Tacticular Cancer: We'll have your balls

1. Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.
    Dismiss Notice

Game News Pillars of Eternity II Fig Update #43: Year in Review, Backer Beta Update 1 Released

Discussion in 'RPG News & Content' started by Infinitron, Dec 22, 2017.

1. Make America Great Again Infinitron I post news Patron

Infinitron
    Parrots:
    Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
    Click here and disable ads!
    Tags: Katrina Garsten; Obsidian Entertainment; Pillars of Eternity II: Deadfire

The next game to receive an end-of-year development update is Pillars of Eternity II: Deadfire. The new update coincides with the release of a new backer beta version yesterday. The accompanying video, featuring as usual the affable Katrina Garsten, starts out with a summary of the year's previous updates, but quickly moves on to a description of the major changes introduced to the beta. You'll be familiar with those if you've read our newsposts about the past month's Q&A streams, but this is a much easier watch. Plus there's a fun bonus feature in the last three minutes.

Pillars of Eternity II will be at PAX South next month, on January 12-14. It's still unclear when exactly the game is coming out next year, but if we see some new content there that isn't part of the beta, perhaps we'll know it isn't far off.

• Brofist x 3
    • Participation Award x 2
    • incline x 2
    • Informative x 2
    • meh x 1
    • Friendly x 1
    ^ Top  
  2. Ruzen Learned

Ruzen
    Parrots:
    Looks two times better but they havent touched the firearms yet?! Also, I would go happy hour every night If my office had that beeping truck. :argh:

^ Top  
  3. Drowed Arcane

Drowed
    Parrots:
    [​IMG]

Behaviour sets makes me think of this. Which is a good thing, by the way.

• Brofist Brofist x 3
    • incline incline x 2
    • Salute Salute x 1
    ^ Top  
  4. Visbhume Prophet

Visbhume
    Parrots:
    It would be nice if there were an achievement for controlling your party only through the AI settings.

• hopw roewur ne hopw roewur ne x 1
    ^ Top  
  5. Turok Erudite

Turok
    Parrots:

achievement???

really??

I still don't understand why people like this "achievement" on everything.

^ Top  
  6. Gay-Lussac Arcane

Gay-Lussac
    Parrots:
    Dragon Age implemented it on CRPGs first. And I agree it's a great thing, specially with how many abilities characters have in Pillars.

^ Top  

(buying stuff via the above buttons helps us pay the hosting bills, thanks!)