Official Codex Discord Server

1. Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.
    Dismiss Notice

Game News Pillars of Eternity II Fig Update #51: Patch 1.2

Discussion in 'RPG News & Content' started by Infinitron, Jul 6, 2018.

1. Immortal Arcane

Immortal
    Parrots:
    Click here and disable ads!
    The factions mostly sat around scratching their ass until you did their story quests. Would of liked to see more interactivity with the world.
    I am now talking about game design and pacing.. Not so much the lore reasons behind what they are doing.

I want you to land on a beach and see the factions bickering with each other forcing you to take a side or be an edgy "I go my own way" boi.

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    • incline incline x 1
    ^ Top  
  2. Lady Error Arcane Literally Hitler

Lady Error
    Parrots:
    I think it actually makes sense for the protagonist to ignore the main quest as much as possible. After all, he/she was forced by a god to chase Eothas, so taking as much time as possible seems just fine. Who knows if Berath will even let you live after completing the task.

Also, Mirke is awesome. That just needed to be said.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Racist Racist x 1
    ^ Top  
  3. Diggfinger Savant

Diggfinger
    Parrots:
    :shunthenonbeliever:

• Doggy Doggy x 1
    ^ Top  
  4. Sordid MCA/Prosper Hybryd Arcane Patron

Sordid MCA/Prosper Hybryd
    Parrots:
    Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera
    Actually, the Watcher's visions about gods are quite akin to Hakunin dreams. I think they just tried to emulate false urgency of Fallout 2. And it makes sense, as structurally PoE2 and Fallout 2 are quite similar and both have this theme park design.

• Agree Agree x 1
    ^ Top  

(buying stuff via the above buttons helps us pay the hosting bills, thanks!)