Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Preview Pillars of Eternity Presentation at PAX East 2015

Anthony Davis

Blizzard Entertainment
Developer
I think it was in reference to what I said about the stronghold back in December or January. Hahaha, no one was mad.

This? :

http://www.rpgcodex.net/forums/inde...ull-game-impressions-unmarked-spoilers.96472/

"The Stronghold: I'll be honest, the Stronghold didn't really do it for me. Yeah, the buildings get better and repaired which is nice. Followers walk around, which is neat. I never got an invasion, which was a bummer. On the plus side, it didn't feel like I was being forced to do anything and it didn't bother me. It does look nice and I think for people who like Strongholds more or dig into it deeper, it might be better."

Oh that. Ok, yeah.

It's a lot better than that now.

Unwanted

Kalin

Unwanted
Dumbfuck Zionist Agent
"So! Sawyer butchered his ideas, but Tim says he likes the sawyerized stronghold too!"

This proves nothing! St. Timothy is a gentle soul, more tactful than the Japanese businessman stereotype. He wouldn't say that he hated the sawyerized stronghold because unlike most people, he can always see the good in everything, even inferior products. Heck, he even said he enjoyed Fallout 3-Dawg! Doesn't change the fact that there is evil at work though.

Deleted member 7219

Pretty sure Tim Cain is going to be given lead designer on the next Kickstarter.

Maculo

Arcane
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Pathfinder: Wrath
If Roguey is devotional to Sawyer, and Kalin is devotional to Tim Cain, who covers Chris Avellone?

Pretty sure Tim Cain is going to be given lead designer on the next Kickstarter.

I would like to see this come true.

hiver

usrJt20.jpg

Zorba the Hutt

crawlkill

Kill all boxed game owners. Kill! Kill!
She is not even a proper member of the same race. Of course a writer can invent anything to force this cheap paradox in so the whole deal seem deeper but "poor people fucked over by the state/politicians/system" is nowhere near the description of her life which is much more personal rejection on a far deeper level.

oh, shit, I didn't notice you were hiver.

I didn't say "only poor people can be patriotic when it's stupid for them to be." it's just that in the US that's one common example of a group who get fucked over by a nation who are nonetheless superpatriots for no rational reason. head-in-the-clouds veterans are another common subset, although thankfully once they get half their limbs blown off they often seem to come to a more cynical understanding of their nation. the point is that it's quite possible to be irrationally attached to your homeland, even when all sense would tell you you shouldn't be.

but again, haven't watched it, so maybe this specific instance really is dumb. then again, it's you complaining about it, so I'm guessing it's not.

Sensuki

Arcane
Codex 2014 Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong A Beautifully Desolate Campaign
Yeah, apparently Sensuki threw me under a bus or something over at the Obsidian Forums about some comment I made about the old Stronghold. :)

If that's how it came across, it wasn't intentional (sorry!). I was referring to your thread here where you posted that you weren't really feeling the stronghold. We were speculating on the OE boards whether there was anything more to do than interact with the Stronghold interface itself and whether you could interact with the visitors in person rather than just interact with them through the menu. I made a statement on the OE boards saying something like "If this is the case, I think maybe I understand what Anthony Davis meant when he said the stronghold wasn't that impressive" or somewhere along those lines. It was just an offhand comment - did they actually bring it up to you lol?

Here is the thread in mention: http://forums.obsidian.net/topic/70830-pax-east-stream-feedback-thread/

Brandon Adler posted shortly after stating that the visitors are present at the Stronghold in the great hall and you can interact with them but they don't have extensive dialogue.

One of the best things I liked about the BG2 Strongholds were the Stronghold specific quests. Some were better than others, but I hope that the PE Stronghold has quests associated with it too, other than the Warden's Lodge bounties ... because then otherwise it just feels like an optional mini-game rather than having integration with the core mechanics of the game ... which are in Pillars of Eternity - doing quests.

What I and others have seen of the Stronghold leaves us feeling a little bit apprehensive.

Last edited:

Copper

Savant
She is not even a proper member of the same race. Of course a writer can invent anything to force this cheap paradox in so the whole deal seem deeper but "poor people fucked over by the state/politicians/system" is nowhere near the description of her life which is much more personal rejection on a far deeper level.

I didn't say "only poor people can be patriotic when it's stupid for them to be." it's just that in the US that's one common example of a group who get fucked over by a nation who are nonetheless superpatriots for no rational reason. head-in-the-clouds veterans are another common subset, although thankfully once they get half their limbs blown off they often seem to come to a more cynical understanding of their nation. the point is that it's quite possible to be irrationally attached to your homeland, even when all sense would tell you you shouldn't be.

but again, haven't watched it, so maybe this specific instance really is dumb. then again, it's you complaining about it, so I'm guessing it's not.

Wait, I thought you were German? Confused. Are you Sawyer?

hiver

too late now sunshine.

I didn't say "
Whatever you said was stupid since like usual you are talking out of that asshole in your skull.

but again, haven't watched it,
Thats right, your making an argument from ignorance. Like a scum stupid retard that you are.

so maybe this specific instance really is dumb. then again, it's you complaining about it, so I'm guessing it's not.
:)

guess again.

Anthony Davis

Blizzard Entertainment
Developer
Yeah, apparently Sensuki threw me under a bus or something over at the Obsidian Forums about some comment I made about the old Stronghold. :)

If that's how it came across, it wasn't intentional (sorry!). I was referring to your thread here where you posted that you weren't really feeling the stronghold. We were speculating on the OE boards whether there was anything more to do than interact with the Stronghold interface itself and whether you could interact with the visitors in person rather than just interact with them through the menu. I made a statement on the OE boards saying something like "If this is the case, I think maybe I understand what Anthony Davis meant when he said the stronghold wasn't that impressive" or somewhere along those lines. It was just an offhand comment - did they actually bring it up to you lol?

Here is the thread in mention: http://forums.obsidian.net/topic/70830-pax-east-stream-feedback-thread/

Brandon Adler posted shortly after stating that the visitors are present at the Stronghold in the great hall and you can interact with them but they don't have extensive dialogue.

One of the best things I liked about the BG2 Strongholds were the Stronghold specific quests. Some were better than others, but I hope that the PE Stronghold has quests associated with it too, other than the Warden's Lodge bounties ... because then otherwise it just feels like an optional mini-game rather than having integration with the core mechanics of the game ... which are in Pillars of Eternity - doing quests.

What I and others have seen of the Stronghold leaves us feeling a little bit apprehensive.

Hahaha, no, no one said anything mean. Just some ball busting going on - which is cool. I wasn't angry at all.

J_C

One Bit Studio
Patron
Developer
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
Weasel
I like the way even a guide to torture devices is pc, with "his or her" at every turn so nobody feels excluded.

Anthony Davis

Blizzard Entertainment
Developer
Watched a little bit of it on youtube, didn't really dig the companions they talked about.:(

I would probably be shocked if there is anyone who doesn't like Eder. He is well voice acted, and he's pretty down to earth. The wizard, Aloth, is pretty damn funny. He's a little bit like Sand fro NWN2 but he has a real problem.

But then again, what do I know? I was convinced everyone would HATE Atton Rand in Kotor 2 because of the voice acting and I was 100% wrong.

(note: im not even pretending to spell these companion names correctly)

Maculo

Arcane
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Pathfinder: Wrath
I would probably be shocked if there is anyone who doesn't like Eder. He is well voice acted, and he's pretty down to earth. The wizard, Aloth, is pretty damn funny. He's a little bit like Sand fro NWN2 but he has a real problem.

But then again, what do I know? I was convinced everyone would HATE Atton Rand in Kotor 2 because of the voice acting and I was 100% wrong.

(note: im not even pretending to spell these companion names correctly)

I had a similar impression. Eder and Aloth were my favorites based on the presentation. In contrast, I disliked Pallengine and Hiravias.

Copper

Savant
Wait, I thought you were German? Confused. Are you Sawyer?

I'm a German-speaking American. we do exist. why did you think I was German?

So you ARE Sawyer.

I don't know, probably just you translating something on the forum, combined with a certain Germanic attitude.

On companions, I'm optimistic, and glad we're seeing fresh ideas from Eric, as opposed to 'Everyone likes betrayals! And wise crazy old women!' Ironically the only character I disliked in MotB was the Dove.

Cosmo

Arcane
Project: Eternity

Frankly those two characters were the most likeable of the bunch.
And yeah Atton was not that good : part Han Solo, part brooding assassin, with a glimpse of cheeky teenager, he wasn't the most well-defined of characters.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom