Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Pillars of Eternity Kickstarter Update #88: Release Date - March 26th

J_C

One Bit Studio
Patron
Developer
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
Presumably the central plot of the game will concern the question why people continue to build houses on top of this structurally unreliable substance.
Really? I thought Adra is super tough, it can defy the laws of physics. :troll:

Duraframe300

Arcane
Looks way more structured than the meetings I have at work (I work for a software company).

Sawyer looks like he's aged 20 years, Brandon Adler looks like a frat boy, Eric Fenstermaker does not look like the image I had of him in my head (for some reason I thought he was fat). It is good to see what he looks like though, he's a total bro in terms of the stuff he's contributed to Obsidian games in the past (a lot of Fallout: New Vegas was from him).

He appeared before during NV's development and a very short moment during the Kickstarter. He was nearly running away there. Initially I thought he was shy, though maybe was just South Park work.

Heres the nv video

http://www.g4tv.com/thefeed/blog/po...n-exclusive-look-fallouts-darkest-quest-ever/

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Ziets, Fenstermaker...working as a narrative designer at Obsidian will emaciate you.

Anybody got a photo of Jeff Husges?

Deleted member 7219

So who is going to finish GTA5 in 2 days so they have a free slot in their schedule and play PoE?

If PoE is like every other Obsidian game apart from Dungeon Siege 3 (interesting story, but tedious focus on combat) and SoZ (hey, let's throw away everything that made MotB great!), I'll gorge myself on it until I've consumed every last bit.

Abu Antar

Turn-based Poster
Patron
Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Not made by me.
9Uzfqa5.gif

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Press Release said:
STOCKHOLM — January 14, 2015 — Paradox Interactive and Obsidian Entertainment today announced that Pillars of Eternity, the role-playing game (RPG) inspired by timeless classics and funded directly by dedicated fans, has a firm release date set for March 26, 2015. Pillars of Eternity will be available at retailers worldwide, and eager fans and backers will be able to experience the game they have been promised.

“Everybody at Obsidian has been dedicated to ensuring that Pillars of Eternity is the game we said it would be ever since we launched the Kickstarter campaign,” said Feargus Urquhart, CEO of Obsidian Entertainment. “The community has been incredibly forthcoming with their feedback, and we want to thank all of our fans for being so engaged with the game’s development – and for giving us the time to implement their suggestions and ensure Pillars of Eternity is a game we can be proud of. We’ve used that time well, and the results will be worth the wait. The end is finally in sight, and our journey is nearly complete – at which point yours can begin.”

As the game nears completion, a selection of never-before-seen content from Pillars of Eternity will be revealed via a live stream, hosted by Josh Sawyer, the game’s Project Director. Sawyer will take viewers on a journey through the world of Pillars of Eternity to show what has been accomplished since the release of the backer beta. The live stream will air Thursday, January 15, at 1pm PST (21.00 GMT), here: www.twitch.tv/paradoxinteractive

“Joining Obsidian for this process has been very rewarding,” said Fredrik Wester, CEO of Paradox Interactive. “We’ve always known that, given the opportunity, the developers would be able to make Pillars of Eternity into the game we’ve all been waiting for; we’ve got several backers of the game on our own team. That’s just what we’ve done: we’ve allowed Obsidian to dedicate their attention completely to the creativity and quality of Pillars of Eternity, while we’ve offered our honest feedback, enthusiasm, and full support by handling all the other facets of launching a game that go beyond development.”

Pillars of Eternity is an RPG inspired by classic titles such as Baldur’s Gate, Icewind Dale, and Planescape: Torment, which features an original world and game system that evokes and improves upon the traditional computer RPG experience. Funded via Kickstarter in late 2012, raising $4.5 million through both backer pledges on Kickstarter and Obsidian’s own website, Pillars of Eternity has been a project of passion both for the development team and for the loyal fans who have made it possible.

Abu Antar

Turn-based Poster
Patron
Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
I will be thinking about the game all day at work. I know combat isn't at its best, but I have a feeling I will like the game either way. I haven't felt this way since the campaign was ongoing. But that release date makes things more real.

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
Josh looks too much like Mike Laidlaw when he's chunked out, his hair grown out, and wearing glasses. :(

What did I say? 29 months. I sure hope this one is far more stable than all the other Kickstarter RPGs made in 29 months; prove me right, Absurdian.

Noticed that Adler dodged the question about whether the physical copy will require Steam-unlocking. And the fact that they're using Steam-DRM at all (as opposed to just-unlocking like Wasteland 2, D:OS, and so on) is a failure, though it seems like it's a Paradox-enforced failure, and an odd one at that, considering GOG.

tuluse

Arcane
Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Paradox's own games, while Steam exclusives now, don't use Steam DRM either.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
It's more likely that he just doesn't know/doesn't want to commit without being sure.

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
Paradox's own games, while Steam exclusives now, don't use Steam DRM either.
I guess Feargus is just being dumb then. Someone (not me) should ask Obsidian if they have any good reason at all to use Steam DRM because I can't think of any.

Edit:
It will probably just be patches that players can download from the Backer Portal or the Obsidian site.
Nice, no Steam problems for me. :cool:

dukeofwhales

Cipher
I guess Feargus is just being dumb then. Someone (not me) should ask Obsidian if they have any good reason at all to use Steam DRM because I can't think of any.

Steam DRM (Steamworks) comes with Achievements and Trading Cards, does it not? It's all bullshit but I'm sure it does drive sales amongst idiots. Or can you have those without actually using the DRM functionality now?

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Steam DRM (Steamworks) comes with Achievements and Trading Cards, does it not? It's all bullshit but I'm sure it does drive sales amongst idiots. Or can you have those without actually using the DRM functionality now?

Always could, AFAIK

tuluse

Arcane
Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong
You can have them without the DRM, but you don't get said cards or achievements unless you play the game through steam (somewhat obviously).

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom