Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Pillars of Eternity Kickstarter Update #95: Patch 1.05 Notes

Suicidal

Arcane
https://www.obsidian.net/component/poll/30-poe-favorite-companion

Dead last.

Josh also said he wasn't surprised to see Eder as the most popular character, since he was designed to be your friend, the Varric of Eternity.

Eder was ok, but I am surprised he's the most popular - I personally preferred durance and grieving mother.

I'm not surprised he's the most popular. While I personally prefer Durance and Kana, I think Eder is probably the best example of the "normal human soldier guy" companion I've seen in an RPG. He's very chill and friendly, likes to be a witty cunt from time to time without overstepping it and being obnoxious, has a tragic past but doesn't whine and bother you about it too much and doesn't make me cringe. Most importantly he has a very positive outlook on life and when another one of my companions asked him about it he said something like "sure, I had it rough, but what's the point of angsting over it now, I'd rather hope for a better tomorrow". He's not very deep or original but damn I'd happily go adventuring with him any day. He's basically a trademark Bioware companion done right.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom