn't they mention they were doing a 'quick' expansion and then a bigger one? I just hope they've learnt the lessons from the extensive feedback, it was a good fun experience but it could be better. I also recall hearing the stronghold was on the block for some love.

Self-Ejected

Bubbles

I'm forever blowing
Didn't they mention they were doing a 'quick' expansion and then a bigger one?

"We've always been planning to do an expansion and the way we're really looking at it is that it needs to be a meaty expansion," Urquhart explained. "It needs to be this old-school expansion, not some DLC that's two or three hours of gameplay. What it looks like we're going to do, because this kind of expansion can take a while, we're going to split the expansion into two parts. It's going to be one full story that will go from part one to part two, but it's going to be two parts and anyone from Kickstarter that contributed will get both parts. They'll get the full expansion, but the best part is that they'll be able to play it early. We should have an announcement coming up soon."

http://www.shacknews.com/article/89...ity-its-early-success-and-its-first-expansion

Crooked Bee

(no longer) a wide-wandering bee
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire MCA Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Retweeted by Brennecke so I guess that confirms it.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom