Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Pillars of Eternity Kickstarter Update #69: Pledge Management Portal, Gameplay Teaser, Interviews

Severian Silk

Looks surprisingly good! Nice backdrops, nice looking effects, so so animations but a very strong Temple of Elemental Evil vibe with the Icewind Dale art style; definetly a very worth succesesor the the IE games and thankfuly no TB or not TB BS here because everybody"s on the same page.
Looks abot still 6 months into 2014 with probably some beta testing err superdemo ohhh limited access whatever by april
Definetly looking foward to it!
I wish the game were made in TB instead of RTwP.

deuxhero

Arcane
Ai, would have donated in a heart beat if it was turnbased. RtwP is a horrible system, I avoid it whenever I can.

I'll still probably pick it up when it's released mind you, but I'm not looking forward to the combat.

DalekFlay

Arcane
Patron
That looks pretty damn amazing to me. Don't get the issues some have with the characters, they blend in perfectly IMO.

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA
Good trailer. Not great.

The art style is very nice, but the choppiness of the animation looks off, kind of jarring.

Backgrounds look superb, character models and their details are excellent. Spell effects mostly look fine, but again need some work.

Can't wait for the game, very hyped to play a true sequel to the IE series.

You need to try harder. Just FYI.

Cynic

Arcane
Just being honest bro.

I was more impressed by the short Torment vid during the KS for some reason.

Not sure why.

Cynic

Arcane
I get why everyone is gushing over this.

I am happy to see some of the game finally in action too.

I'm sure they'll fix up most if not all of the issues that I and others have pointed out.

Note that I praised things about it at the same time.

Haba

Harbinger of Decline
Patron
Codex 2012 MCA Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
I mean than Nathan Grayson seems to be more hyped for Wasteland 2 than for Project Eternity:

Pillars of Eternity, relatively early though it still might be, is shaping up to be an impressive piece of work. I’m not quite wowed like I was when I went to see Wasteland 2, but so long as Obsidian sticks to The Plan, I think it’s got a good chance of pumping out another strong RPG.

Fargo is an old Publisher Suitman, he had made sure that the Doritos were offered and mountain dew flowed...

Grotesque

±¼ ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Patron
Vatnik
Divinity: Original Sin Divinity: Original Sin 2
This new title is one you would choose for a documentary.
Pillars of Eternity. It has no flow.
I don't like it.

FeelTheRads

Arcane
Expansion will be Pillars of Eternity: Grimness of Darkness.
There's your flow right there.

Game looks good. Fireball looks like the missile explosion in Quake 2.

St. Toxic

Arcane
They should've gone for Project Pillars as the final name. Also, animations look like ABSOLUTE SHIT. Look at the PARTICLE FX, wtf is this 1999?

MrEvilGuy

Educated
Final name is definitely better than the original. Fuck anything with "project" in the name.
this
i mean, come on, did you really want a non sci-fi game with "project" in its name?

Project to Eternity, Project for Eternity, Project of Eternity, Projecting Eternity. They just needed to add a preposition to give it a meaning beyond 'kickstarter project.'

Trash

Pointing and laughing.
Just had a look and saw that I pledged 80 bucks for this thing. WTF. So I'm glad to see it's shaping up well. Defenitely a heavy Black Isle vibe here.

And 35 backed projects. Argh.

Athelas

Arcane
The animations and spell effects are placeholders, that's why they look a bit rough.

VonVentrue

Cipher
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Wasteland 2
Looks pretty fantastic in every way (solid animations, eye-catching visual effects, wonderfully detailed backgrounds) - not a fan of the somewhat generic music track they've used, though.

Longshanks

Augur
New name is better, Project: Eternity just did not fit at all for a High Fantasy RPG. Whether it's a good name or not, I don't really care.

Graphics look great, and nitpicks on animations or character models just aren't necessary for me, the quality well surpasses my GW price.

This game seems to be shaping up perfectly as a BG-like. They have the look down, and other than that it's not overly difficult to at least come close to reaching BG series level quality. BG2 was far better than BG1 but neither game truly excelled in any particular aspect. I have confidence in Obsidian matching or surpassing the originals for writing and roleplaying. As long as combat is decent I think this will fill the BG spot of, relatively harmless, but solid and fun RPG.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Update was finally posted to Kickstarter (probably they staggered the updates to avoid additional stress on the backer site). It has a new link to Kotaku's newspost. Updated OP.

kenup

Scholar
Codex 2014
Update was finally posted to Kickstarter (probably they staggered the updates to avoid additional stress on the backer site). It has a new link to Kotaku's newspost. Updated OP.
So, I'm guessing everyone's e-mail update was delayed as well?

made

Arcane
Looks glorious.

So it's definite that this is RtwP and Torment is TB? I don't follow the megathreads.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom