Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Preview Pillars of Eternity: The White March Companion Videos

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Tags: Bobby Null; Carrie Patel; Eric Fenstermaker; Obsidian Entertainment; Pillars of Eternity; Pillars of Eternity: The White March

With Pillars of Eternity: The White March due to release next Tuesday, Obsidian have released promotional videos for the game's two new companions, Zahua and the Devil of Caroc. The videos are narrated by the companions' respective writers, Eric Fenstermaker and Carrie Patel, and also include gameplay snippets and some nice music:

Zahua comes from an order of monks who "make themselves disgusting and engage in anti-social practices". A new contender for the title of most Codexian companion? We shall see.

Update: Here's another video, narrated by Bobby Null, which showcases the expansion's new areas - the village of Stalwart, Durgan's Battery and Cragholdt Bluffs:

According to the video, Cragholdt is home to "one of the great archmagi of Eora". BG2-style mage battle confirmed?

Seari

Arcane
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
I wish the game didn't suck because the graphics really are gorgeous.

Unwanted
Douchebag! Shitposter
That second writer can't help but sound uninspired. Who would be for her fanfictions? It must help that she also has the same qualifications and life experiences as Hamburger Helpler.

Deleted member 7219

That second writer can't help but sound uninspired. Who would be for her fanfictions? It must help that she also has the same qualifications and life experiences as Hamburger Helpler.

Lay off. She's working for Obsidian and she did a lot of the writing for PoE. Comparing her to Jennifer Derpler is a low blow, someone has to really deserve it to have that thrown at them.

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
Hepler actually wrote some Shadowrun adventures and contributed to other P&P books. No judgment on Patel (aside from how she's friends with my frenemy), but her bibliography is much sparser than that.

Fenix

Arcane
Vatnik
Yep, this Zahua guy, his name sounds pretty funny in Russian, I think localisators will change it like that was with Drizzt loooooooooooooool.

Fenix

Arcane
Vatnik
Ahaha, no, much worse, can't explain, you need someone with better language skill, if someone visit this thread, I hope he take this task.
I can only say that in Russian Drizzt hahaahahalol localized now and forewer as Dzzirt.
Poor elf, with that name he has no nobility at all.

Hamster

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex USB, 2014
what does drizzt mean in russian? cock?
Drist = anachronism for diarrhea
Drysch' = weak and skinny guy

Zahua sounds like a combination of zachem (why or for what purpose) and hui (dick), the guys name is basically "fucking why?"

Last edited:

Crescent Hawk

Cipher
And she wrote Sagani. That alone should tell enough.

Sagani is a complete train wreck of a character, no matter how many years she spent searching that guy in a more "civilized" region, the way she talks and her quest are ridiculous. She is a god damn eskimo, she should be a bit more primitive.
The other characters didnt bother me but sagani just solidified what the game was going to be at that part.

And I exited the game and started playing King of the dragon pass to clean my soul.

Hamster

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex USB, 2014
Sagani is a complete train wreck of a character, no matter how many years she spent searching that guy in a more "civilized" region, the way she talks and her quest are ridiculous. She is a god damn eskimo, she should be a bit more primitive.

I strongly suspect they wrote Sagani after watching too much Legend of Korra, hence the way she talks.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Hey look, another video:

Cragholdt final battle confirmed for BG2-style mage encounter?

PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
New companions? Cool, I'll never talk get to use them though. Too busy playing the game by myself.

Jedi Exile

Arcanum
Patron
Project: Eternity Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Yep, this Zahua guy, his name sounds pretty funny in Russian, I think localisators will change it like that was with Drizzt loooooooooooooool.

His name is not pronounced like it is written. It actually sounds like 'Zaua', so I don't see any potential problems with his localization.

Seari

Arcane
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
I remember reading of immunities being added to enemies. Are they adding them to vanilla as well, and what kind of immunities are we talking about?

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Do we know if new companions would be able to go into vanilla locations or vanilla companion into DLC locations?

Yes and yes, with full conversation interjections and everything. Or so they promise.

I remember reading of immunities being added to enemies. Are they adding them to vanilla as well, and what kind of immunities are we talking about?

http://jesawyer.tumblr.com/post/125232883136/hi-josh-im-greatly-enjoying-pillars-of-eternity
http://jesawyer.tumblr.com/post/125279970376/so-what-turned-the-tide-in-favor-of-implementing

Fenix

Arcane
Vatnik
It actually sounds like 'Zaua', so I don't see any potential problems with his localization

Maybe, but it looks silly, if someone ever try to find something about game in English, this name would be ridiculed forever.

Last edited:

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
Fire blights are now immune to piercing weapons, much to the disappointment of goons. Ranged weapons are now completely worthless against 'em (except implements, which are kinda weak if you're not a wizard).

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom