Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Pillars of Eternity Released

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Tags: Obsidian Entertainment; Pillars of Eternity

Two and a half years of development. Almost 2000 pages of Codex discussion, full of hope and rage. Of all the fruits of Kickstarter, none has had an impact on our site like Obsidian Entertainment's spiritual successor to the Infinity Engine games, Pillars of Eternity. And today, over twelve years since the release of the last original Infinity Engine title, it's finally here. Obsidian haven't yet released any new Kickstarter update in honor of this occasion, but there is a launch trailer:

I should mention that the game is reviewing extremely well - it's clearly going to be both Obsidian and Paradox's highest rated game ever. Here's a list of all the reviews and impressions pieces we were able to find:
Hopefully, our own review won't be a long time coming. For now, let us rejoice, for the heirs of Black Isle Studios, after a decade of eking out a meager living in the shadows of BioWare and Bethesda, have finally taken their rightful place at the top of the roleplaying genre. Pillars of Eternity is now available on Steam, GOG and various other digital retailers for the price of $45.

Last edited by a moderator:

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA
Trending on Twitter (even beating Bloodborne), #1 on Steam Congrats Obsidian!

iAjVtLQXYtifu.gif

Dukatenscheisser

Educated
Do I smell incline? :D

According to steam reviews, NO!

this game should have cutscene or something .....what year is this ? or at least animated movement instead of just lazy book-view thing..

where is the minimap ? should be default listed, and quest log ?
there should be "follow" for controlled character

At least it has achievements.

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA

According to steam reviews, NO!

this game should have cutscene or something .....what year is this ? or at least animated movement instead of just lazy book-view thing..

where is the minimap ? should be default listed, and quest log ?
there should be "follow" for controlled character

At least it have achievements.

I guess Ea/BioWare are making troll reviews on steam?

Morkar Left

What's wrong with you fags? Can't you already start bitching how shitty it is? Otherwise I might start to think that the game is ...good. And that's such a disgusting word to use on the codex.

commie

The Last Marxist
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2
What's wrong with you fags? Can't you already start bitching how shitty it is? Otherwise I might start to think that the game is ...good. And that's such a disgusting word to use on the codex.

Don't worry, give it another day....just like with W2 and D:OS.

Really though, it brought a smile on my face from the first moment. It's like 1998-2002 all over again in High Res!

Rivmusique

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
I get to go to a net cafe to download this, oh joy! Pretty excited to play. Here's hoping the RPG messiah has delivered for the faithful.

Trash

Pointing and laughing.
Finally where able to play through the start of the game. If the quality keeps up they nailed it. It's pretty fucking awesome so far. The attention to detail in pretty much every aspect is, well, amazing.

There are some trademark Obsidian glitches to be found though. Enabled big head mode for a laugh and quickly turned it off. Kept encountering the occasional big head npc's (live and dead) afterwards throughout the map. Also some odd graphical artefacts that went away after fiddling with the options for a bit. Will see how that turns out.

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
the start didn't impress me, that's for sure

let's see if city action and muh quests are any better, but i'm not holding my breath

Publishers are going to be seriously pissed off if it turns out the incline can be profitable! Hope it will be enough for 2 games. Enough of russian sholeware!!
:drink:

Apexeon

Arcane

When Tim Cain is put in charge of the Turn based version we will smell it.

Ok OE you have the cash now unleash the the Cain to rain the pain on decline.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom