Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Pillars of Eternity Kickstarter Update #69: Pledge Management Portal, Gameplay Teaser, Interviews

J_C

One Bit Studio
Patron
Developer
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
But damn, pillars?
Games shoud grow up not just in content, graphics and writing, but in names. If a book and tv series can be called Pillars of the Earth (which are awesome btw), then a game can be called Pillars of Eternity. Not everything should be called "warz, monsters, pain, fire, ice, assault, warfighter, lords, death etc". Stupid cool names are boring.

J_C

One Bit Studio
Patron
Developer
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
I dunno, maybe because I'm not a native english speaker, but it doesn't sound more awkward to me than Planescape: Torment for example.

Delterius

Arcane
I know it doesn't really matter, but I can't be the only one hating the name.
Of course, KOTOR 2 and MotB had pretty dreadful names or subtitles too, so we know it's not important to success. But damn, pillars?
It actually seems to make a lot of sense. After all, the game deals with souls. It also deals with reincarnation, though the nature of either is a mystery. The protagonist witnesses something supernatural that throws him into a brave new world. And, naturally, the cycle of life, death and reincarnation is eternal since souls themselves should be immortal.

So yeah, we are literally going to discover the Pillars of Eternity.

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
The pillars are both figurative and literal considering the pillars of adra.

Self-Ejected

Excidium

P. banal
Also the acronym fucking sucks, if you google for PoE anything you'll probably get Path of Exile stuff forever.

Blaine

Cis-Het Oppressor
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy
Where the fuck have you been? Your absence has been p. shit.

9a52a53232.png

He had himself banned so that he wouldn't waste any more time on the Codex.

Blaine

Cis-Het Oppressor
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy
The XenForo search function became complete garbage some months back, so I can't really blame him.

It's bizarre, because before that, it was fantastic.

Doctor Sbaitso

SO, TELL ME ABOUT YOUR PROBLEMS.
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Grab the Codex by the pussy Serpent in the Staglands
I don't get it, Doctor Sbaitso. Did you do a search for "Excidium" and just reply to the first post you found? O_o

I honestly have no idea how I ended up in such an old thread, thinking it was current and that he had just posted. I also wondered how he can be self-ejected but still post. Must be mid-life catching up with me.
:negative:

EDIT - actually it must have been when I visited the PoE subforum for the first time. EDIT2 - actually not the case, I loled.

Doctor Sbaitso

SO, TELL ME ABOUT YOUR PROBLEMS.
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Grab the Codex by the pussy Serpent in the Staglands
I got little verklempt, but the cheesy thumbs pulled me back.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom