Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Pillars of Eternity Kickstarter Update #95: Patch 1.05 Notes

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Tags: Adam Brennecke; Brandon Adler; Obsidian Entertainment; Pillars of Eternity

I normally don't post news about patch changelogs (cuz it's kind of boring) but since Obsidian went to the trouble of making a video for the new Pillars of Eternity 1.05 patch, it must be important. The accompanying Kickstarter update has the details:

Good news, everyone! We have a brand-spankin' new patch for you.

This is a big one. Patch 1.05 features hundreds of bug fixes, balance changes, and new UI features. There are many minor fixes that are not listed in these notes.

We anticipate that 1.06 will be shipping out later this month. 1.06 will continue the trend of adding in new features, balancing existing gameplay, and fixing bugs important to the community.

New Features

• You can now rename save games.
  • You can now change the portrait and sound set of characters from the character sheet. Click on the gear icon to open the customization window. You can only use this feature on player characters and hired (non-companion) characters.
  • New Stash sorting. You can now sort stash by item type, enchant score, and sell value.
  • Added a Latest News feature on the main menu to keep you informed on patches and Kickstarter updates.
  • Added a new color for unique items in the inventory.
  • Added a new hotkey for switching weapon sets on selected characters.
  • You can now bind extra mouse buttons to Ability hotkeys.
  • There's a new option to reset newly recruited companions to level 1 (without losing the experience). This will allow you to level up companions to your liking.

The patch also comes with a host of bugfixes and balancing tweaks, which you can read about in the full changelog. No sleep for the Sawyer!

Volrath

Arcane
Patron
I was insulting your obsession with posting front page articles about PoE.. and your rebuttal was to post more articles about PoE..?
What the fucking am I reading :lol:
I don't know what you're reading but I'm reading:

:butthurt:

thank you for the quick update! I like this patch a lot. Loving that they are pushing the features from Wasteland 2 to PoE. ( loot system and selection of multiple players circle ). It seems devs this days really care for patching games up. Remember when Troika couldn't release the patch for Temple of Elemental Evil because of Sierra?

RK47

collides like two planets pulled by gravity
Patron
Dead State Divinity: Original Sin
I normally don't post news about patch changelogs (cuz it's kind of boring) but since it's Pillars of Eternity

Fixed' :roll:
infinitron.jpg

AbounI

Colonist
Patron
important note from the newsletter:
Physical discs are being printed for shipping now. One reason for waiting was so we could get the 1.04 patch as the base build on the disc. You should start seeing your discs in the next few weeks.

At least, the physical backer edition will be shipped soon :lol:

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
Hey, lay off Infinitron guys. I for one am happy that development hasn't ceased after the reviews came out and the current beta is firmly above 50th place on Steam. You have to admit this is a very respectable position for a game which is still at this stage in development.

I'm keeping my fingers crossed for Obsidian and hope they will manage to release a 1.0 version of the game around Christmas this year. After all, we've already paid for it, so let's wish them luck.

It's satisfying to watch the continuous trial and error cycles until the final game turns out polished and balanced enough in order to be enjoyed by audiences different than casuals and journos.

I'm hoping that the work on balancing the game continues, so that by BB version 800-something we will have a completely different ruleset than in BB 508, that got pushed on march 26th, and choices of classes, talents, and difficulty will have more of an effect on gameplay.

The impressions I have of functions like the Stash (that's the common inventory), the stealth/traps mechanics, and the Stronghold are also very positive, and I hope they'll finish these on time as well.

Did I say I'm absolutely in awe of the attention to detail -- imagine, we'll be able to name our savegames in the final game. Just like in the IE games, right.

All in all, it's shaping up like an interesting game. The coming months will tell us more.

Sensuki

Arcane
Codex 2014 Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong A Beautifully Desolate Campaign
FS: 1 x Signed Collector's Edition of Pillars of Eternity with Signed Collector's Book, Audio CD and Playing Cards

Naraya

Arcane
Not sure why everyone hates on Pallegina. I mean, she's not OP but she's strong enough and she's quite adorable as a companion. I mean the paladin class overall as well.

Loving the update btw, being able to sort stuff was a long overdue feature. Now if only Bester woke up and updated IEMod I would be very happy :)

Naraya

Arcane
Oh, well anyway - there is news on Nexus so the update should be up soon. I find it really hard to play without fast scouting mode and other fixes.

Deleted member 7219

The documentary is available in full to backers on the Eternity website. http://eternity.obsidian.net

I've watched about an hour of it so far. Interesting discussions from Justin Bell (audio director) and Eric Fenstermaker (a true bro, needs no introduction here).

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom