Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Development Info Pillars of Eternity Kickstarter Update #96: "The Road to Eternity" Making Of Documentary Released

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Tags: Brandon Adler; Obsidian Entertainment; Pillars of Eternity

Obsidian released a small Pillars of Eternity Kickstarter update today to announce that the full "Road to Eternity" Making Of documentary has been released to backers and buyers. Actually, it's been available on the backer portal since almost two weeks ago, but now you can get it on Steam and GOG too. I quote:

The long wait is over! We have officially released our documentary, The Road to Eternity. The documentary covers everything - from before the Kickstarter to after the game's release. It was an incredible journey, so take a look if you have the time.

Our next update will come when we release our next patch in a couple of weeks.

Addresses

We are shipping out game DVDs to tiers that get physical disc rewards very shorty. To ensure that your DVD will go to the correct location, please make sure your address is updated on our site. Next Tuesday, May 26th is the final cutoff to make sure that you have your address entered correctly.

Documentary

To access your documentary reward head over to your Products page on the Backer Portal. From the "Making Of Documentary" entry you can click the "Watch Video" button. If you prefer to download the documentary directly you can do so on Steam, GOG or Origin. In the future we will allow direct downloads from the Backer Portal. Steam and Origin currently have the documentary live and GOG should have the documentary live in the next day or so.

If you would like more information about redeeming rewards on the Backer Portal please check out our previous updates.
The update also contains a shameless plug for some books written by two Obsidian employees...but no Bard's Tale IV shoutout? Tsk, they'd better make up for that when the Kickstarter launches.

mastroego

Arcane
I trust the documentary to be balanced, even though meant for single viewers, and to maintain each viewer's interest awake right until its end.

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
It doesn't make sense to plug a Kickstarter that doesn't exist yet. Most people wouldn't remember.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
How do you download this from Steam?

Restart Steam. It'll come as a patch for the game and end up in its directory.

So I can't download it separately from the game? :/

Not on Steam, I guess.

It doesn't make sense to plug a Kickstarter that doesn't exist yet. Most people wouldn't remember.

That's probably true, but it's not like they had anything better to do with this update. :P

tuluse

Arcane
Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong
I found the documentary pretty underwhelming. DoubleFine's was a lot better.

There is a lot of statements that could be interpreted as whining about not having a publisher.

The most interesting information is that Fenstermaker was splitting time between South Park and PoE for a while, and well, it shows.

Pegultagol

Erudite
Well damn me if I'd not want these guys keep making games. Tim Cain stands while he works, a gentleman and scholar of monocles and high taste like Ben Franklin and Hemingway.
Aside from that it is good to see who were behind the game, although it was more a series of talking heads than actual fly on the wall type unscripted or unchecked moments.

Sensuki

Arcane
Codex 2014 Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong A Beautifully Desolate Campaign
I found the documentary pretty underwhelming. DoubleFine's was a lot better.

There is a lot of statements that could be interpreted as whining about not having a publisher.

The most interesting information is that Fenstermaker was splitting time between South Park and PoE for a while, and well, it shows.

yeah it felt more like propaganda/very controlled what was talked about, whereas the DF one the doco was more 'indepedent' I guess.

POOPERSCOOPER

Prophet
I saw the documentary, it felt well made but it was a bit disappointing not hearing from some of the superstars like MCA and Tim Cain only had a small bit in it.

Athelas

Arcane
Well they did butcher Chris' good content, so I wouldn't be surprised if he doesn't return to the project.
That would be very odd considering his colleagues have undoubtedly 'butchered' his content before. It's just one of the perils of game development.

As a co-owner of Obsidian I imagine he has quite a bit of freedom about what to work on and he doesn't seem to be all that interested in PoE though.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom