Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Pillars of Eternity Kickstarter Update #69: Pledge Management Portal, Gameplay Teaser, Interviews

J_C

One Bit Studio
Patron
Developer
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
The should avoid Inon Zur like the plague. Go to DA for that noise.
Inon Zur did very good on IWD2. DAO wasn't that good though. Although still not bad IMO.

Sensuki

Arcane
Codex 2014 Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong A Beautifully Desolate Campaign
I think that the problem is that it wants to be big, epic, hence the big orchestra.

I'm no musician (and hence can't read music) but it seems he's re-doing the melody? (if that's the right word) used in the Kickstarter pitch like Lord of the Rings reuses that particular bit (you all know the one) over and over, as if that is the go-to piece for Pillars of Eternity. If that is the case then I'd be a bit disappointed because it's not very good.

Frusciante

Cipher
Project: Eternity
"An error occurred processing your order. Please try again later."

I tried a couple of times today and that's all I'm getting. Is the site struggling with the traffic right now, or is it just me? Does anyone else have problems managing their pledge?
'
Happenned to me as well. Tried a few times every hours and eventually it worked. Must be site overload.

J_C

One Bit Studio
Patron
Developer
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
I think that the problem is that it wants to be big, epic, hence the big orchestra.

I'm no musician (and hence can't read music) but it seems he's re-doing the melody? (if that's the right word) used in the Kickstarter pitch like Lord of the Rings reuses that particular bit (you all know the one) over and over, as if that is the go-to piece for Pillars of Eternity. If that is the case then I'd be a bit disappointed because it's not very good.
Yes the trailer music is based on the KS music, no doubt about that. I hope the game music will be different.

I also like that the weapons and armour pieces are all fairly realistically scaled and not comically oversized like certain faggots did for Chaos Chronicles because it wouldn't otherwise be visible from camera distance. Such rubbish.

They should've gone for Project Pillars as the final name. Also, animations look like ABSOLUTE SHIT. Look at the PARTICLE FX, wtf is this 1999?

If only.

Scruffy

Ex-janitor
Patron
Codex 2012 Torment: Tides of Numenera Codex USB, 2014
They should've gone for Project Pillars as the final name. Also, animations look like ABSOLUTE SHIT. Look at the PARTICLE FX, wtf is this 1999?
it's probably just a matter of upgrading the voodoo2 drivers man, don't sweat it.

The Bishop

Cipher
Music in the trailer is fine. Composition is good, but arrangement is poor and like everything else in this trailer it simply lacks polishing.

bonescraper

The should avoid Inon Zur like the plague. Go to DA for that noise.
The music from the trailer is shit. You should ask Sawyer to write another country song, since everything he does is pure excellence.

And that's Inon Zur.

BTW I are confuse. Release date: Winter 2014?

What the fuck does that mean? The game is far from being finished, they just announced some additional stretch goals, and they still want to release it in 4 months? I smell bullshit.

Unless they want to release it in the last week of December 2014. That makes just a bit more sense.

Decado

Old time handsome face wrecker
Patron
Codex 2014
Why would anyone mention the quality of animations or spell effects? Isn't it painfully obvious that the game isn't even close to being done? Jesus. Codexers gonna codex.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
What the fuck does that mean? The game is far from being finished, they just announced some additional stretch goals, and they still want to release it in 4 months? I smell bullshit.

Unless they want to release it in the last week of December 2014. That makes just a bit more sense.

:lol: It is one of those options, yes.

PatataFamilia

Novice
I loved the trailer, but it's still very much a work in progress. I think tonally they made a bit of a mistake trying to sell it as an epic fantasy instead of an exploration/adventure game. It'll be both in practice, but we've seen epic fantasy so much that it's falling on deaf (or at least numb) ears.

Also wish they had shown wichts, feathered skydragons, and skuldr in the video.

norolim

Arcane
Everything about the trailer is good, considering the production stage. We'll see how things really stand when they release a gameplay video.

Severian Silk

So, since the name change occurred I guess we can start referring to the game as PoE instead of PE.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom