Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Pillars of Eternity Kickstarter Update #69: Pledge Management Portal, Gameplay Teaser, Interviews

Apexeon

Arcane
Dam they got the waterfall working.
Looks like I will have to match them in my pitch video:cool:.

Dexter

Arcane
Spell animations look like barf. Especially fireball. Christ, the most iconic spell has to be the most interesting. Not only is it banal, the 3d effect of the sphere looks like its 2001.
hm they promised a bg game and they are delivering one...
want better effects? play dragon age 3
Really?

I can still think back fondly at some of the effects they employed in Dragon Age 2 in amazed wonderment;
DragonAge2%202011-03-12%2009-31-47-40.png

DragonAge2%202011-03-11%2005-45-04-05.png

Cynic

Arcane
Good trailer. Not great.

The art style is very nice, but the choppiness of the animation looks off, kind of jarring.

Backgrounds look superb, character models and their details are excellent. Spell effects mostly look fine, but again need some work.

Can't wait for the game, very hyped to play a true sequel to the IE series.

VioletShadow

Sensate
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Looks pretty awesome.

Am I the only one who wishes they just made Project: Eternity the name of the game? Pillars of Eternity sounds kinda dumb (but I'll get over it).

Maybe we just got used to Project: Eternity (which sounds cool) and now the change feels a bit weird. I like Pillars of Eternity just fine, although not a big fan of the logo.

Cynic

Arcane
Project Eternity never sounded cool...how can you call a fantasy RPG "Project" anything? doesn't gel from a marketing pov.

tuluse

Arcane
Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong
I hope the corpses don't vanish. Maybe it was just because that fireball is meant to remove the corpses but still.... hopefully it just hasn't been added in yet.
Those corpses 'sploded

MrBuzzKill

Arcane
Like the name, like the logo, like the backer portal, like the attention to detail in graphics.

Animation is a bit naff, however it looks and seems to feel like Baldurs Gate or Icewind Dale. That's essentially what I pledged for so kudos to them.

This.

Bulba

Learned
well da3 gone to an absolute shit(no way such things exist)... waf happened to the party? guess it's just 3rd person slasher now and u romance yourself

Surf Solar

cannot into womynz
I like the new name and ofcourse the backdrops, but the trailer felt unfinished.
Also, I didn't like the music at all and the 3d models really stand out ugly from the background. Sigh, where's the sprites :(

Invictus

Arcane
The Real Fanboy
Divinity: Original Sin 2
Looks surprisingly good! Nice backdrops, nice looking effects, so so animations but a very strong Temple of Elemental Evil vibe with the Icewind Dale art style; definetly a very worth succesesor the the IE games and thankfuly no TB or not TB BS here because everybody"s on the same page.
Looks abot still 6 months into 2014 with probably some beta testing err superdemo ohhh limited access whatever by april
Definetly looking foward to it!

Scruffy

Ex-janitor
Patron
Codex 2012 Torment: Tides of Numenera Codex USB, 2014
Final name is definitely better than the original. Fuck anything with "project" in the name.
this
i mean, come on, did you really want a non sci-fi game with "project" in its name?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom